TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street kicks butt--a very good screen interpretation of the Soundheim musical from the 1980s. Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, and Alan Rickman give excellent performances--and Sasha Baron Cohen (aka "Borat") contributes a nice bit, too. The old-school-looking animated opening credits are great.

Batman Begins: 9/10

This movie was really good. It was action packed, it had an exciting story line, and all the castings were perfect. I was impressed with the special effects, and all the suspense. I'm really looking forward to Batman: the Dark Knight coming in summer 08.

I would definitely recommend this film to anyone.

----Antonio

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets

Ok let me say that the first one was much better, but that's not to say this was a bad movie. It was ok, but it had some seriously bad/ boring moments. Also, the bad guy, Ed Harris, wasn't that important and "bad".

overall: 5/10

master91

By the way...the best part of the film was the guy SNORING down in the front of the theatre!!!

The characters seemed too lack depth to them

Seriously?

I thought Sweeney was definitely THE best movie I saw this year.

I'll go along with that when it comes to Anthony (the sailor) and Joanna (Sweeney's daughter)--those are the most thankless roles in the movie and stage versions (they're basically just reflections of Sweeney's past life). But the rest of the cast did a great job with their characters.

Juno (2007) 9/10

Great movie, Ellen Page proves that you can go somewhere after appearing on Trailer Park Boys. With a witty script by Diablo Cody and remarkable direction by Jason Reitman and a great cast, Juno is definitely a winner. Just when I thought I finalized my top ten of 2007 list, I've got to revise it all now.

Deck the halls: 5/10

A pretty boring movie, some funny bits here and their, but on the whole it was prettyt lame. The acting was actually quite good, but i reckon it would have been hilarious if Jason Alexander was there instead of Danny De Vito (assuming of course that he carried George's personality into this movie). The lights display on the house though was pretty good, but the lameness of everyone raising their mobiles like candles was unbelievable. Overall, it was ok i guess, but not something i would really want to see again.

Deck the halls: 5/10

A pretty boring movie, some funny bits here and their, but on the whole it was prettyt lame. The acting was actually quite good, but i reckon it would have been hilarious if Jason Alexander was there instead of Danny De Vito (assuming of course that he carried George's personality into this movie). The lights display on the house though was pretty good, but the lameness of everyone raising their mobiles like candles was unbelievable. Overall, it was ok i guess, but not something i would really want to see again.

A Festivus for the rest of us!!!

Juno (2007) 9/10

Great movie, Ellen Page proves that you can go somewhere after appearing on Trailer Park Boys. With a witty script by Diablo Cody and remarkable direction by Jason Reitman and a great cast, Juno is definitely a winner. Just when I thought I finalized my top ten of 2007 list, I've got to revise it all now.

Thank you! Juno was written by a theme park enthusiast...me.

I'm bummed I didn't get any Schwarzkopf mentions in there. Maybe the next movie...

Wow, you aren't kidding. You really did write it. That's awesome.

I'm just glad they finally put it out in theatres across the nation. Very few movies make me want to pay the ridiculous price to see them in the theatre, but Juno is one of those lucky movies and the fact that it wasn't even playing in my state until a few days ago but was being advertised like crazy was slightly frustrating and annoying.

But yeah, that changed, so I'm looking forward to seeing it Sunday.

National Treasure: Book Of Secrets-

Wow. That was a freaking good movie. Action-packed, very funny, and overall a winner. 9/10

I Am Legend-

Not as good as National Treasure, but still a really good movie. Some parts were creepy, some were sad and all of the rest was awesome. I loved the ending. 8/10

Next movie to see... Cloverfield.

Yesterday I went with my church's Tech Team to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. It's by far one of the best movies I saw all year (not as good as Transformers, though). It had some really funny parts, and the drama with the door near the golden city was excellent. There was a lot of action (car chase, baby!), and quite a few adrenaline-pumping moments. But the worst part is that the story is a tad bit confusing, especially the beginning.

9.5/10

Juno (2007) 9/10

Thank you! Juno was written by a theme park enthusiast...me.

I'm bummed I didn't get any Schwarzkopf mentions in there. Maybe the next movie...

O_O Wow. You did a great job. Juno is my favorite movie I've seen all year.