TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Song of the South 10/10

This is a most have for big Disney geeks, even though they do not sell it here in US at one time they did have it available online! I love this movie and the characters are some of the best the Disney company has ever created. This used some of the best special effects from the mid-1940s and is a movie I try to watch on a every few week schedule.

A few things. Disney didn't "make up" any of the characters. They were from a book called Uncle Remus' Stories (or Tales, I can't remember). All of these stories are from African descent, and they were written down by a white kid who listened in on the slaves telling these stories. He wrote Uncle Reums as the white perspecitve of a black man, showing him as an "uncle Tom" and someone who is generally unintelligent. Disney's version of the movie singlehandedly completed the separation of African Americans and their heritage. Not only does Uncle Remus tell only WHITE people the stories (which makes no sense as any self-respecting slave or African American would tell only other slaves or African Americans), but black people were segregated in the theaters and barred from the themed restaurant that was based on their own heritage.

To call Song of the South a classic Disney movie is only associating the company with racism and the destruction of African American culture.

I think I already talked about Brokeback Mountain in here, but I bought it the other day and have already watched it twice. I can't get over that movie. It's seriously the saddest movie I've ever seen. I love it so much but I hate the way it leaves me feeling.

Lord of War - Highly Recommend it. 9/10

I think I already talked about Brokeback Mountain in here, but I bought it the other day and have already watched it twice. I can't get over that movie. It's seriously the saddest movie I've ever seen. I love it so much but I hate the way it leaves me feeling.

I've been meaning to see it, but i need the house to be alone otherwise i'll get made fun of............plus it has Anne Hathaway's boobs i hear

I eagerly await the release of Indiana Jones 4, I got the trilogy box to show dedication, hopefully that makes it be released faster but I highly doubt it. I felt that Raiders was best and than they went steadily down hill, people say the same about the Die Hard films. Hopefully the fourth will be well received like Die Hard 4.

Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D 9.5/10

"Nightmare Before Christmas" is my favorite movie. It works great as a Halloween and Christmas movie. The movie itself is great. I thought the 3-D didn't add anything. If you're expecting Jack or Oogie Boogie to throw stuff out of the screen or poke you in the eye, this isn't it. The movie looked really great in digital 3-D, though.

Now go watch it!

30 Days of Night:9.5/10

Seriously so cool. The feeling of the movie is awesome. It takes place in the northernmost city, Barring, Alaska. For 30 days the city goes without sun, and the city is closed off. Awesome circumstances for a vampire movie. Very well written and very realistic effects.

Just saw 30 Days of Night, and I agree it's a very cool movie. 9.0/10

Saw IV: 7.5/10

For some reason this one didn't really "do it" for me. Some parts were kind of cool. More is added to the story. It just really seems to be lacking something, like some final big event or piece to the puzzle or trap or something. Ehh, something to see, but if you haven't seen the others don't bother.

Saw IV

9/10

Holy crap - I hadn't seen "all" of the previous movies but I had a decent idea of what was going on. How they kept the Jigsaw to have such a large role in the fourth installment is ingenious yet obvious, imo. The movie's ending is great, but I'm not gonna go into any detail, haha. The traps were insane as well, I was sweating through the whole movie. Go out and see it.

Saw a great random bad movie with my friends Sunday night (dinner and a bad movie night...)

FRANKENHOOKER!!

Really cheesy schlockfest from the 80's that was freaking HILARIOUS!!

Highly recommended for anyone who likes campy, bad, horror (comedy) films.

All I have to say is "super crack" and "exploding hookers" and anyone whose seen it will laugh!

David

^LMAO, I remember that movie, it is hilarious. It's been years since I have seen it. I think I saw it when it first came out on VHS! I think I just gave away my age. hahahaha

I think it's time for me to do a double feature of my two all time favorite movies. Goonies and Labrynth. Such great movies!

Casey"I love the dark, but I HATE NATURE I HATE NATURE!!!"Childers

Beetlejuice 7/10

Wow, this movie had me totally dying with laughter. That is, at some moments. Other moments, the story was just kind of skimming the surface. The special effects were rather good though, considering the movie was made in the 80's. Overall, I thought it was a decent movie with some good, hearty laughs.

---Brent