TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Just a quick little update of Manta from today. It looks like more supports for the pretzel loop has been installed as well as track for the bottom half of it

On a side note, one of the ticket counter is walled off. SeaWorld seems to be upgrading from a board with prices to an electronic version with videos showing off their attractions as well as prices.

IMG_2767.JPG.a0e2bcea0821248d7536de9b58ccd5fc.JPG

New electronic ticket board and televisions at the ticket counters.

IMG_2746.JPG.22b010aaf3fc70d9122e67b174b2f4aa.JPG

View once you enter the park.

IMG_2747.JPG.4cbfa915bbf336508e1e15b069b2c50d.JPG

Lift with maintenance building.

IMG_2760.JPG.0f292ed29047ee700dc82131a0caaf5b.JPG

More station work being done.

IMG_2759.JPG.1f9a7046a9ed89372551db8c7f785bce.JPG

The start of the pretzel loop as well as a piece of the bottom half.

IMG_2764.JPG.28aa1952fd0190a90d64ad1727820a12.JPG

The bottom of the pretzel loop installed.

I don't know why a ride that is nowhere near completion is catching so much critisizm.

As for the brake zone before the dip and the in-line twist:

I'm not sure if if the brake section behind the transfer block is completed yet, but we all know that B&M splits their main brake into two sections:A safety brake and a service brake. This mid-course brake to me appears to be the safety brake of the main brake. If this is indeed the safety brake, it wouldn't speed up dispatch intervals, as the service brake (2nd set of brakes) would have to be clear in order for the next train to drop off the lift. I think it was set up this way to conserve space and keep the brake run from taking up too much space.

I'm excitied to see this coaster will have an "on your back" section like Air (worst coaster name ever?) does. That's something no US flyer has done yet.

Um, what? Are we looking at the same layout?

I don't see any part of this ride that you spend time on your back, except for the inversions...and there's already multiple inline twists, pretzel loops, and a wingover on flyers in the U.S.

Anyways...anyone else realize this?

Gliding, swooping and diving up to nearly 60 mph, through four inversions on 3,359 feet of track

Four inversions...? I only count three - the pretzel loop, inline twist, and wingover. Where's the fourth...? Surely they don't count the pretzel loop as two...

Gliding, swooping and diving up to nearly 60 mph, through four inversions on 3,359 feet of track

Four inversions...? I only count three - the pretzel loop, inline twist, and wingover. Where's the fourth...? Surely they don't count the pretzel loop as two...

Thats what I thought as well. I remember reading four inversions and after seeing the layout, I was confused. My best guess is that their is an unnamed inversion somewhere. My guess would be the area after the pretzel loop.

Yeah, that's extremely true Sam. (Yes, this is Mike by the way)

Busch does wonders with coasters when they have limited space. I mean, look at SheiKra? They made the most thrilling ride they could with the small footprint of space they had right there, and I thought it turned out great.

Sure it's not "Holy crap that was epic!" status to most of us, but to the GP, which is really what matters to the park in the grand scheme of things, SheiKra is amazing.

That's what I'm thinking Manta is going to be. I mean, how long are the lines to Superman: Ultimate Flight during the summer? Upwards of 2hrs. This is going to be bigger than those, the first Flyer in Florida, and a uniquely themed experience. The GP will drool over this when it comes out.

But to me it looks like it's going to be an overall fun ride, which is all that matters in my book.

I'm scared to ask because I'm not a roller coaster "nerd", what is a pretzel loop anyway? I've been a member for a while but, never paid alot attention till I stated to drive down in tourist country with the tourists so, now I wanna learn.

http://rcdb.com/ig3305.htm?picture=67

Its an element unique to flyers where you approach from above, then loop head over heels towards the ground until you are on your back, and then up again, leaving the way you came. It often looks like a pretzel on the side

Alternately, think of a loop on a traditional looper, except flipped upside down. They're lots of fun

I can't believe all the complaining about this ride! I mean, at least it's not wood, has a theme that makes no sense, is really short, and has an onboard audio system like some other unnamed new for 2009 coaster!

Come on guys, this is a Busch Park, they're not going to design some top 10 ride anymore. They don't want to push the envelope with forces like they did with Kumba and Montu and despite the 54'' height restriction they do want to attract the 'family type' of rider.

I am still SHOCKED that they put this into Sea World Orlando instead of a more family type water attraction or ANYTHING else! Be happy you're getting a credit!