TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knott's 5/24/08 - Pony Express

Yesterday I had the chance to head over to Knott's and check out their newest coaster addition, Pony Express! I think it is a great family coaster that can be enjoyed by the entire family. The ride experience is very unique. Knott's themed the ride quite well considering their prior theming jobs. The ride is super fun and smooth. I really do think this is a great addition to the park that all families will enjoy. Onto the pics!

The sign of quality

My favorite picture. Thanks for looking!

---Brent

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for a really cool trip report about a very fun looking coaster (especially for families), looks like you had a good day!

My main reason for looking at your thread was that the sub-title was Gidyap! Thats probably the funniest word ever, my horses will love it!

Mayjah!

Again, my only problem with this ride is the 48'' height requirement. There just is such an inconsistency in height requirements mostly in the Cedar Fair chain. The fact that this ride and X have the same height requirement is mind numbing.

Yeah, I do think this ride doesn't need to have a 48 inch height requirement. I mean, Montezuma's Revenge and Ghostrider both have the same height requirement. And both of those are over 40 feet and go over 60 MPH! I think it is kind of worthless to have a ride that goes 38 MPH has the same heigh requirement as a coaster that goes 76! (X)

---Brent

^^ HAHAHA! That's hilarious, silly Knott's.

^ Well, I was supposed to attend the X2 Campout, but my dad couldn't get us there on Friday, so I decided to go report on the other coaster and get my pass renewed.

Thanks for all the comments everybody! Here are two more pics of Xcelerator's headrests and a disgusting part of the Log Ride line that reminds me of the old gum tree on X.

So gross...

---Brent

Having seen a number of pictures of the trains, I hadn't seen the very back of them with the "KBF" in the wrought iron. Nice touch.

I've done X2, so now it's time to giddyup on down to Knott's to ride Pony Express. It does look like fun.

EDIT: I forgot to ask...how long was the wait for this ride?

Eric

^^ HAHAHA! That's hilarious, silly Knott's.

^ Well, I was supposed to attend the X2 Campout, but my dad couldn't get us there on Friday, so I decided to go report on the other coaster and get my pass renewed.

Thanks for all the comments everybody! Here are two more pics of Xcelerator's headrests and a disgusting part of the Log Ride line that reminds me of the old gum tree on X.

So gross...

---Brent

The gum tree on KBF's flume ride reminds me of that "box/grill" or whever it is on the Goldrusher at SFMM. It is quite legendary as a repository of gum. At least it's not a scenic part of the ride being defaced.

Rode it today and we had a great time. My daughter who is 8 years old rode on the front horse with her hands up the whole time. Smooth as can be, nice launch, fun little transition before the tunnel. Yes, the ride is too short. I think if the ride was 1600 ft and not 1300 it would have been better. Don't get me wrong it's a hoot but too short. Good craftsmanship and themes. The ride just looks really good. Plus it had a nice western sound track all through the area. Now for the bad.I'm not happy with Boothill. I'm happy it's still here but the clutch and flywheel motor is too loud. The box they put around it is ugly and the one support in the middle of Boothill kinda stinks. Cover that box with some landscaping and maybe some rock work over that support and that would help. Now, it might not be finished so I have to give them some slack. All in all I would give it a solid grade of B.

We enjoyed the give aways (hat,map,poster,scarf) It was great to see kids running around with cowboy hats. Great job by all who worked on the ride.There is a lot of TLC put into that whole area and your hard work really shows.

I have plans to check this one out next Saturday.

While I admit I am among those who would like to eventually see Knott's get another big coaster (Xcel, Silver Bullet), I think this was a very clever addition (western themed area+coaster with horse theme, it seems like something right out of RCT) and a way to bring life to an area of the park that needed it.

Without prejudging the ride-I don't like to judge something until I have ridden it at least a few times and given it a fair shot-I do wonder why they did not make the ride a bit longer. It really seems to me like a junior version of Xcelerator more than anything else (and I do have to agree that I think the 48" height requirement is a bit silly!)