TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Any word on a possible height requirement change for this??? If these are closer to "Flyer restraints" and they certainly look like they are, will they still support somebody who is 48", which is the normal height requirement for a boomerang.

I think Boomerangs are good in concept, I've only ridden two that are even close to bearable (Sidewinder and the one at SFFT). If they can make them not hurt, I'm all for the new restraints. Hell, throw them on the Arrow multi-loopers like Viper while they are at it.

Roller, you'll never be replaced. Thats a life long title for you. lol j/k I prefer Carowinds drama queen. Thats fits me alot better.

Carowinds misses you Chris.

Dani said that testing should start the first of March. I don't even think the trains are on track yet.

And I miss Carowinds too, I will be back again in alittle over 900 days unless management says otherwise. I look foreward to meeting Dani in person, and possibly working with her in the future to make something like KDFansite has going on. But until then, I am playing with trains while on "vacation". As for the height on Cobra, I am pretty sure it will be 48". However, I am more interested in what the 2010 attraction's height(of ride and to ride) will be. Also, KI confirmed that Action Theater will not operate until Halloween Haunt this year or at all. Anyone heard about ours? It is still listed on Carowinds.com, but I am hoping 08 was it's last season.

~Roller"From the outside looking in(from 76 miles north)"Nut

Even though they have taken out two water rides in two years that will not add a lot more lines to the rapids. The reason I say this is because they have the waterpark now. I mean a lot of families go to to the waterpark and have fun. I know when my family used to take us we would go to waterpark for half the day then go ride some rides. Then we would stay in a hotel bc we would buy cheaper tickets for next day and come back and ride all day. I have a feeling it will be a hyper and I cant wait to ride Carolina Cobra it will be my first boomerang beside Deja Vu at SFOG.

Yes, it is supposed to get significantly warmer within the next few days here so I would guess testing will begin soon.

I know its early but I hope the front of the train gets a nice decal treatment. As of right now it looks somewhat bare.

This is still just a relocated boomerang with new trains, right?

Some people, who will remain nameless, seems to not get that and are carrying on about it like its the next era of roller coasters...

Jarvis "but hey, im the fanboy right..." Morant

• 2 weeks later...
The 2009 Park Map for Carowinds is now available online. And good news, it's staying Paramount Style like KI's 09' map!

I'm not surprised. Having a completely new map drawn to be consistent with the CF maps would cost a buttload-- it's smarter to stick with making changes to the existing map.

The new restraints on the trains definately look interesting. I'm wondering if maybe there's still a chance for headbanging on that huge spread out grab bar there, i don't know. Hopefully it'll provide a smoother more enjoyable ride for a boomerang. Can't wait to try it out this summer!

Am I the only person who is not desperately looking forward to this ride(not that I live anywhere near Carrowinds) but I just don;t find the layout that fun. There's no air and it's not like a speed monster, if it was a better layout as opposed to a clone without the headbanging, then it would be awesome.