TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story. I once bought a book called "Just enough Scandinavian" which was basically a travel language book for Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish. The intro to the book stated "Most people in these co

Don't worry about it seeming rude to not know the language, nobody in Europe thinks that. We have so many different languages here in Europe so nobody can expect everyone to know all of them  I for ex

Europa Park released a official onride pov of Piraten in Batavia:  

Posted Images

That looks like it would be a ton of fun. It's cool to see how small the spinning upgrade 'seems' to be. And, how fluid the turing is while also dealing with all the forces of the rides while it's moving. Can't wait to see this show up on a new ride, or even an old one! 

On 8/5/2020 at 10:47 AM, Toasty82 said:

Europa Park released a official onride pov of Piraten in Batavia:

Interesting that they've put some English dialogue here and there. Very lush sets, too.

Thanks for posting the video.

On 11/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, Nrthwnd said:

Interesting that they've put some English dialogue here and there. Very lush sets, too.

Isn't it, though? We're lucky to speak such a common international language. I'm still apprehensive of traveling overseas, because even though English is so common, I still worry about the language barrier or if it's perceived as rude to not speak the language. I haven't had the balls to make the trek, yet.

^ Don't worry too much, about overseas traveling. The years I spent doing TPR tours overseas (thank you Robb & Elissa!), I found that if you were just polite, learned a few phrases (like "please" and "thank you"?)  it all works out. Also, having a few actual phrases you might use more often ("where is the bathroom?" for example) helps, too.

If you're going to spend a lot of time (and money) on an overseas trip with park tickets, hotels, transport.... learning a bit of the language will go a long way for you. 😀

But rest assured, in all the countries I have been to, there is usually somebody who speaks enough English, to help you out.

P.S. ...... See Below V ...... (She does, she really does!)

15 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Isn't it, though? We're lucky to speak such a common international language. I'm still apprehensive of traveling overseas, because even though English is so common, I still worry about the language barrier or if it's perceived as rude to not speak the language. I haven't had the balls to make the trek, yet.

Don't worry about it seeming rude to not know the language, nobody in Europe thinks that. We have so many different languages here in Europe so nobody can expect everyone to know all of them ;) I for example do not expect anyone speaking Norwegian when they come to Norway, English is fine :) 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Norwegian coasterfan said:

Don't worry about it seeming rude to not know the language, nobody in Europe thinks that. We have so many different languages here in Europe so nobody can expect everyone to know all of them ;) I for example do not expect anyone speaking Norwegian when they come to Norway, English is fine :) 

Funny story. I once bought a book called "Just enough Scandinavian" which was basically a travel language book for Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish. The intro to the book stated "Most people in these countries speak really good English so don't worry about the rest of the book!"

• Haha 3