TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unexpected Queues

I searched for this and I couldn't find it so, if anyone does, lock it please.

Ok, just say what queues surprised you. Whether it is a long queue for a bad ride or short for a great ride ect.

For me, it has to be Oblivion at Alton Towers. It was a walk on!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last summer at Cedar Point, Dragster had a 10 minute wait on a summer night in late June. I waited 5 minutes longer for the front and got many rides in a row. Dragster is IMO a great ride, but even better when the wait is that short. 8 or 9 night rides topped off my 3 days at the park beautifully. Ride On.

The queue that really suprised me was the flume ride at Walibi Belgium. The line looked reasonable with a decent portion outside what we assumed was the station, only to find quite a few switchbacks. Still not too bad, only to find a whole additional floor of switchbacks before getting on the ride.

There was also no "estimated wait time from this point" sign anywhere.

Walibi operations at their best.

Yeasterday i toll I was surprised that Great American Scream Machine (1-2 seconds queue) was a good ride, but im alone with that opinion, I dont know if im surprised about that

If i'm not the best queue i've been in was a 10 min queue for Nitro, and 5 more mins for the front seats, like dragonskeep.

I have heard the wait for Dueling Dragons would reach 3 hours during Horror nights. I love the ride but you gotta be kidding me, personally I never waited more than 20 minutes. The opening year for Magnum we waited 2 hours though and it was totally worth it. That really was a special event the first year.

I would definitely have to say X had the most surprising line I've waited in. This is just because it looked like it was a 20 minute wait and it ended up being two hours with a train departing every five minutes... It was bad. I may have just been there during training or something, but I hope that operations have improved.

My vote is for Dueling Dragons. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the ride, but the queue itself suprised the heck out of me with it's size and length....i almost wouldn't mind waiting longer to get a better look at all the details.

Other than that I am always suprised at the length of wait for ANYTHING at Canada's Wonderland on any given day......it is pretty much still at least 45 minutes for an SLC.....when you're lucky.

Dragon and Toboggan at La Ronde... Toboggan had a massive line all day when we went, and from reading trip reports, it seems to be a thing that happens all the time!

And Dragon had a seemingly short line that took an hour due to sloooooooooooooow loading times! The ride is only 45 seconds long, but it takes them another five to load/unload!

We went to SFMM two years ago on the 4th of July weekend. We where all expecting extremely long lines, but we rode everything in only around 6 hours.

Everything was a walk on except for X. Which, since it was only running one train, took an hour and a half at the least. (But there was another coaster entheusist there that we could talk to)

--James

Everything on my first trip at Dorney to ride the coasters besides Thunderhawk in 2005 (I had been to Dorney many times before but never on the other coasters). I expected lines and everything was a walk on - 5 minute wait. I later found out that is the norm.

Also Kingda Ka where it was a walk on in the middle of the day on a weekday in May and I walked right onto the front row

The logflume at idlewild...

It was just slightly out of the station, so we thought we were good.

It was around an hour wait!

We had just enough time to grab a bite to eat (their gyros are great!), and make it back to the bus!

Not really a queue, but close to it. One morning on the rush to Splash Mountain in Disney World, I guess a lot of people were confused. About half of the people ahead of us ran straight into the Swiss Family Treehouse instead of to the bigger attractions!

I rode Maverick in June of 07. 5 hour wait with 20 people ahead of us. Damn thing kept breaking down after maintainece signed off on it.

I'm suprised no one mentioned Roger Rabit at Disneyland. I always thought it funny that the instant you walk in the queue, you have that wall with the window in it where you see the loading dock, so you think you're there, and then it takes that right turn into the extended queue house.

I've had a few lately:

Viper has had a short wait lately, so that is a good thing as the line is usually long.

American Eagle had a one hour wait, which is the longest I've seen it in a few years.

El Toro had a 15 minute wait the first time I rode it. The second time I rode it, it was a walk on.

Kingda Ka was a walk on for row two both times I rode it.

Nitro was a walk on when I rode it.

Medusa was a walk on when I rode it.

Oh, and while that is all I did at SFGADV, I did it in only two hours. I had only heard horror stories about the lines at SFGADV, so the lines were a big surprise.