TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Does RMC suddenly have a monopoly on white crane trucks?

No, but judging solely from the lack of white crane trucks from other companies, RMC must have an exclusivity contract with white crane paint. Other companies can get white cranes, but only if RMC retires one and a different company buys it.

I also know every Cedar Fair park addition for the next 10 years, but they told me to keep it a secret.

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

RAWKIN_coaster38, this just reminds me that I still need to post my Mini-TR from the other week! I actually started once, and got halfway through, but accidentally hit the page refresh button, and lost it all, which discouraged me from doing it again for a while. But hopefully Wednesday morning I can get some time to finally post it! It looks like you had another great time there! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like an RMC truck stopped by KI? Photo cred to KICentral on twitter.

OMG! That's what's in the shed! They finally made a coaster for enthusiasts, you guys--hear me out, this is legit--at the end of Mystic Timbers, you go into the shed to see an RMC truck! Jizz yourself with excitement! It's happening. It's real. It's confirmed. You heard it here first.

Lmao hard!

KI seems pretty smart about making a lot of visible progress on their coasters early on. It acts as free advertisement for upcoming season to all of the late season visitors. Maybe it's just coincidence to get ahead of the weather, but either way, it works.

Anyone heading to the park tonight? I heard it might be pretty busy, but I just drank my weekend's worth of alcohol all last night, so no more partying tonight. Whenever I can drag my hungover a$$ up, I'm planning on going to the park.

That is a rather odd looking footer for a wooden coaster

I believe that they are trying to reduce the amount on footers/concrete in the reservoir. Im interested to see at what points are White Water and Timbers interacting. I know where the first tower for watching/ train shed and patch station are are two interactions (one gong into tunnel and one going out of tunnel).

Heading out to Kings Island to take the Midgets to their first adult Halloween event. Pre-scare Boo-feet? Check! Skeleton Keys preordered? Check! Motel for Friday and Saturday? Check! Am I missing anything?

Enjoy it! I'd totally say hey if I was still in Cincy. Make sure to get some Skyline Chili and some Blue ice cream!

Diamondback in row 2 FTW. Bonus points for at night. The fog creates tunnels in the woods and it's pretty epic.

I'd start them off with Madam Fatale's (in the Crypt) indoor haunt since I found it not to be very scary, but more so impressively detailed. It's not too long either. It's not very bloody/gorey from what I remember either, which could be a good introduction compared to the Slaghterhouse/Board to Death mazes that are pretty intense.

Heading out to Kings Island to take the Midgets to their first adult Halloween event. Pre-scare Boo-feet? Check! Skeleton Keys preordered? Check! Motel for Friday and Saturday? Check! Am I missing anything?

Motel? I hope to God it isn't Super 8

I've been meaning to post the few pics I took last Saturday. But I just want to say...

I hath redeemed mine self!

I went to Haunt alone, and managed to go through Cavern of Terror (which I still thought was pretty scary! I guess it just depends what you find scary... I'm not a huge fan of mannequins, but I'm cool with clowns, so I'd say CarnEvil would be a good starter maze). andddd...

I went through Board 2 Death! It was still scary but not as bad. I still hold to my memory that the first time it was darker, or at least, my eyes couldn't see as well. This time, I could see the path around the thimble and wheelbarrow a lot easier, and I could see that that's what they were. Didn't see the bunny/rat, I kinda rushed through that room.

Also, I met some cool guys who I joined for Blackout and Carnevil. Blackout...THAT TALL THING IS STILL THE MOST TERRIFYING THING AT HAUNT!! I couldn't even look at it!

Ended the night with front row Beast, and waited an hour. I heard Diamondback had a 2 hour line at some point. Needless to say, the park was pretty busy, with long coaster lines, but not too long of maze lines.

IMG_4188.thumb.jpg.27eb5e658b155e3e58191245e5245a2d.jpg

I would have loved to see this ride, the detail in here is fabulous!

IMG_4189.thumb.jpg.254a252077dac96825c8b8bc67ad2b5a.jpg

Why there sir, you look totally fabulous

IMG_4190.thumb.jpg.ef3825f96006337c970e57001f349910.jpg

Why, aren't you a fabulous spider?

IMG_4191.thumb.jpg.44a74371fbe37564485b3aaaefee4d09.jpg

Girl, you so fab!

IMG_4194.thumb.jpg.65ff1972cde36081ba62faceafca49fa.jpg

Work it, work it ancient alien creature that doesn't seem to go with the plotline of this maze! You so fab!

IMG_4196.thumb.jpg.dbdc0384f783b13d935697473325d844.jpg

Fabulous puking punkin

IMG_4198.thumb.jpg.a43985eb61e0b334610e2de486eae556.jpg

Fabulous pooping punkin (Seriously, who thinks of these things?)

IMG_4200.thumb.jpg.cc11dc4bbe295e34bb8367dc17106cb6.jpg

So fabulous! (Depending on whether you believe in the B&M rattle, subscribe to B&M rattle weekly, have sold your soul to the B&M rattle, or vehemently deny any B&M rattle, in which case you proudly ride Banshee in the back and declare it the best B&M invert in the world, despite other glaringly obvious contenders. )

Nothing wrong with Super 8. Super 8 and Motel 6 are about all I can afford when I go on coaster trips like I did this past May.

There are many things wrong with that Super 8, though. Super 8s are franchised, so they can vary widely from one to another. I've stayed in some that are great and some that are awful. I wouldn't recommend the one near Kings Island at all.

Enjoy it! I'd totally say hey if I was still in Cincy. Make sure to get some Skyline Chili and some Blue ice cream!

Diamondback in row 2 FTW. Bonus points for at night. The fog creates tunnels in the woods and it's pretty epic.

I'd start them off with Madam Fatale's (in the Crypt) indoor haunt since I found it not to be very scary, but more so impressively detailed. It's not too long either. It's not very bloody/gorey from what I remember either, which could be a good introduction compared to the Slaghterhouse/Board to Death mazes that are pretty intense.

They have Graeters and you are telling people to eat the blue stuff?

And you won't like what I have to say about the chili...

They have Graeters and you are telling people to eat the blue stuff?

And you won't like what I have to say about the chili...

I'm a UDF chocolate chip cookie dough kinda guy.

I suppose there are UDF locations near the park?

Looks like there's one on Mason Montgomery not far from the park. They're all over Cincinnati. They make everything in Norwood right next to Xavier University and the UDFs by the HQ had great ice cream and shakes.

Greaters and the French pot way they make their ice cream is great, but I've never been in love.

Screenshot_20161012-080628.thumb.png.e41b4c224ec1a65a8b0e5389254dca12.png