TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

That would have been amazing to have a water effect on backlot. You mentioned they were to drift, how so??

From what I heard, the concept Paramount approached Premier (might of been the other way around, not sure) was to have the back of the cars "drift" when it went around a corner, or basically the car part of the chassis would swing out to the side. The tech apparently wasn't ready so they decided to not include it in the final coaster. Premier did end up making a concept that was shown at IAAPA 2010. Apparently the coaster was sold to a park in Abu Dhabi, but have yet to see it appear. http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=189&linkid=9775&pageno=5

Maybe someone reminded them that front wheel drive cars don't really drift...

That would have been amazing to have a water effect on backlot. You mentioned they were to drift, how so??

From what I heard, the concept Paramount approached Premier (might of been the other way around, not sure) was to have the back of the cars "drift" when it went around a corner, or basically the car part of the chassis would swing out to the side. The tech apparently wasn't ready so they decided to not include it in the final coaster. Premier did end up making a concept that was shown at IAAPA 2010. Apparently the coaster was sold to a park in Abu Dhabi, but have yet to see it appear. http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=189&linkid=9775&pageno=5

I seem to remember from my days watching Top Gear that this isn't really true, I remember them being able to drift just about any car they wanted. Not that I know much about it or anything.

The Bat is going to look awesome once they're done painting it. It'd be epic if they brought back the bat heads on the trains.

I always thought it was cool how Flight Deck ran right up next to the support structure for SoB. I'm going to miss that. I think there's enough room between the Bat & Banshee for a nice wooden coaster that could bring that element back. I'm sure GCI or RMC could build something really cool there.

The Bat is going to look awesome once they're done painting it. It'd be epic if they brought back the bat heads on the trains.

I always thought it was cool how Flight Deck ran right up next to the support structure for SoB. I'm going to miss that. I think there's enough room between the Bat & Banshee for a nice wooden coaster that could bring that element back. I'm sure GCI or RMC could build something really cool there.

I think that would make the area look extremely crowded. I'd rather see a pathway between the two.

I seem to remember from my days watching Top Gear that this isn't really true, I remember them being able to drift just about any car they wanted. Not that I know much about it or anything.

*going off coaster topics for a bit* You can get FWD cars to go sideways, but it's not 'drifting' in the traditional sense of being able to have a controlled swing of the rear end. You're right in that you can do it, but usually getting a FWD car to go sideways will require a quick counter-steer if the car is set up right, or tearing the crap out of your e-brake. More or less all you're really doing in a FWD car is getting into the turn quicker, but it really ends up slowing you down through the corner. It's way more of a trick than being effective. Drifting is actually pretty silly, but it looks 'cooler' in movies than driving for real speed...

I like the Gatekeeper station

I like it but there's no theming (which is fine since the coaster doesn't have a theme). In this case it looks like they're going for an old cathedral, vampire castle kind of look and while I'm not exactly confusing them with Universal or Disney, it's more than I expected.