TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Fiesta Texas (4/18)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, almost looks like a Coaster Dynamix model. I'm gonna head out there soon!

I thought and almost posted the exact same thing. It reminds me a lot of the Coaster Dynamix stuff.

Is Goliath located right in front of the park?

--Jay

Yes, its to the left side as you enter the park, a very nice scene for patrons waiting to enter the park as the first drop is right there in front.

GoliathEntrance.jpg.20a7e8916c693d2060e2bbfedef5533a.jpg

Small Vid-Cap of Goliath From Outside of Park Entrance

I think the movie you referenced is "Gleaming the Cube"... good old skateboarding flick with Christian Slater! lol.

And I remembered that about five minutes after I clicked "Submit." Dammit. Gonna go fix the caption now. I'm making a "Pump up the Volume" reference in my next TR.

Usually when I post pictures, I up the color saturation just a little bit to make them look more vibrant. Goliath rendered that completely unnecessary. That school-bus orange was messing with my camera.

Now that I think about it, and maybe someone has the pictures to back me up, but didn't the early press-release materials for SFOG's Goliath have a similar color scheme? It might have shown it with blue supports and yellow tracks, though. Can't remember.

Poltergeist has been in dire need of new paint for several years...Goliath's bright paint job right next door is really going to emphasize that. Hopefully they'll paint it for next season.

Also...I still hate the name Goliath for this ride. I mean they put it in the Los Festivales section...so why not name it something like Diablo?

It looks great though.

I had always skipped Boomerang at Fiesta Texas because of the long lines and the reputation Boomerangs have among coaster enthusiasts. When I visited Fiesta Texas a few weeks ago I took my first ride on a Boomerang (yes, I've never been on a Boomerang period). I was expecting the worst but was surprised that, even in the back seat, I didn't experience any slamming or head banging etc. It was actually a decent ride, and with no lines would have been easily re-ridable. I was told by Texcoaster that this Boomerang is one of the better ones and that the restraints are of a newer model, perhaps this makes a difference, but IMO the Boomerang at Fiesta Texas doesn't live up to the painful reputation that Boomerangs in general seem to have.

-GG

The Boomerang at Fiesta Texas is the best one I've ever been on. After I rode it I asked "Why can't every Boomerang be this good?" It was surprisingly smooth compared to all the others. Must have been that mid day +100 degree heat wave I was in.

I love the Goliath paint scheme. It came out way better than the altered pic to introduce the ride. The second pic does look like a Coaster Dynamix set. I just wish this coaster was named Shockwave.

perhaps this makes a difference, but IMO the Boomerang at Fiesta Texas doesn't live up to the painful reputation that Boomerangs in general seem to have.

-GG

The Boomerang at Fiesta Texas is the best one I've ever been on ...

Must have been that mid day +100 degree heat wave I was in.

I just wish this coaster was named Shockwave.

It was only 70 degrees when I rode. I still have yet to experience the wrath of , I'm sure I'll get it on a future Boomerang.

If they named Goliath Shockwave then everyone would be complaining that there are two Shockwaves in Texas instead of three Batman clones.

-GG

I think this is a great addition to the park. I also think the color scheme is great. This park has great theming and a great overall feel. Even though it doesn't have as many coasters as some of Six Flags other parks, SFFT is my second favorite Six Flags park behind SFGADV.

Speaking of Poltergeist, does any one else think the spaghetti bowl coasters are pretty lackluster. Poltergeist was my first and the Joker coaster at SFA my second and both were pretty disappointing for me. I got off and thought to myself, "What was the point!"

Goliath's colors sure look bright. It either reminds me of the Pokemon logo, or blond people with blue eyes, one of the two And from the picture in the front of the park, it looks like there's so many supports just to hold up the first loop. It's like there was so much effort to raise the loop higher, must have been something to do with the original landscaping at Japan.

Wow I really like what they did to this ride, the colors and all. Love the new trains and the placement in the park. I bet with 7 trains it's not as intense, especially in the backseat.

But overall a great example of Six Flags making something new out of something old. Awesome photos!