TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Like I understand a coaster part from Germany getting stuck in customs and not making it in time. That's unpredictable and happens.

Wait, what's the story with this? I mean, generally only things get caught up in customs, when dealing with international freight, are things that are regulated like USDA and FDA items. Generally finished steel items have no issue being customs cleared.

Sorry, part of that was my speculation.

The news said one of the coasters is waiting on a part from Germany.

I translated that to "stuck in customs" based on my own experience on a project where bicycle imported from Germany got held up for MONTHS by customs.

Yeah $79.99 puts this park at more expensive then any non-Disney/Universal theme park in North America.

I know there was a lot of discussion about NYC/Trí-State area being a blessing and a curse: people would be willing to drive this far and try all of American Dreams once but also keeping Nick Uni. from become holding pin from NJ/NYC unsupervised teens while the family shops and runs errands all day. $79.99 will definitely keep the latter out (see riff-raff) but will probably deter that former as well (all those destination customers).

If I’m traveling from a far hours to the mall there’s a lot more things I’d rather do for a child with $80 bucks than drop them off at the theme park. Feed, clothe, and purchase toys/books for them to name a few.

[quote name="vertigomike"

Yeah $79.99 puts this park at more expensive then any non-Disney/Universal theme park in North America.

I know there was a lot of discussion about NYC/Trí-State area being a blessing and a curse: people would be willing to drive this far and try all of American Dreams once but also keeping Nick Uni. from become holding pin from NJ/NYC unsupervised teens while the family shops and runs errands all day. $79.99 will definitely keep the latter out (see riff-raff) but will probably deter that former as well (all those destination customers).

If I’m traveling from a far hours to the mall there’s a lot more things I’d rather do for a child with $80 bucks than drop them off at the theme park. Feed' date=' clothe, and purchase toys/books for them to name a few.[/quote]

On the flip side, $80 for 6 hours of baby sitting is a deal in the NYC area.

The current All Access rate is just under $50, and $40 for General Access. But those prices will increase on November 15.

All Access will be about $80.

Should be noted that that $79.99 price for the All Access Full day ticket is only for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through December. Monday through Thursday in that time period are listed at $59.99 for the All Access Full Day ticket ($49.99 for the General Access Mon through Thur). For comparison, The VOID VR experience just opened a new location near Washington DC. The price for the Avengers: Damage Control VR experience at the VOID in DC is $39.99. The $59.99 price for Mon-Thur access to Nick Universe doesn't seem so bad when making that comparison (though IMHO, both prices seem too high).

That's not true. I paid $85 for Morey's Piers a couple of years ago. I went to a couple other piers too and just paid per ride, but as the rides were similar prices to Morey's, it wouldn't shock me if their all day price was similar too.

Six Flags is the cheapest park in New Jersey.

Jeez, 80 dollars sounds like way too much given the attraction lineup.

Do you guys think that the prices might get adjusted downwards?

Or maybe they'll just do aggressive "discounting" to put it in line with something more reasonable?

I have no idea how parks in New Jersey remain competitive if this is _normal_ for that area.

People are way too concerned with the current prices. They're still trying to gauge demand for this place. I would bet anything that they'll continue to adjust this, add more pricing options and offer deals / discounts / dynamic pricing of some kind as time goes on.

I expect it to remain on the expensive side but I don't expect this to be anything even remotely close to a finalized, exhaustive list of prices and ticket options.

Edited by coasterbill

Here you go:

https://www.nj.com/news/g66l-2019/10/753698a3ba5939/american-dream-mall-is-open-heres-a-look-inside-photos.html

You're not missing much. And yes, that was the opening day crowds. The place was open to the preview-buying public.

The American Dream twitter account last posted in June. Another example that they're very unprepared on the back end.

As for pricing, I also fully expect there will be heavy discounting. IE: $80 for the tourists who show up, with ample coupons available in NJ, similar to how Six Flags does $20 off with a can of coke.

Well I'm here right now, just talked to a manager who explained that Shellraiser cant run due to state inspection on Shredder, I have seen zero movement on Slime Streak or Shellraiser. I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs for the Shellraiser queue and nobody is even working on the ride in the station, Smh, gonna wait around for a couple more hours at least to see if anything happens

Well I'm here right now, just talked to a manager who explained that Shellraiser cant run due to state inspection on Shredder, I have seen zero movement on Slime Streak or Shellraiser. I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs for the Shellraiser queue and nobody is even working on the ride in the station, Smh, gonna wait around for a couple more hours at least to see if anything happens

How many people are there?

How many people are there?

It's been pretty empty I suppose it's a bit more crowded then it was before 4 at the moment, waiting it out bc I was told by a few operators that shredder is going to operate for training for a few hours before the park closes they thought there was a good chance Shellraiser will run for a bit,

Today was a bit of a test of the park for me I got a voucher to come back anytime before next October so I'm not to upset

None of the coasters opened today, seems pretty ridiculous a whole week after they opened they really need to get their act together if they want to be successful in the area

The staff was a mixed bag, some very friendly some very cold and even a couple that actively avoided me when I was trying to ask questions, everyone seems to be very confused and there doesn't seem to be good coordination between the entire staff. Also some operators seemed pretty unprepared, weren't reprimanding kids jumping the railings, weren't paying attention to kids who were opening the ride gate and entering unnoticed etc

None of the coasters opened today, seems pretty ridiculous a whole week after they opened they really need to get their act together if they want to be successful in the area

The staff was a mixed bag, some very friendly some very cold and even a couple that actively avoided me when I was trying to ask questions, everyone seems to be very confused and there doesn't seem to be good coordination between the entire staff. Also some operators seemed pretty unprepared, weren't reprimanding kids jumping the railings, weren't paying attention to kids who were opening the ride gate and entering unnoticed etc

Is anyone surprised? Really, anyone?

Thank you for reaffirming my decision to wait before trying to visit.

You should probably wait until January when they'll be paying people to go in hopes they spend additional money in the park. Oh, wait, there's like one food stand.

But not too long, 'cause then it'll be closed.

Your welcome. I really believed this project would be a no brainer, slam dunk success but after today I'm not sure anymore. I really hope they can succeed but hiking up the price by 30 dollars, for weekends, immediately after opening seems insane

Your welcome. I really believed this project would be a no brainer, slam dunk success but after today I'm not sure anymore. I really hope they can succeed but hiking up the price by 30 dollars, for weekends, immediately after opening seems insane

My guess is that this will be like Six Flags passes:

Original Price of $80 but constant online "sales" for $39.00 (Save 50%) and $19.99 (OMG! Save 75%!!!!!!) for off-peak pricing. After the short introductory period, you will never see the original price, just like there are like 3 days/year where you actually need to pay $229 for a Six Flags pass.