TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Transformers Age of Extinction

1. Hong Kong people drive at the right side!!!

2. Very good movie, but I got dizzy after an hour.

3. How can that little gun be that powerful? Oh right, it's used by human.

4. Beijing has quality air, as usual.

5. Maurer Shone products' qualities are good enough to handle a robot fight.

6. They build Chicago up that fast? And destroyed it again?

Saw Transformers: Age of Extinction yesterday. I thought it was okay. Not bad, but not great either. Mark Wahlberg was pretty good, and the battle scenes were quite intense, but my biggest problem with it was that it was way too long.

Saw Transformers just now. Well hope that was the last one, but I doubt it.

The new Autobots were okay, not like Ratchet and Ironhide but still okay. A problem the movie looked like new year to me, if you understand what I'm saying.

Thought 2 hours and 45 minutes was way to long for this.

I just saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes yesterday, probably one the the best movies I've seen in a while!

Yes, it's definitely one of my favorite(and best) movies this year. There has been so many under the radar movies this year that have been amazing. It is tied with Captain America: The Winter Soldier for my favorite movie this year. I can't decide which is better, but I may have if figured out by the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

guardiansofthegalaxy537656b986823.thumb.jpg.1de5cdd1d3ff05c0c3df89050ec124bc.jpg

Tonight TPR was invited to a preview screening of Guardians of the Galaxy! Here's our review...

2014GuardiansOfTheGalaxy3_Press_180214.jpg.e5f74c2e8729b0960396df01839ad131.jpg I have to admit that I was a little nervous going into this movie. I *love* the Avengers portion of the Marvel universe, but I wasn't sure how it all fit together. A talking raccoon? A tree that can fight?

racoon.thumb.jpg.cbfd3258b77908e565098456506766f5.jpg The first thing you need to know is that this is a comedy, action and sci-fi hybrid. It sounds strange, but it really works!

space1.thumb.jpg.a799b06c74a34bf2e3af55ddb0bc8fda.jpg This movie is an awesome hybrid of the Marvel universe with a Star Wars-esque feel. You won't believe the crazy action sequences throughout the movie. The CGI is amazingly well done.

music.thumb.jpg.4c88e7a06813ccc6e2afdd91dd3e4b05.jpg Music plays a HUGE role in this movie. It is hard to explain without giving away some spoilers, but it has some awesome 70s tunes interspersed throughout that really lend to the vibe of the film.

groot.jpg.28e34aae5298e2c495cfacb7b1fac3f0.jpg Rocket and Groot were my two favorite characters. Both are amazingly animated and creative and both have some very funny moments and one-liners. Rocket is SURE to be the merchandise hit of the season!

collector.thumb.jpg.40aed79771b48d4dbacb7b602b15ae11.jpg And no spoilers...but in the true Marvel universe way - it all comes together very nicely!

Chris_Pratt.thumb.JPG.10f278f231975c0a7100d9991f357af9.JPG

Vin.thumb.jpg.95840bc538b08f7fefa5c9be1982e720.jpg

STORY SYNOPSIS:

"An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe.

To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance."

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gilian, Djimon Hounsou with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Commander Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector. Distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, the film opens August 1, 2014

staceyguard.jpg.6f9074b122de4f7203fb0e549e09ca24.jpg Go see Guardians of the Galaxy - we give it two thumbs up!

I haven;t really kept up with the whole Avengers universe but I really want to see this movie! I love Chris Pratt on Community so it's awesome to see him in some major leading roles. Looks like a fun Summer movie.

You mean Parks&Rec right?

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy really enjoyed it, I saw it in imax and it was stunning, was also not expecting the post-credits scene at all, really made me lol. The movie was a lot of fun but after hearing lots of people saying how much of a risk it was for the studio and how different it would be in my opinion it felt very familiar to the other marvel movies lately which can also be a testament to how well Marvel have done that something like this can feel familiar from the start. Again really enjoyed it but the bad guy in this didn't seem to make much impact which is a shame because I really like Lee Pace, he seemed almost the same as Thor 2's bad guy (and again I love Christopher Eccleston).

Spoilers:

I feel like the aircraft/spaceship crashing into cities as a finale has been really overused lately or is it just me? Captain America 2, Thor 2 Star Trek into Darkness and now Guardians of the Galaxy. I get it's a sci-fi so spaceships are obviously involved but the finale seemed very familiar. My friend who isn't big on comic books joked it was Avengers in space. Cosmic stone leads to people having conflict first then teaming up, adopted sibling must face other sibling etc. Again not a bad thing, we both loved the movie.

I haven;t really kept up with the whole Avengers universe but I really want to see this movie! I love Chris Pratt on Community so it's awesome to see him in some major leading roles. Looks like a fun Summer movie.

You mean Parks&Rec right?

Yeah I meant Parks and Rec haha, I had Community on my mind this morning after reading Comic Con news about Donald Glover possibly returning to the show. With that being said I'm all for Chris Pratt joining Community if your reading this movies thread on a theme park fan forum Dan Harmon, make it happen!

Just got back from an early showing of Guardians of the Galaxy, and so far, it's my favorite movie of 2014. The acting is great (favorite was Chris Pratt), the battle scenes were awesome, and it was well-written with great dialogue and some funny moments. Marvel really hit a home run with this one. I highly recommend seeing this movie.

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy, and while it's not my absolute favorite movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's one of the better ones. Still not in my Top 5 superhero movies though. I will say I loved that the whole movie was unpredictable from start to finish, so it sure keeps you entertained. The post credits scene was SHEER disappointment but that won't ruin me from liking the movie. Sucks that James Gunn dislikes Richard Rider as a character so looks like we wont see him in any future Marvel movies. 8.5/ 10 for me.

A couple weeks ago I said that Dawn of the Planet of the apes was my favorite movie this year, well after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy I take that back! This was such an amazing movie.Great action and spectacular comedy is what makes this movie so great! 9.9/10! -.1 because the secret post credit ending wasn't worth the wait for the credits to finish rolling.

Guardians of the Galaxy is an extremely fun time and definitely the most fun movie of Marvel's bunch, in my opinion. Echoing what was said about the credits scene above, it was a total waste of time. The Winter Soldier comes out with two great and significant scenes, and this had a scene that just felt like filler.

I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy is my #3 movie this year, behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and X-Men: Days of Future Past.