TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

I think the seatbelts on Diamondback are pointless. If Nitro can run without seatbelts, so can Diamondback.

You're correct, but after riding multiple times with TONS of room between myself and the lapbar I'm happy to report that the seat belts don't affect the ride experience at all. No difference between 2016 and 2009 floating around in your seat. Capacity? Different story.

Absolutely. But Cedar Fair loves seatbelts more than life itself.

This.

I can't think of many rides that don't have seatbelts at Cedar Fair parks.

That's very true. The only rides in the Cedar Fair chain that don't have seat belts and redundant belts are swinging ships, shoot the chute rides, log flumes, flying coasters, and carousels.

This.

That's very true. The only rides in the Cedar Fair chain that don't have seat belts and redundant belts are swinging ships, shoot the chute rides, log flumes, flying coasters, and carousels.

CF added seatbelts to the Carousel at GL in 2004. Does anyone know if they are still on the Carousel now that it's located at WOF?

EDIT: CF also added seatbelts to Grizzly Run in 2004/5.

This.

CF added seatbelts to the Carousel at GL in 2004. Does anyone know if they are still on the Carousel now that it's located at WOF?

EDIT: CF also added seatbelts to Grizzly Run in 2004/5.

Yes but, I don't think there are any seat belts on any carousels anymore. But yes, they do have seat belts on river rapids rides. But, that is something a lot of parks have done over the years which aren't in the Cedar Fair chain as well. Another ride I know that doesn't have seat belts is Wonder Mountain's Guardian. It's a dark ride 4-D ineractive coaster which features a roller coaster hill and a 30 foot drop track at the finale.

I wouldn't worry about the seat belts ruining the Diamondback ride experience. There are seat belts on Fury 325. Despite my belt, I slouched back in the seat until we were out of the station, and that drop hand me standing up.

Fury has good capacity with seat belts, too. I'd expect Diamondback to be able to do the same.

Why did they feel the need to put in seatbelts? Did guests complain about feeling "unsafe" (even though they are safe)?

I guess the seat belts were added due to the rattling that the trains produce and also to make some guests feel safer. But, since the seat belts don't tighten as they ratchet and can stretch throughout the ride after being locked I don't see a huge point in them. But, since it doesn't affect the riding experience, I don't mind them.

I guess the seat belts were added due to the rattling that the trains produce

?????

Well, on Behemoth there is a significant amount of rattling caused which could "potentially" cause a restraint to come open. But, that is highly unlikely but, I believe that is one of the main reasons as to why Cedar Fair added seat belts to their B&M hyper coasters. I found Diamondback to be slightly smoother than Behemoth so I was quite surprised to see seat belts on it. But, I guess it can be kind of rough at times.

^ I can assure you that the "rattling" would not cause a restraint failure. I can also assure you that the seat belts are not there because of the "rattling."

You even said it yourself... Diamondback is "smoother" and it still has the belts, so even by your own logic the "rattling" is not the cause for the belts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

^ I can assure you that the "rattling" would not cause a restraint failure. I can also assure you that the seat belts are not there because of the "rattling."

You even said it yourself... Diamondback is "smoother" and it still has the belts, so even by your own logic the "rattling" is not the cause for the belts.

I was never concerned about the restraints opening on any B&M coaster. But, there is some rattling on Diamondback. I never said it was completely smooth. I was just saying it could be one of the reasons as to why they added the seat belts to their hyper coasters for the 2014 season. But, I do understand that the seat belts were added to please the insurance company.

^ You say "also added" as if you still believe that the "rattling" has anything to do with it.

And if you were never concerned about B&M's restraints, then why did you say that the "rattling" could "'potentially' cause a restraint to come open."

You said one thing, now you are saying something else. So, I can't follow your argument if you have one.

^ You say "also added" as if you still believe that the "rattling" has anything to do with it.

And if you were never concerned about B&M's restraints, then why did you say that the "rattling" could "'potentially' cause a restraint to come open."

You said one thing, now you are saying something else. So, I can't follow your argument if you have one.

When I put things in quotations marks, it's my way of being sarcastic. Sorry for any confusions. Also, I was looking at the situation from a general park goers perspective as many people who have really no idea as to what the real reason is speculate this. Anyways, B&M hypers are amazing rides with or without seat belts. So, I'm done if you are!

They really need seatbelts on The Bat. All that swinging could potentially cause the restraints to fail.

No, you're perfectly safe and that would only reduce the hourly capacity of the coaster. But, they did have redundant belts on Vortex at Canada's Wonderland for a few years but, they were removed after the 2011 season which was a great thing!

What a fine example of how misinformation is spread. The department of education has decided that the last couple pages of this thread will now be shown to 3rd graders as a replacement for the "telephone game."