TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^ Honestly, I'd suggest not riding SkyRush at all. I mean, who wants airtime on a roller coaster to begin with, and anything that has LOTS of airtime, OMG, skip it! I think you're better off marathoning Trailblazer most of the day!

Honestly, I really like the I305 soft should restraints, and would have loved to see them on SkyRush. With that said, I was definitely unprepared for the intensity of SkyRush on my first ride. After riding it once, I was totally able to ride it defensively and didn't experience any discomfort.

I'm just happy that a US park still has the balls to build such an intense ride, even if the restraints aren't perfect. I'd take SkyRush's airtime with slightly uncomfortable restraints over any B&M's airtime/comfortable restraints any day!

Are people REALLY complaining that there is too much airtime?

Seriously, people, if too much airtime is really upsetting you, please, please, PLEASE find a new hobby!

--Robb "Like take up knitting or birdwatching or something..." Alvey

More so the restraints than the airtime. I don't think anyone is complaining about airtime.

Really? Give me an effing break. You people complain about OTSRs, you complain about lap bars, you complain about seat belts. Here's an idea - STFU and be happy you got a really kick A$$ roller coaster!

Or, hey! Maybe you'd rather them add more trims! That's a GREAT IDEA!

HERSHEYPARK!!! I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS FORUM!!! PLEASE APPEASE THE COMPLAINING IDIOTS AND ADD MORE TRIMS TO SKYRUSH BECAUSE THERE PEOPLE WHO ARE BIG PUSSIES AND CAN'T HANDLE AIRTIME!!! MORE TRIMS PLEASE!!! MORE TRIMS!!!!

--Robb "Seriously, stop posting to TPR if you're going to complain about idiotic things." Alvey

I don't know if that was directed at me but I was not personally complaining about the restraints. I was just pointing out that some of the GP were and that it wasn't enjoyable as a result. Painful restraints be it a lap bar or over the shoulder restraint is a legit complaint imo if it prevents someone from enjoying a ride. If enough complain they might do something about it which is why I asked about the general reaction to the ride. Im worried they would take the easy way out and add more trims too. Me Id take a bit of thigh pain over trims any day. If they can improve the comfort of the restraints (without changing them to over the shoulder) like they did with I305 then thats even better.

Edited by JayB18

Honestly, I really like the I305 soft should restraints, and would have loved to see them on SkyRush. With that said, I was definitely unprepared for the intensity of SkyRush on my first ride. After riding it once, I was totally able to ride it defensively and didn't experience any discomfort.

I'm just happy that a US park still has the balls to build such an intense ride, even if the restraints aren't perfect. I'd take SkyRush's airtime with slightly uncomfortable restraints over any B&M's airtime/comfortable restraints any day!

And this is pretty much exactly the reason why you see a lot fewer Intamin's in the US. People keep wanting a Mega-Lite in the USA, and I guarantee you the moment one opens, you'll have stupid Americans bitching about it.

Keep 'em in Europe and Asia where they belong. Just like the Zac Spin. That ride doesn't belong in America.

--Robb "Americans want boring B&M with floater airtime... They can't handle anything extreme." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Id take the more freedom of the lap bars over soft straps any day.

And this is pretty much exactly the reason why you see a lot fewer Intamin's in the US. People keep wanting a Mega-Lite in the USA, and I guarantee you the moment one opens, you'll have stupid Americans bitching about it.

Keep 'em in Europe and Asia where they belong. Just like the Zac Spin. That ride doesn't belong in America.

--Robb "Americans want boring B&M with floater airtime... They can't handle anything extreme." Alvey

I wonder how many of the GP who are complaining have never ridden something with strong sustained intamin ejector before like El Toro or Bizarro. They may be over exaggerating and simply not prepared for the ride.

After being on the site for almost 3 years, I've learned that it doesn't matter what kind of ride it is, Americans will complain about it. I'm not one of those people who nitpick every little thing and turn it into an "end of the world" thing. When I305 was being built, I skipped over every complaining comment in the KD thread. I was just happy a ride like that was even being built. Complaining is inevitable in this country, and it doesn't just happen about roller coasters.

I just hope I can get to Hershey and ride Skyrush before it's neutered I'm sure if the coaster manufacturers came up with an invisible restraints enthusiast would still complain about being uncomfortable b/c they couldn't see them

Edited by Gigalyte

The lapbars tighten down during the ride like every other modern Intamin. The only time it became uncomfortable for me was at the end when we were waiting on a four minute dispatch while the circulation was slowly stopping below my thighs. During the ride I honestly didn't notice them that much. But it's just like I say to people who complain about Magnum, airtime that hurts your thighs is a GOOD thing!

Yeah, Magnum literally beat the shit out of me. I had my innards so beaten by that awful ride that I actually had to take a dump right after riding it!

--Robb "It actually DID beat the crap out of me!!!" Alvey

Man, I can't believe the lightweight coaster riders posting in this forum. I agree with the moderator Robb. Get a new hobby!

I rode it 8 times this weekend. I'm not a big strong person, but NO sore thighs, and the air didn't hurt at ALL!!!! I do think I left a wetspot on the seats, though.

So, the more airtime a ride produces, the better shaped the lap bars have to be so it won`t hurt, right ???

What I would like to know is...do you guys who already rode Skyrush think that with a better shaped lap bar or better padding Skyrush would be significantly more comfortable ???

If yes, then there`s a HUGE difference between complaining about strong negative g`s... or just too "unergonomic" lap bars !

The lap bars possibly could have been more ergonomic, but I also think they will soften up a bit over time. I'm sure once Hershey gets their dispatch times better, this will be much less of an issue. I'd also like to point out that Skyrush has been operating well with no real problems for those Intamin nay sayers.

Honestly, one little complaint doesn't change my opinion on Skyrush. It's an utterly fantastic ride that every coaster enthusiast should ride before they die! The next time I am at the park, I'm going to ride it as many times as I can. It's just that good.

I'd also like to point out that Skyrush has been operating well with no real problems for those Intamin nay sayers.

Thank-you for pointing that out.

...After reading the early reviews, it sounds like another great Intamin!!!

^ Honestly, I'd suggest not riding SkyRush at all. I mean, who wants airtime on a roller coaster to begin with, and anything that has LOTS of airtime, OMG, skip it! I think you're better off marathoning Trailblazer most of the day!

Trailblazer? Too intense. I think I'm going to stick with the Xtreme Cup Challenge all day, and if I'm feeling courageous I might take a spin on the Chocolate World tour.

So, the more airtime a ride produces, the better shaped the lap bars have to be so it won`t hurt, right ???

What I would like to know is...do you guys who already rode Skyrush think that with a better shaped lap bar or better padding Skyrush would be significantly more comfortable ???

If yes, then there`s a HUGE difference between complaining about strong negative g`s... or just too "unergonomic" lap bars !

For me, the problem was the shape/hardness of the lapbar 100%, not the airtime. It sits on your thighs differently than the restraints on i305, El Toro, and SFNE's Bizarro (all of which I've marathoned without pain).

Edited by ahecht