TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

So @ 6:30 this morning our local news (in Philly mind you) had a tiny report of how Carowinds lost power last night/yesterday. I had just woken up and was half asleep but the missus had been up and was watching when I noticed a shot of a Windseeker stuck halfway up on the screen and I immediately woke up and asked her to rewind/turn it up. They mentioned 3 coasters had to be evacuated and that people were stuck on Windseeker for 2 hours. It made me LOL because of how often it seems these rides get stuck (I get that it was because of a power outage, not the ride malfunctioning).

I checked to see if it was mentioned here since I don't post in this thread often - I didn't look too far back but was surprised that if it was on my local news someone else hadn't posted about it (since it was probably deemed "newsworthy" elsewhere). Anyways, I just thought it was funny that they seemed to focus on the Windseeker during the piece since they have such a terrible rep around here for being such pieces of crap. Full disclosure: I've only ridden one once at CP last year and luckily did not get stuck LOL but was very underwhelmed (other than the spectacular view) compared to the Star Flyers I've ridden.

^ Whenever I'm at parks with GP friends they all go crazy over Windseekers or Starflyers. Evidently they think it'd be far scarier than any of the coasters which is kinda funny. Getting stuck on one for 2 hours would suck, though.

Somehow I missed that they're (still) assigning seats on Fury. Forgive me for not searching back more than 2 pages to check, but do they allow you to politely ask to wait in order to be seated in a certain row like on Skyrush? Or is there no discussion and you're assigned a random row and that's that? Glad to hear Fridays are pretty empty as we'll be hitting Carowinds up for the first time Friday 7/29.

Speaking of crowds, a buddy and I will be going to Carowinds next Wednesday evening and a full day on Thursday. What should I expect the crowds to be like? I think we're going all on on FP+ for Thursday, especially considering this is his one and only theme park trip all year.

^ Whenever I'm at parks with GP friends they all go crazy over Windseekers or Starflyers. Evidently they think it'd be far scarier than any of the coasters which is kinda funny. Getting stuck on one for 2 hours would suck, though.

Somehow I missed that they're (still) assigning seats on Fury. Forgive me for not searching back more than 2 pages to check, but do they allow you to politely ask to wait in order to be seated in a certain row like on Skyrush? Or is there no discussion and you're assigned a random row and that's that? Glad to hear Fridays are pretty empty as we'll be hitting Carowinds up for the first time Friday 7/29.

I'm working on a TR, but the short answer is that I was given a polite "no" just last week, citing efficiency and policy. The most flexible policy that I was able to get was "go to any open row" on Intimidator, but Afterburn & Fury were non-negotiable assignments.

In my own experience, I've never politely said "hey, would you mind if I grabbed the front row?" And had them turn me down

^^ +1. I always try to be extremely polite when I ask for a seat preference. Sometimes we're told to wait a cycle or so, but it's never been a problem. Sucks you got turned down, Sam.

Spend the money you were going to spend on that on beer or something. Lol

What would make you think I would be interested in spending my money on something like beer?......

^^ +1. I always try to be extremely polite when I ask for a seat preference. Sometimes we're told to wait a cycle or so, but it's never been a problem. Sucks you got turned down, Sam.

Spend the money you were going to spend on that on beer or something. Lol

What would make you think I would be interested in spending my money on something like beer?......

It really depends on the attendant working at the time. All the coaster generally no longer have preferred seating especially on heavy days. With Fury in order to sit wherever you want it have to literally be a walk on type day. On heavier days most time they will say policy is there are no preferred seating. Some are rude and just tell you no then what lane to go to even if you want say the last row(8) but the put you in the row ahead (7) they will still say no lane 7 please and thank you. The sea from front to back so it sucks if your the type to get right back in line as you may end up in the same row or a row ahead or one back vs a to talk different part of the train.

Thanks for the suggestions to not order a FP+ ahead of time. Holding out really paid off, since the crowds were very light. Fury might be the best ride I've ever ridden in my entire life. It really is as good as everyone says. Trip report to follow within the next week.

Fury might be the best ride I've ever ridden in my entire life. It really is as good as everyone says.

Fury IS life!!!

giphy.gif

Glad you enjoyed it, and weren't a victim of anticipointment! Looking forward to that TR whenever you get around to it!