TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I mean, if you want to go, you'll have a good time. Just not a lot has changed. The new entrance is pretty great, and they swapped out a few flats. Two expansions to the kids area has been their biggest investment in those years, so unless you have kids, not much for you. If you're coming to Missouri next year, I'd opt for an extra day at SDC over a day at WoF.

I'm planning to most likely go to Missouri again next year, to take my kids to St. Louis, and do stuff like the Arch, City Museum, and Six Flags. I'm not sold on going to either WoF or SDC, due to large amount of extra miles and time that entails, but my kids have never been to either, and I haven't been to WoF since Orient Express was still there. So it's been a while! I know that SDC is a "better park" than WoF, but as CF Passholders, the expense is obviously a lot greater. I definitely want to go to SDC at some point before long, and if not next year, 2021 should be the latest!

^ For you, WoF would be worth it. Patriot and Prowler will be new to you, and Planet Snoopy is awesome. Not sure whether you're into waterparks, but Oceans of Fun is the best one in the state. Next year we're getting the same slide that Dollywood got a couple years ago and is super fun.

Since it would be free entry, and it's only a four hour drive, I'd say go for it.

As for SDC, you can get 2-day passes for $5 more than a 1-day pass (and you're gonna need 2 days anyway). This year they're $71 for 1 day, $76 for 2. We won't know next year's prices until November.

I know that adds up to quite a bit ($380 for 5), but it does help having the second day almost free, and motels are plentiful and cheap in Branson.

^Yes, I noticed that hotels were definitely cheap in Branson! I actually already booked one for next year (with free cancellation and reserve now, pay later), just in case I decide to make the trip down. I do love Dollywood, and SDC has been a bucket list park for a while now! I just have a LOT of parks I'm trying to hit next year, and not all of them will make the cut when the final accounting has been made, and the budget has been set. But SDC definitely has a good shot!

Awesome! You'll love it, whenever you can make it. St. Louis is a great city too. We have a lot of fun free stuff, it should be a vacation destination. It just isn't for a lot of people. Maybe it's the violence? "Deadliest City in America" doesn't do much for your tourism bureau.

Don't let that scare you off though. The tourist areas are fine. I've been to St. Louis loads of times, with kids even, and haven't lost anyone yet!

I would recommend staying at the WOF Village at a cabin or cottage. That makes all the difference to me. I've been several times this season, and like you, as a Platinum Passholder (with the dining plan), it makes it very affordable. The new Cottom Blossom and new food offerings are very good. They have an entrance on the Oceans of Fun side, which, depending on when you were last there, is now one big park instead of separate ones. I find it very nice to just leave the car parked and walk to the Oceans entrance from the Village and walk back at the end of the night.

In my opinion, WOF is a very underrated Cedar Fair park. The landscaping is beautiful, it is very relaxing, Oceans is one of the best waterparks I've been to anywhere, not just Missouri, its rarely crowded, and you get a good workout to boot with the terrain. You gotta be in good shape to navigate it, ha ha, just like SDC.

So Worlds Of Fun silently changed their pass holder Bring-A-Friend tickets late this week for today. It's a Saturday for haunt, and they had it listed as $24.99 online / 27.99 at the park, I went to buy tickets last night and they changed the calendar for today to the $36/$41 price. The first weekend was definitely cheaper as I went to buy the tickets to see price with fees and it was definitely a lot less. Pretty crappy of them.

Weather is not looking good, though. Hopefully it scares everyone away and the park doesn't get hit. wishful thinking. Wish me luck!

Thanks to everyone recommending Cyclone Sam's! It was a blast, lol. A little dizzy after that one.

Lightning and thunder still in the area unfortunately so I still haven't been on Mamba, Prowler, or Spinning Dragons yet. Was really looking forward to Prowler so I'm hoping it opens back up at some point.

Timber Wolf wasn't very good. I loved the signs about not being responsible for discomfort on the ride. It wasn't TOO too rough, it was just an uninspiring layout.

