TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Will the world end in 2012???

DBru

Shut up all! Obviusly, the world will end when B&M build the highest coaster in the world with no trims and with lap-bars, and of course, with help of Zamperla, Zierer, Intamin, Vekoma, Mack and Pinfari; and crossing the Atlantic Sea, finishing with a lap-bars open launching the passengers to a bed that will be launched to the sky to fall in the Black Sea, where it's going to jump again to muy house. Did I say that I want a bed?, because it's true (not really xD).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought - the Mayans didn't have leap years in their calendar, right? So, if we were following the Mayans, we would have all been dead a while ago - most likely sometime in the summer of 2011, as there have been just over 500 leap years so far.

^Unfortunately, the predicted date does have leap years in mind. I think it has more to do with mathematical calculations than an actual quotation of the precise date. Here's an interesting (albeit complicated) article on both why leap years make no difference AND to why the end of the Mayan calendar is not the end of the world.

Link

• 2 months later...
The world will end when Kentucky Kingdom reopens (yeah I went there)

Just realized I will be on an airplane on 12/21...oh no

It will be just like the movie 2012, your plane will fly between a building or two and under a train.

Then fly to Yellowstone, outrun a volcanic eruption, fly to Vegas, get on a bigger plane, then fly to HI, and somehow land at the secret government spaceship.

• 2 weeks later...

my question is when does the world end when the first time zone clicks over or is it when the USA click over. just wondering because in Australia where i live i will most likely be making big macs. I DON'T WANT TO DIE MAKING BIG MACS i don't believe this stuff

my question is when does the world end when the first time zone clicks over or is it when the USA click over. just wondering because in Australia where i live i will most likely be making big macs. I DON'T WANT TO DIE MAKING BIG MACS i don't believe this stuff

Why would it be the us, none of the "great" predictors were from the us. I just bought a calendar, it goes to December of 2013, therefore the world will end next December.

Edited by Moose

The Mayans never thought about Leap Years.

The Mayans didn't need to account for leap years, since their calendar is based on solstices. In no way do I think the world is ending in December, but Dec 21 is simply the winter solstice.

Now, we all know it the world won't end in 2012, but at least it inspired a movie with really good special effects.

As to the topic's question --- Not if I can help it!

Too much world-travelling to do, lol.

Then, you'll see Mt. Prometheus spew out actual lava!

I'm just waiting for the zombie apocalypse to come, all I need now is a team to help me fight against the zombies who's in, Guy T. Koepp you in.

We are always being told to shoot them in the head, but no one listens. Too many bullets used to try and kill one. Movie magic?

Scientists think that the Earth's poles will shift.

Scientists? Or speculators just throwing theories around? Polar reversal is possible and has happened in the past, but it's a process that occurs through the course of several thousand years. But just in case something does happen, I've got John Cusack on speed dial.