• USA - "The South"
    • United Kingdom
    • Europe - Germany
    • Europe - Netherlands
    • Europe - France
    • Europe - Other Mainland Country
    • Canada
    • Australia
    • Somewhere efluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and gooe in the world (post where)

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it very interesting what a broad mix we have here now with over 1/4 of the posters who took the poll being from outside the USA.

And of the US, I didn't expect the east coasters to dominate the boards!

If you haven't voted in the poll yet, please do!

--Robb "Loves statistics and stuff like this..." Alvey

Movieguy- I was pretty unimpressed with SFDL. However, I really adore Marineland! Dragon Mountain is so strange, I couldn't help but fall in love with it. I'm a sucker for unique coasters.

Plus, Marineland has North America's only permanent Huss Magic! That things is genius.

I sorta liked Martin's Fantasy Island. Silver Comet was a dud, but the park had a nice atmosphere.

-kip-

• 2 weeks later...

My closest park is Paramount's Great America. I actually used to work 1 block from there. I used to go there for my "lunch" at 9:30am for ERT on Stealth, until they took it out After riding Stealth 3 times (Before the park opened!), I would ride Top Gun 3 times and then Drop Zone, in all 5 sections. One section was always closed.

My other close park is SFMW. We went there on March 27th (yes Easter) and it really wasn't crowded...go figure? We rode Medusa 3 times, Kong, Roar, and V2 twice. Zonga was closed.

I live 5 minutes from Kennywood. I love rubbing that in. 10 minutes from Sandcastle (KW's water park).

Within a six hour drive I have mega parks:

Kennywood

Geauga Lake

Cedar Point

King's Island

DelGrosso's

Waldameer

Knoebel's

Dorney

Hershey

SFGadv

King's Dominion

BGW

Camden Park (WV)

Ok I am done thinking this early in the morning, and done rubbing it in!! LOL!!!

I'm in Ipswich, UK, probably one of the worst places for parks in the UK. Closest is Pleasurewood Hills and Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, at about an hour away.

Thorpe Park is about 2 1/2 hours away by car. Alton Towers is about 4 hours.

SFOG - Always took this park for granted but after venturing to other parks over the past few years, SFOG ain't half bad. Definitely underated.

SF White Water - Nice way to spend a day. Has a plethora of trees...I like that.

Daytrip

Visionland - haven't been since 01 maybe this year.

Wild Adventures - last visit was in 03...had a nice time.

Lake Winnie - my original homepark being that i grew up in Birmingham and would go so often...last visit was in 02...must take my 2 yr old there this summer.

• 1 month later...

I live in Philadelphia, so here are estimated time travels for me to area parks. Dorney Park-1hour, HersheyPark-2hours,SFGA-1hour,Clementon Amusement Park,NJ-20 minutes,Atlantic City,NJ-45minutes(Steel Pier has a couple of rides,plus a crazy mouse)Wildwood,NJ-1hour(also along the shore line, 3 piers with coasters and various rides)Note to readers, Clementon Park is a small "ghetto park" but still fun to visit. I'm not sure about travel times to Kennywood and Knoebels parks, never been to them but would like to visit.Hope this helps!

Even though im living in florida until november, six flags magic mountain is mine. My home in california is only 20 min away, and i've grown up at that place. I rode my first roller coaster there, had my first kiss there, had my first 'gang brawl' there, lots of special memories at that place... boy do i miss mystic lake

i was just joking about the gang brawl, i ran.

• 4 weeks later...

Kennywood is about 40 minutes from my house, with Conneaut Lake Park about 80 miles north and Waldameer about 100 miles north, Idlewild about 2 hours east, Lakemont/Delgrossos about 2.5 hours, Geauga Lake about 2 hours...

It's my first post, sorry it's dull...I could go on and on and list every park within a reasonable driving distance, but "reasonable" to me might differ from other's...then again, if we are all enthusiasts, I suppose you all might understand!