I'm looking forward to my visit this upcoming weekend! This will be my first time at Haunt since the early 2000's. I don't even think it was called Haunt then lol! They had one, I repeat, one haunted house then! It was themed to clowns and occupied a building that was removed for Patriot. Damn, I love showing my age lol!

Eli (WOF steam engine) expected to make its return to the park in 2021. In the meantime, looks like WOF will be getting a steam engine that ran at Kings Dominion to be in place by opening day next season.

Good to know they are making some kind of progress.

Well, if Six Flags buys Cedar Fair you guys will finally be getting a new addition. Get ready for a S&S free spin themed to Aqua Man.

I would rather keep the charm of the park then get a superhero themed ride.

I had my first visit ever to Halloween Haunt this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. One observation I had was the lack of decorations throughout the park as compared to Fright Fest at Six Flags. But they completely make up for it in the Haunted Houses! Wow! The level of theming and props and the fact that there are way more scareactors in the houses was exponentially superior to Fright Fest!

My favorite Haunt hands down was Cornstalkers. It was incredibly long, and so spooky! My least favorite was Chamber of Horrors: Condemned. It seemed to have the least amount of scareactors out of all of the houses. The gimmick of using a flashlight for half of the house was honestly pretty lame. I'd rather just walk in the dark. Also, you cant see any of the props. I tried to use the flashlight to look at some props, and there was a scareactor on a podium that I thought was a mannequin, and I got yelled at for not shining the light on the ground. Ok, then what is the point then?

So all in all, I really enjoyed Haunt, and Mamba at night is AMAZING! There was so much fog after dark that you couldn't see the bottom of the second drop and it made for a really cool effect.

Wow. I've never had that happen to me in any of the flashlight mazes I've been through at CF parks despite shining the light every which way.

I had my first visit ever to Halloween Haunt this past weekend. I really enjoyed it. One observation I had was the lack of decorations throughout the park as compared to Fright Fest at Six Flags. But they completely make up for it in the Haunted Houses! Wow! The level of theming and props and the fact that there are way more scareactors in the houses was exponentially superior to Fright Fest!

My favorite Haunt hands down was Cornstalkers. It was incredibly long, and so spooky! My least favorite was Chamber of Horrors: Condemned. It seemed to have the least amount of scareactors out of all of the houses. The gimmick of using a flashlight for half of the house was honestly pretty lame. I'd rather just walk in the dark. Also, you cant see any of the props. I tried to use the flashlight to look at some props, and there was a scareactor on a podium that I thought was a mannequin, and I got yelled at for not shining the light on the ground. Ok, then what is the point then?

So all in all, I really enjoyed Haunt, and Mamba at night is AMAZING! There was so much fog after dark that you couldn't see the bottom of the second drop and it made for a really cool effect.

And yet, somehow all the Haunts are included with admission at WOF, but you have to pay for them at Fright Fest?

Wait. What? You have to pay for the haunts separately at SF???

I don't believe that's chain-wide, just some parks (like Great Adventure). I could be wrong though.

But yeah, it's a little nuts.

I did some poking around the SF STL website (since that's the nearest SF to WoF) and... yup. All of their haunts specify "additional fee" and some of the mazes as well. It doesn't say what the fee IS, though. Their FAQ is so focused on trying to be funny and "in theme" that it doesn't really give you a whole lot of info...

I did see that apparently the Diamond level memberships get a Fright Fest Haunt wristband. Aside from that, though, looks like you have to pay.

Well, I'm definitely gonna stick to Worlds of Fun for Halloween, that's for sure. I've gotta go give this info to my friends; we have SF Silver memberships and were gonna go for Halloween, but we might as well wait, giving us more time to save up for gas and food, and just go for the Holiday fest instead.

It’s $40 person person this year for the base-level pass. I’ve watched over the years as the mazes have gotten drastically more expensive and underwhelming... buying into them last year was the last time I made that mistake.

I can’t believe the WoF mazes are free as someone who’s grown up going to SFSTL. I’ve also always heard that WoF’s were superior as well.