TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Also, you're getting Winterfest which is awesome and the initial investment can't possibly be cheap.

I included that in my estimate. WinterFest is probably the biggest investment of 2017 at WOF.

It will be a big investment but I'm not sold it will cost more than the new front gate area or the new catering village. They're doing a bunch of infrastructure work this year which makes me wonder what they're gearing up for here at the park.

Your right maybe that was reaching. Just trying to figure out what would be a good fit since the Premier clone announced for San Diego was announced. It was one of the four being built is US next year with the rest in other parts of the world. I believe this was on a Company Ad that Screamscape had posted.

I also believe that the park is getting ready for a large investment. IMHO it will be a coaster.

Something else to consider is that WOF 50th anniversary is coming in 2023.

Just did a conversion for the heck of it.

RCDB (https://rcdb.com/12409.htm) stated Pulsar cost 8.5 Euro Million which converts to $9,045,000.00 US Dollars. This does not count for valuation of when built (2016) but todays dollars.

So two used flats re-furbished and front entrance and Winterfest maybe $5 million total I'm guessing give or take. 1 each for the flats, 1.5 for entrance and pavilion areas, 0.5 for Winterfest and the rest for incidentals (landscaping, earth moving, unexpected expenses, etc.) to finish up is my guess.

Any guess if the amount is the same or equal what kind of coaster that would purchase? In my mind it would be family one slotted between Spinning Dragons and Prowler. But what?!

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

Your right maybe that was reaching. Just trying to figure out what would be a good fit since the Premier clone announced for San Diego was announced. It was one of the four being built is US next year with the rest in other parts of the world. I believe this was on a Company Ad that Screamscape had posted.

I also believe that the park is getting ready for a large investment. IMHO it will be a coaster.

The park could quite literally get any type of coaster. It's really only the enthusi-asses that are convinced WOF will never get a large coaster again. However I honestly think 2018 will probably bring a used Tornado slide to OOF and maybe another flat to WOF.

I doubt that anything major would be added due to the 50th but hopefully they can do some nostalgia additions like they've done for KD.

. . . It's really only the enthusi-asses that are convinced WOF will never get a large coaster again. . .

No, we are just going off of their past installments. The park hasn't gotten a "large" coaster since 2009. . . If you can even count Prowler as a "large" coaster. WOF seems to be the black sheep of the Cedar Fair chain. They haven't spent a lot on a large coaster in 8 years now, and what's to make us think they are going to change that?? Hope? No thanks. Till they prove us wrong, and plop down a massive GOOD coaster, it's not even worth speculating.

Just did a conversion for the heck of it.

RCDB (https://rcdb.com/12409.htm) stated Pulsar cost 8.5 Euro Million which converts to $9,045,000.00 US Dollars. This does not count for valuation of when built (2016) but todays dollars.

So two used flats re-furbished and front entrance and Winterfest maybe $5 million total I'm guessing give or take. 1 each for the flats, 1.5 for entrance and pavilion areas, 0.5 for Winterfest and the rest for incidentals (landscaping, earth moving, unexpected expenses, etc.) to finish up is my guess.

Any guess if the amount is the same or equal what kind of coaster that would purchase? In my mind it would be family one slotted between Spinning Dragons and Prowler. But what?!

If you think WinterFest costs half a million dollars then I need to meet with your dealer. My lowest estimate for the event is $3 million. Probably closer to $4-4.5 million of even more.

2018 Prediction:

Mack Power Splash (custom or clone)

Unique would be only second one in the world I believe.

Launch coaster and water ride.

Still functional for Winterfest if programmed to run when water basin is empty?

Anyone think this would be a good fit?

I'm still betting on a Premier Sky Rocket II as the largest coaster to come to WOF in the near future.

I did read on Screamscape that Kanonen from liseberg will be shipped and opened at an American park in 2018. I know expecting it to come to WOF is extremely outlandish since Cedar Fair hasnt worked with Intamin in a while and it seems too nice of a ride for WOF. It would fill most of the gaps in their coaster lineup. Its just an idea and i know just because its on screamscape doesnt mean its true. It was just a thought i had.

. . . It's really only the enthusi-asses that are convinced WOF will never get a large coaster again. . .

No, we are just going off of their past installments. The park hasn't gotten a "large" coaster since 2009. . . If you can even count Prowler as a "large" coaster. WOF seems to be the black sheep of the Cedar Fair chain. They haven't spent a lot on a large coaster in 8 years now, and what's to make us think they are going to change that?? Hope? No thanks. Till they prove us wrong, and plop down a massive GOOD coaster, it's not even worth speculating.

And we both know why that's the case. CF bought the Paramount Parks and took on a butt load of debt. The Paramount Parks were not really up to the levels they should have been. WOF really has no major competitor and for the market-size it really did not need a huge new coaster at the time.

Again, it's only the enthusi-asses who make up crap that says WOF will never get a large GOOD coaster again. They're usually the same ones who think CF will never work with Intamin again too.

So two used flats re-furbished and front entrance and Winterfest maybe $5 million total I'm guessing give or take. 1 each for the flats, 1.5 for entrance and pavilion areas, 0.5 for Winterfest and the rest for incidentals (landscaping, earth moving, unexpected expenses, etc.) to finish up is my guess!

Based on the land size cleared in the old boneyard for the new pavilions, I imagine it will probably look a lot like the one going in at Dorney. The spokesperson for DP said that their project was a multi-million dollar investment. So that throws your numbers off a tad (like I suspected).

I'm attaching artwork for Dorney's Pavilion. I assume WOF's Pavilion will look similar.

QNWT9683.thumb.jpg.a594301fe418ee4981e2a2288681ab17.jpg

Edited by ZambeziZinger

Everyone has a right to their opinion even all of you. This forum is for POLITE and MATURE discussion. No one has to agree with me nor do I them but when SOME of you act like ASSES it just shows how INTOLERANT you are if it doesn't line up within your realm of what is right. Yes, I am enthusiastic as can be considering the corporate control but am POLITE enough to AGREEABLY DISAGREE without putting someone down.

And to those of you who were KIND and THOUGHTFULLY had some input THANK YOU for the way your point was delivered. Nicely done.

Everyone has a right to their opinion even all of you. This forum is for POLITE and MATURE discussion. No one has to agree with me nor do I them but when SOME of you act like ASSES it just shows how INTOLERANT you are if it doesn't line up within your realm of what is right. Yes, I am enthusiastic as can be considering the corporate control but am POLITE enough to AGREEABLY DISAGREE without putting someone down.

And to those of you who were KIND and THOUGHTFULLY had some input THANK YOU for the way your point was delivered. Nicely done.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To