TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

What's a Media Day like? Do they just let you ride the new ride a bunch for a few hours? Do they have anything else open, or is it just the one ride?

Most media days they focus on the new ride (or rides) but for Cedar Point's media day they also opened Raptor and Millennium Force for a short time so you never know.

Stared at the WebCam for a while... I do think we are seeing progress being made today!

Now here is a question.... the SoB station was never knocked down... could we be seeing it used for a future project? There is a TON of land behind Banshee now to expand... could this be our Giga Station if we get one in the future? I could see a ride go out the station, up a hill and turn around to run towards Racer and then come back...

lets hope for future expansion!!

I was already doing the charity thing but more Banshee's more Banshee! I'll see about my schedule!

EDIT: Have a chemistry exam at 5:00 that day but I've been told it ends at 2, plenty of time for me to get to school. What are travel accommodations normally like for someone living an hour away since it starts at 4:30?

I think Banshee will be about speed and length more than forces. It is the fastest inverted coaster, so maybe you'll get some wind in your face.

[EDIT]You can see that the workers are now decorating the station. It's been painted to a dark gray.

Also, here's an up close rendering of the station. Credit goes to Tony Ravagnani: http://www.tonyravarch.com/portfolio/Current/banshee/banshee.php banshee-1-web.jpg.1814eef5f8f3de627d51b38b9a200cd8.jpg banshee-1-web.jpg.1814eef5f8f3de627d51b38b9a200cd8.jpg

banshee-2-web.jpg.8fcef355bfdae5c0ccb7987e3f866a6b.jpg

^It's a constant roll like on the wing coasters, not sure how it would provide any snap.

Not ridden any of the wing coasters with inlines so I might be wrong but from POVs they always looked to have some snap entering, though I could be wrong about that.

I really can't wait to see the station and The Bat later, though. I wonder if that station will be the only theming for these two rides they add.

^It's a constant roll like on the wing coasters, not sure how it would provide any snap.

Not ridden any of the wing coasters with inlines so I might be wrong but from POVs they always looked to have some snap entering, though I could be wrong about that.

I really can't wait to see the station and The Bat later, though. I wonder if that station will be the only theming for these two rides they add.

They are supposed to have tomb stones along the track as well, which will be really cool!

I think Banshee will be about speed and length more than forces. It is the fastest inverted coaster, so maybe you'll get some wind in your face.

[EDIT]You can see that the workers are now decorating the station. It's been painted to a dark gray.

Also, here's an up close rendering of the station. Credit goes to Tony Ravagnani:

According to the website they have done Cedar Point's new front entrance, GateKeeper's station, and Diamondback's station. So I'm sure they will do a great job with the look of Banshee's station.

They are supposed to have tomb stones along the track as well, which will be really cool!

The idea is definitely cool, but I think they'll be easily overlooked when riders are hurtling by at 68mph.

Hopefully they utilize the tombstones and the like in the queue and exit though, where guests will be able to appreciate them.