TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It would be awesome if KI bought that style of train for The Bat conversion! But I know that is not going to happen, and besides it would be a little redundant while being next to Banshee and across from Invertigo. But those trains really do look awesome.

I like these trains as well, but there poses a problem:

The clearance is of issue as peoples legs will hang lower, then there is the huge price tag of redesigning the station to fit it, and the trains would have to be shorter by about 4-6 seats because these trains have more space between each set of seats, so capacity would drop. That's what it looks like from what I've gathered.

It would be awesome if KI bought that style of train for The Bat conversion! But I know that is not going to happen, and besides it would be a little redundant while being next to Banshee and across from Invertigo. But those trains really do look awesome.

Is it redundant for a park to have 2 or more wooden coasters?

I don't think its wise for them to get new trains. Why spend money on such when the ride doesn't really have any comfort issues in my opinion. I never experienced any head banging on this ride. Thanks to banshee, the park is able to spruce up the surrounding area and give Flight Deck some sprucing-up, promising paint job, and new theme! I'm happy with that alone.

Ask Knoebels, or Kennywood, or Hersheypark, or Lake Compounce, or Lakemont Park, or...

The list goes on.

The Vampire at Chessington with swinging cars was a ride people got geeked about. Today, it is practically forgotten because without the swinging cars, it isn't much good. Change the restraints if you want; it won't make a big difference because now the ride doesn't really do much of anything.

Good point. I didnt really think about it like that.

Staring at the approach into the loop, won't they have to dig a trench? just doesn't look to me there is enough clearance. Personally I like trenches (ie. Montu). Fill it with a generous dose of fog and add some cool lighting effects, it would be very cool indeed.

According to Screamscape Delerium will get a new paint job for 2014 as well. I think that Black and Dark Purple would be a great color scheme, especially for it to fit in with the "hopeful" new theme for the area.

According to Screamscape Delerium will get a new paint job for 2014 as well. I think that Black and Dark Purple would be a great color scheme, especially for it to fit in with the "hopeful" new theme for the area.

If Delirium does get a paint scheme that fits the Banshee theming, I really like what Kings Island is doing to make Banshee fit better in Action Zone with Delirium and Flight Deck. I've never been to Kings Island, but I've been to Cedar Fair parks with these "Action Zone" areas and they are pretty ugly and rather uninspired. So, it's nice to see that Kings Island is making a dull-looking area look nicer.

Staring at the approach into the loop, won't they have to dig a trench? just doesn't look to me there is enough clearance. Personally I like trenches (ie. Montu). Fill it with a generous dose of fog and add some cool lighting effects, it would be very cool indeed.

It has been mentioned that Don Helbig said that no digging will occur at that section of the ride.

Another note, the official name of the color is "Mystic Red." Kind of settles the debate of if the ride is a shade of red or not.

Finally, a few pictures:

(KI PR Facebook)

(KI PR Instagram)

The zero-g roll has started to go up:

(KI PR Twitter)