TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dont you ever get Scared?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as far as coasters go, I don't really get scared anymore. I have become immune to most heights and speeds (on coasters).

Drop rides tend to scare me, but I'm becoming more and more immune to those too. Large or fast water slides scare the hell out of me though. I don't deal well with not being strapped into anything or not having anything to hold on to if I'm not strapped in. Nevertheless, I still do almost any water slide.

Yeah, as far as coasters go, I don't really get scared anymore. I have become immune to most heights and speeds (on coasters).

Same here.

It's skycoasters which scare the living crap out of me. I've probably been on at least 10 of them, and they scare me every time.

I really wish there were rides which still scared me, but the most I get out of them now is a bit of an adrenaline rush - even when I went skydiving a bit over a year ago, I wasn't really scared - nervous perhaps, and I definitely had a sense of anticipation, but not scared. Sometimes walkthrough haunted attractions get the better of me though, although I'm not sure I'd count someone making me jump by appearing out of nowhere counts as really being scared - or does it?

Nothing really ever scares me anymore either. I think the last time I was ever scared of a coaster was my first time on Kraken, but after I sat down and got out of the station, I decided it wasn't going to chop my feet off . Now, not even Drop Towers scare me, nor ghetto fair rides that look like they could fall apart any second. It's all joy now. I do take pleasure in people being scared of something though, I love talking them into doing it.

I do not get scared anymore on rides after I rode everything at SFGAm in 2001. The two rides that got me nervous, but not scare was dejavu and cyclops.

The first few times I go on it every year I usually got a little nervous. But thats mainly because I was affraid of getting stuck on the towers for a few mins. But otherwise I dont get scared on anything.

And like mentioned before, Cyclops in the last car is still one of the most "weird/scary" parts on any coaster I have been on.

see the picture below

1218720529_wetairtime.jpg.f291977117aeb9921152034c83870806.jpg

OMG

I only get scared on a few rides:

-Dejavu: I never know if the ride is going to have a miscatch or catch properly. Unexpected airtime scares me, so not knowing if the ride is going to work or not freaks me out. Ever since my first miscatch on Dejavu at SFGAM I've been scared, but still ride it of course because it's a great ride.

-Skycoasters: Skycoaster scare me just because they dont' have a hard harness. The thought of a strap or plastic suit keeping me from falling 200 ft to the ground is freaky.

-Skyscraper rides: These rides are great, but scare me a little bit because they have the strap harnesses. Definately worth the $10.

I was scared when we first rode Expedition Geforce this summer. I was scared of that twist in the first drop and the height. But after 2 rides I loved it. I think that's with most rides, if you ride them more than once you'll probably end up having lot's of fun.

I don't think there is any rollercoaster that could scare me -- I conquered that fear many years ago. Although I'm sure there are some out there that could intimate me, resulting in a more fervent desire to ride the thing.

My eyes are wide-open on all dark rides however.. I still suffer from the pitiful syndrome of being frightened when stupid objects pop out of the dark. I'd be the perfect actor for a teenage horror flick.

^ I, too, am horrible on dark rides when i know something climactic is coming (dinosaurs, yetis, etc). It's not that the thing itself is exactly scary, it's just the anticipation I build up waiting for it. It sucks, but I do them anyway.

i was scared crapless to go on my 1st non-kiddie, Rock N' Roller coaster, until we pulled out of the launch--then it was pure adrenaline. And with MF being my next coaster, fears of height, speed, launches, or inversions were pretty well eliminated.none of my friends ever want to go on the drop towers so i have yet to experience one--look fun though (sustained airtime!)