TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Some pictures from the parks Twitter and Instagram, as construction is nearing White Water Canyon, White Waters Reservoir has been drained for construction.

Also a picture of the new Haunt "Field of Dreams" coming in 2016! (photo was sent to me by a friend, received the picture literally out of nowhere)

IMG_3410.PNG.c1c8259dacb3cd1eba187c0eb51ab0c3.PNG

IMG_3412.thumb.JPG.99fa44715cf258ce856c1b1f2209b534.JPG

IMG_3413.PNG.a83193a7cb78adfab60e508099141e3f.PNG

14022149_1774765129406717_5588465506071489025_n.jpg.152ee0b6421cfb08c7eb61f3b0adac70.jpg

Edited by drummermattk

Regarding your Vlog, it was good, and with some nice shots of the rides. However, if you would like some constructive stuff, then I would say to spend more time on reviewing the rides and going more in depth about them. Almost every ride had the review, 'It was good.'

^I think he just wanted to show the park a little and record his experience. As much as I love this hobby, it's already nerdy enough without even trying. Not everything has to be a nerdy review.

There are food critics and there are people who just enjoy food. The same could be said for this hobby. I try to dabble in both without pretending like I know too much about what I'm talking about, because I don't and I'm good with it. Saying "the ride was good" is sometimes good enough. You don't have to say "This ride is my new #17 on my top 100 list," and explain how it had little pops of airtime with a nice facade on the station.

Edited by prozach626

Also a picture of the new Haunt "Field of Dreams" coming in 2016! (photo was sent to me by a friend, received the picture literally out of nowhere)

If all of those box-looking things have scarecrows, I'm going to be peeing myself. Haha I'm so pumped for Haunt! (minus the pee).

Also, if KI has a Haunt page up I cannot find it for the life of me. I'll feel really dumb if it was right there in front of my eyes the whole time, but can someone link?

If all of those box-looking things have scarecrows, I'm going to be peeing myself. Haha I'm so pumped for Haunt! (minus the pee).

Also, if KI has a Haunt page up I cannot find it for the life of me. I'll feel really dumb if it was right there in front of my eyes the whole time, but can someone link?

I don't think it's up yet. On the KI home page they have the ability to buy tickets for haunt, which shows the mazes and everything, but it does not have the new maze on it. However, they do typically have a webpage for it, and my guess is it would be out soon, with us being roughly 3 weeks away from opening night!!

Here is the link that I am talking about.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt

I take what I said back, as I posted that, checking the website it is updated with the new maze on it.

Is KI Haunt included in it's admission/season pass, or is it a seperate charged event?

Just want to know so I can plan accordingly.

It is included.

If you haven't before, shell out the extra money for Fright Lane, the skeleton key is a lot of fun.

I didn't know there was any other way.

That's why I don't invite people to go anymore, they don't "believe" in paying for the Fright Lane. I don't need that negativity in my life.

Is KI Haunt included in it's admission/season pass, or is it a seperate charged event?

It is included.

If you haven't before, shell out the extra money for Fright Lane, the skeleton key is a lot of fun.

We actually had a debate about this today. At the CA Cedar Fair parks they close and reopen for Haunt, so you either need a separate Haunt ticket or a Gold/Platinum Pass. With my Platinum Pass I get a bring a friend ticket, so does that mean I can bring someone to Haunt for free? If it's like the CA parks, I wouldn't be able to.

It is included.

But then you don't have enough money to drink or tip strippers. But with fright lane, you have more time to do those things.

It is included.

We actually had a debate about this today. At the CA Cedar Fair parks they close and reopen for Haunt, so you either need a separate Haunt ticket or a Gold/Platinum Pass. With my Platinum Pass I get a bring a friend ticket, so does that mean I can bring someone to Haunt for free? If it's like the CA parks, I wouldn't be able to.

That's odd that a Cedar Fair park would operate different than another Cedar Fair park, but KI does not close and reopen, they stay open all day Saturday, Friday night is just evening operation and Sunday the haunted houses are not open. As for the bring a friend free, not sure how that works. Looking through KI's website, the only benefit I see around the bring a friend is the ability to buy up to 4 discounted tickets in advance or the ticket window.

It is included.

That's odd that a Cedar Fair park would operate different than another Cedar Fair park, but KI does not close and reopen, they stay open all day Saturday, Friday night is just evening operation and Sunday the haunted houses are not open. As for the bring a friend free, not sure how that works. Looking through KI's website, the only benefit I see around the bring a friend is the ability to buy up to 4 discounted tickets in advance or the ticket window.

It is weird that the CA parks operate differently. It makes sense for Knott's because of how big their Haunt is (and how family-friendly the park is otherwise) but it's kinda weird at CGA. The bring a friend ticket I was referring to was Platinum renewal. I guess I'll find out today when I renew!

FYI I have had really good luck with the contact us page on their web site. A few weeks ago late on a Saturday afternoon I asked if they infused the Blue Ice Cream with petro chemical based artificial food dyes and received a response within a couple of hours that yes they indeed do infuse their Blue Ice Cream with petro chemical based artificial food dyes.

Good to know if you do or do not like to ingest hydrocarbons.

It is included.

But then you don't have enough money to drink or tip strippers.

Then you're doing it wrong.

If KI ever did get a new dark ride would it be to replace Boo Blasters or would it be in addition to? I personally think the park could support two different dark rides. It just doesn't seem to be the norm.

The old Tomb Raider/Crypt building would be great for a new dark ride of some sorts but it is a small area wise to fit a decent dark ride in it. If they kept the cave entrance it already has and maybe add on to the existing structure (there's plenty of room behind the huge building to do so) then it would be possible and not cost as much as an entirely new build.