TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

coolcalicoaster wrote:

Great pictures Robb. You certainly know how to weasel your way in parks for some behind the seens looks. You got a talent kid! Keep up the good work.

I thought "weasel" was a bad word choice too. I kind of figured it was meant as a compliment after checking out your other posts.

Where I come from, weasel is an insult, pure and simple. Understand what coocalicoaster meant, but it's a still bad choice of words, especially towards Robb and what all he and his family do here. Noone's PO'ed, or upset, but I think some of us are saying casually and helpfully "be careful what you say and how you say it". That's all.

Is the jury still out on a pretzel stand next to the Manta? I'd like that...

I haven't been able to catch up on the forums lately because of how busy I have been. I normally wouldn't respond to this kind talk but for the sake of letting Robb know my intentions I will briefly respond. Sorry to revert back to this crap.

I used the term 'weasel' because no matter how good the pictures are that people send in, Robb always manages to get behind the scenes and get the best and most unique views of the ride. I mean i have seen pics of him walking down the tracks of a coaster! I was using 'weasel' as a verb not a noun. I have great admiration for all that he has accomplished and my frequent stops at this site proves so. He and Elissa seem to make a great team at bringing us all this fun and information. I look forward to all of the trip reports, photos, and videos. I thank them for it:)

As for the coaster, it is looking awesome and I cannot wait to see the que line. However, I can help but wonder why it wasn't made a little longer? Looking at the overview pics it seems that there is plenty of room. It seems like a good ride that could have been a true great in the coaster world.

To get this back on track, I just saw on the news here in Orlando that SeaWorld plans on revealing Manta's trains today. I could have misheard what was said, but I'm fairly certain that's what was said.

Perhaps I'll head out to the park later and check it out.

Channel 9 Orlando just showed a brief glimpse at the trains on their 5pm news. They're a very deep purple with white accents. Look like standard flyer trains, but with upward curved wings on the outsides of each row. The front of the train has a Zero-Car, as well.

6pm news will be showing them on a different channel, so I'll try to get a picture with my phone when it comes on.

Heard again today.....Sunday is the magic day if all goes according to plan. The site is looking nice. As of this morning, the water fall structure has the rock work topping off now all around it. The station has received more coats of paint, both in a red and yellow color. The lagoon was receiving a liner this morning from the waterfall area, all around the grove of pine trees and all the way back to the brake run it appeared. Coming together VERY VERY quickly now.....

The trains look great. I love the color and the zero car up front shaped like a manta ray. According to the Orlando Sentinel, testing will begin after 3PM sometime next week, maybe Sunday like delirium_guy said.

I hope I can catch a glimpse of the coaster in action sometime next week.

That zero car is a great touch to the Manta trains. Even though they look nice as they are, it'd be nice if Tatsu's trains would have had something like this, only a big dragon or something similar on them.

Eric

Heard again today.....Sunday is the magic day if all goes according to plan. The site is looking nice. As of this morning, the water fall structure has the rock work topping off now all around it. The station has received more coats of paint, both in a red and yellow color. The lagoon was receiving a liner this morning from the waterfall area, all around the grove of pine trees and all the way back to the brake run it appeared. Coming together VERY VERY quickly now.....

Sunday is the big day for the pull through? Did sentinel have any other pictures of the work site, its been awhile since anyone has posted pictures?

Looks great though, I have to say that I think those trains have to be some of the better looking ones made. The zero car looks fantastic and all the little rays add a great feel! Sea World has done excellently with this coaster!

^^ It's mainly Intamin that do a pull through, and they do it to check the clearances of the wheels and other mechanical aspects, and not really the "reach" so that nothing will hit the riders.

B&M usually just start testing the ride.

I have to say that those trains looks really slick.