TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Will be interesting to see how many trains they can put onto the circuit as each train has a quite low capacity with 12 riders. Nice how they re-used the Blue Fire restraint system.

Legoland Billund Dragen reminds me a little of this ride with a darkride section first which is done at a low speed and then the train speeds up for the outdoor section.

Will be interesting to see how many trains they can put onto the circuit as each train has a quite low capacity with 12 riders. Nice how they re-used the Blue Fire restraint system.

Legoland Billund Dragen reminds me a little of this ride with a darkride section first which is done at a low speed and then the train speeds up for the outdoor section.

Because its a powered coaster, there are no blocks to worry about, so they can run many more trains then a normal coaster. Each train has it own on-board breaking system that allows this to work.

^ Hershey park had 4 manufacturers present them proposals for the 2012 coaster project, that Skyrush won. Mack's proposal was a really big inverted ride with inversions and spinning cars built around the observation tower. Hersey was really interested in it, but turned it down because they didn't wanted to be the ones building the prototype (but didn't mind being second).

I actually think a 150 feet-ish Mack inverted ride with inversions (and non spinning trains) would be a perfect choice for Europa Park's next coaster, when the water park is done. Blue Fire is the park's most thrilling ride, and it has been a huge success with millions of riders every season. They have now built Woodan and Arthur since it was built, catering to the family and family-thrill classes, so I think it's time for another thrill coaster next time. Imagine riding a inverted ride with lap bars only that does inversions and is also perfectly smooth!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not only the Arthur ride will be sometheing new at 2013.

Europapark also increases its main antrance with an information center.

It is placed on the left side of the main entrance. A few weeks ago there has been the cash point for parties traveling by bus. This cash point has partially been removed and it seems that the new information center will be a big new building.

P1070347.thumb.JPG.19918652d6e34c94734ea6b03f546685.JPG

Overview of the construction area

P1070348.thumb.JPG.8f75bbfdf9aace2844a1618138bf3086.JPG

the formally cash point

P1070349.thumb.JPG.973cf23fd7cc7739b0bbc1eb5503c563.JPG

the toilet building at the forecourt. Maybe it will be integrated inside the new information center?

P1070350.thumb.JPG.6d9b3555c332b621257831489289d265.JPG

part of the main street. Ground and plants have been removed.

With the 2 times I've (TPR) toured to Europa, I don't think I have even seen the

actual Park Entrance! We always used the Colossus Hotel entrance, on the other side

of the park.

Still, it is nice to see it's getting some Europa non-coaster love.