TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I hope there's enough cheese to go along with the amount of wHine in here lately . Holy Crap

I'm just worried when all these "fans" start cutting the cheese! Sometimes you've got to take some pain with the pleasure. If you can't take it don't ride it again. Without riding it yet (hopefully in the next several weeks), I can't wait. As my signature says, I live for the airtime! I know this will be in my top 10 and probably in the top 5.

Hersheypark has sent us another press release regarding Skyrush!

On Saturday, May 26, Hersheypark debuts a new rush for riders – Skyrush. A mega/hyper coaster with winged seating, Skyrush is the Park’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster that towers above at 200 feet, soars with speeds in excess of 75 mph and careens along 3,600 feet of twisting and turning steel track.

Skyrush is designed for riders who want to experience the sensation of flying. The coaster features one-of-a-kind inner/outer seating with two platform, floored seats flanked on each side by a floorless, winged outer seat. The winged seating offers a staggering 270-degree panoramic viewing perspective with an innovative “freedom-style” restraint system.

Built by world-renowned coaster manufacturer Intamin, Skyrush transports riders through five zero-G airtime hills in a transition from positive to negative gravity while crossing over the entire length of Comet, the oldest roller coaster in Hersheypark.

The train begins its skyward climb – at 26 feet per second – before it even leaves the station. Upon cresting the track’s peak, the train races down an 85-degree descent and sends riders rushing into the first of four high-speed, high-banked turns as it interacts with coaster favorites Comet, sooperdooperLooper and Great Bear.

Skyrush brings the Park’s arsenal of coasters to an even dozen, providing numerous thrills for all coaster lovers.

If your Hersheypark rush is not a coaster, plunge into nine unique water attractions at The Boardwalk at Hersheypark. Step into East Coast Waterworks with more than 54,000 galloons of wet invigorating fun and enjoy nearly 600 interactive water toys. For a leisurely ride, relax and climb onto a raft through Intercoastal Waterway as the lapping currents sway along the scenic route.

Need a music rush? Hersheypark has that, too. “TAP- The Show,” an explosive showcase of tap artistry or “Wild Country,” a boot-stompin’ good time, are two of the fifteen acts rockin’ and rollin’ at the Park.

Whether it’s a high-energy rush, revitalizing rush, or the rush from seeing a child take their very first spin on a ride, Hersheypark has it all.

For more information or to take a virtual ride on Skyrush, please visit www.Hersheypark.com.

I honestly cannot believe the amount of idiotic complaining in this thread. Again, this absolutely makes me believe that rides like SkyRush do not belong in this country. What happened to America??!!? I thought this was supposed to be a country full of strong leaders, not a bunch of pussies!

Seriously, I really hope a Mega-Lite never gets built here. Apparently, the USA needs more cookie-cutter, predictable, boring B&Ms, and let Europe and Asia have all the really intense, cutting edge Intamin rides.

They belong there.

--Robb

While those restraints are the best ever made for steel rollercoasters, they wouldn't work on this ride. I really think it would be chucking back seat riders in that case.

As you are talking about the B & M clamshells...nope I honestly think that Mack takes the cake with those on their lauchers !

Anyway...a coaster with ultra-strong negative g`s needs MUCH better lap bars that other coasters...and Intamin should know and care about that...

BUT (!) thank god they are there to build those rides that make "perfect" shaped and/or padded lap bars necessary

Go Intamin, goooo...

I honestly cannot believe the amount of idiotic complaining in this thread. Again, this absolutely makes me believe that rides like SkyRush do not belong in this country. What happened to America??!!? I thought this was supposed to be a country full of strong leaders, not a bunch of pussies!

Seriously, I really hope a Mega-Lite never gets built here. Apparently, the USA needs more cookie-cutter, predictable, boring B&Ms, and let Europe and Asia have all the really intense, cutting edge Intamin rides.

They belong there.

--Robb

I share your pain.

My faith in America has been shaken ever since I stumbled upon this thread and saw all the whining about my beloved Hershey Park Wildcat. It's an amazing engineering feat of a ride...a wild, out of control woodie that harkens back to classics we'll never see again like the CI Tornado or the PLayland Aeroplane...and pussy after pussy keeps saying it's "too rough" and "turns innards into mush."

What would the greatest of all Americans - the greatest generation, our WWII vets - think about such unbridled girly-ism?

We don't deserve them, the greatest amongst us in our history, and surely, we don't deserve the Wildcat.

Ben Franklin weeps.

^I would say they're about 5-5 1/2 hours apart depending on traffic. You have to go through northern VA no matter which route you take, and that can be a disaster if you're unlucky.

This man is correct. I don't know the trip is planned, but if it's anywhere near rush hour you'll run into an hour minimum of traffic, and it can get much worse than that. Probably better off spending the day at Busch and Kings Dominion, and heading toward PA later at night.

^How is the statement that Wildcat is rough and "innard mushing" any different from your opinion of Skyrush? I happen to be one of those people who avoid Wildcat at all costs. It has gotten to the point where it ruins my visits to the park. But that's my opinion. Your's may be different. By the way congrats on calling the owner of this website a pussy because he doesn't agree with your love of Wildcat. (Hope you can feel the sarcasm there). If I read correctly, Robb was the one who asked is Wildcat still turns innard to mush...

The majority of the restraints on Intamin rides tend to click down under conditions of high positive g-force, that really isn't new. Granted, going into the ride knowing that its negatives are on par with El Toro, I really doubt you should expect it to be kind to your legs. Probably the most insane moments of airtime I have felt are on the hop prior to the MCBR on NTAG and the second drop on the S&S Double Shot. The negatives are not even sustained for very long, and theoretically should not be sustained for long, so just be prepared to experience that pull out of your seat.

Keep in mind that the restraints are prototypes and completely new; if Intamin plans to reuse them, they will more than likely refine the design. It's really not that big of a deal to fuss over.

I can see it now....people will be afraid to ride the awesome coasters like Skyrush & Wildcat, then Trailblazer will be the premier coaster at HP with an 1hr + wait. Nice and tame!

We have become a soft, soft people.

I ran into one TPR member in line for Skyrush who had ridden a megalite previously, but didn't see him afterwards to ask how they compare.

Can anyone who has ridden both Skyrush and a megalite comment on how the pain levels compare? Especially after several rides on each?

This sentence sums up this debate...

It's really not that big of a deal to fuss over.

And this post...

Yay!

I like to stick my noodles in fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and play with my ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings!

TPR rules!

Just got done riding it 6 times today. Tried many different seats. It's not as painful as everyone is making it out ot be. It's a great ride. My bigger complaint would be the load/unload situation. 2-5 minutes to dispatch a train is not really acceptable. The bins a re a good idea, but with the GP it becomes more of a hassle and adds to the dispatch time.

One more observation. I have sensitive hearing, was it me or is that station EXTREMLY loud? It seems like all the noise in there is amplified.

My backpack wouldn't even fit in the rotating bin so the operator told me to set it down next to it. The guy I rode next to also had a backpack that didn't fit either. I could have curled my pack up into a ball because all it had was clothing in it (for the Boardwalk), but it made more sense to just set it down.