TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

They can make an older-style drop tower if they want, you know. Or it could be an S&S. Not all drop towers are gyro drops.

And there's always Pitfall...

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if they transform Kissing Tower into a drop tower. Revitalize that little corner a bit - I never see people over there, really. And it was in the pictures of the newest clue...and was the ride of choice for the picture assignment.

I know that, but all the existing "mega-lite" are a common model, which does not fit the location of the HP 2012 attraction. Lot of times in this thread it has been speculated that this ride could be a Mega-lite, yet the layout will not be the same as existing installations of that type of ride (especially now that HP has released a silhouette of the layout), and HP had applied for a ride of 212 feet. None of this really relates to the mega-lite product.

Just because it's a Maegalite does not mean it will have the same layout as the others, it could be anything the park wants. Intamin offers a "standard" layout for parks that just want to buy a Megalite but they are also very good a customizing a coaster's layout to what the customer wants. The ride you mentioned and at least two others I've seen are the exact same layout, so those parks just got the "standard" model. If this is a Megalite, it could be one totally customized for Hershey.

Just because it's a Maegalite does not mean it will have the same layout as the others, it could be anything the park wants. Intamin offers a "standard" layout for parks that just want to buy a Megalite but they are also very good a customizing a coaster's layout to what the customer wants. The ride you mentioned and at least two others I've seen are the exact same layout, so those parks just got the "standard" model. If this is a Megalite, it could be one totally customized for Hershey.

If it has a different layout and height, what makes it a Mega-Lite Coaster and not just a Mega Coaster? Intamin calls their 150-220ft "traditional" coasters Mega Coasters, while the Mega-Lite coasters are a much shorter 100ft.

If Hersheypark builds a 212ft non-inverting non-launched Intamin ride, assuming it's not anything weird like a Wing Rider/Motor Bike/Aquatrax, it would fall under the Mega Coaster category in their catalog. There's nothing "Lite" about 212 ft.

I've created my own hybrid term for these coasters: A cable lift and over 200ft? Sounds like a Hyper-Lite to me. It's a better term, it says what it is, and it's going to kick some serious ass next May. Who needs a term when it's going to be F'ing awesome????

Don't you mean Giga-Lite? (Hyper is an Arrow term, not an Intamin term).

I tend to not use the manufacturers' in terms of height: The way I break it down is like this:

Mega: 0-199 feet

Hyper: 200-299 feet

Giga: 300-399 feet

Tera: 400-499 feet

Penta: 500+ feet

Thus where I came up with the 'hybrid' name: Hyper-Lite: It's over 200ft, it's got the cable-lift system.

Just my 'guess' on the ride's class- nothing official.

Don't you mean Giga-Lite? (Hyper is an Arrow term, not an Intamin term).

I tend to not use the manufacturers' in terms of height: The way I break it down is like this:

Mega: 0-199 feet

Hyper: 200-299 feet

Giga: 300-399 feet

Tera: 400-499 feet

Penta: 500+ feet

Thus where I came up with the 'hybrid' name: Hyper-Lite: It's over 200ft, it's got the cable-lift system.

Just my 'guess' on the ride's class- nothing official.

^^^So a kiddie coaster that's 20 feet high can be considered a Mega Coaster?!

it's going to kick some serious A$$ next May. Who needs a term when it's going to be F'ing awesome????

For the last few pages, you seem to let on that you already know exactly what is coming?? Care to spill some beans????

ewwwwwwww... I hate beans. Ick.

(And no, I know as much as anyone else does... to a degree.)

Beans are good for you, what degree more than anyone else is you knowledge base, and are you going to ECB? Looking forward to hopefully low crowds to mini marathon sdL again.

In another thread, someone was looking for pics of the old Coal Shaker ride, can anyone help out. I would like to see some too as I remember riding it as a kid, but that was many years ago.

Once again - confirming what we already know.

Suddenly, I'm caring less and less about August 2 as we get more and more information about the ride.