TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

I'd rather take a ride on the ring.

Uhh...YA. Give me a Ferrari F2008, and an hour of the 'ring and I'll have WAY more of a good time than on a coaster.

Fixed.

But yeah, I'm sure I'd enjoy this coaster too. Slap a prancing horse logo on the nose, let Ayrton Senna be the ride op, and you've got the perfect record breaker, regardless of what the layout is.

Fixed yours too.

Should be cool, I can't believe they're theming it to Ferrari. Although they are a great team/manufacturer, a true German firm like BMW or Porsche would be much more suitable, given that both BMW and Porsche have tested their cars on the Ring for many years now.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Technically, you didn't fix mine....you just improved it.

And if you could bring Ayrton back to race the streets of Monaco just one more time, we'd all be indebted to you. But yeah, I'm also surprised they didn't go with Porsche or BMW. That'd kinda be like putting this ride outside Daytona, and using KIA as the sponsor.

I guess Ferrari as a brand are much more popular. BMW or Merc do both have sporting heritage, but when you think of fast cars, Ferrari will be the first to spring to mind for most people, no matter where in the world they are. And thanks to Mr Shuey, ferrari have a much larger following in Germany than the local boys do.

How awesome will it be to go for a few rides on a fast coaster, then take an Ariel Atom around the old circuit? That would be heaven.

^The 2009 model is a beast though; 550 hp and 550 lb./ft. of torque. Should be an M5/CLS killer.

That is until they update the M5. My guess is a twin-turboed version of the V-10 currently in it. Just look at what they did with the 3-series inline-6....

Wow, I just skeeted a little after seeing those new renderings.

I'm a huge race fan, so I'm already stoked about this ride, but if they really add the tarmac, wall, and catch fence theming to it, I'm not going to know what to do with myself. This really makes me want to go to the German GP in '09.

OK, so that new rendering (awesome!)... the track layout looks like there's a lot more interesting stuff happening in it than just an oval. Even if there are no real hills, doing all those zig-zags could be cool.

I hope like hell they really do the tarmac and fencing. If the wheels actually touch the tarmac and roll, even better (veeeeeeeeeeery long shot, I know).

Yep so I agree, the renderings make it look great. Really looking forward to seeing how this one ends up.

^I also thought it would be cool if the wheels touched the tarmac and rolled, like you say its a bit of a long shot and I guess would cause a bit more resistance and slow it down. But it would still be cool.

^Exactly. Try going nearly 200 mph on an airtime hill with no upstop wheels and your car will probably end up looking like a... well... wreck. I don't see this as a real roller coaster, as they are not truly advertising it as one, they are basically making a rather large version of test track as someone had previously stated.

^Exactly. Try going nearly 200 mph on an airtime hill with no upstop wheels and your car will probably end up looking like a... well... wreck. I don't see this as a real roller coaster, as they are not truly advertising it as one, they are basically making a rather large version of test track as someone had previously stated.

Every article I see states 'race-coaster', so I believe they do advertise this one as one.