TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

I'm sure Hershey would do something to honor the building if they ever take it down though. I read in a book that Milton Hershey built it after he was turned away from a hockey game at the old facility! He showed them! haha.

I only wish I could do that... Leafs games sold out? Fine, I'll just make my own damn arena and get my own team!

This topic has forced me to read up on the history of the Hershey Bears, which is long and illustrious! So, I must thank CoasterEric for bringing up the HersheyPark Arena!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a movement awhile back to have the old arena declared a national historic landmark, but I don't know whatever happened with that.

I suspect that the building's days are numbered. Moving the museum and park offices is a big clue. Then agian, I was convinced they were going to build a waterpark on the old golf course, and that seems like it's not going to happen, so perhaps my predictions are not so profound...

dt

Fahrenheit was testing for a little bit today until it stopped half way up the chain.

For the people who wondered about the chain, heres how I believe it works.

When it dispatches it goes around the turn and then theres that flat piece of track (like12-20 feet long) and the chain goes all the way done that. Theres little tiny catch cars that hook under the car. The chain goes very slow but when the catch cars hook under it takes you up pretty fast.

Other than that it looked amazing... Very, very amazing!

Well the Norwegian Loop and Cobra roll was slow (at the tops) but then the double corkscrew went fast and it really goes around that over bank turn after the cobra roll it goes at a real fast pace. The brakes well it seemed like it went like 1 mph, they looked so s l o w, o well you be enjoying the OMG IM ON Fahrenheit!! haha

Not sure if anybody was able to figure out more about the mysterious "I" in one of pictures. But, I did some messing around with it, compared to another "I" it is the same pixel width but not the same pixel height. Both 2 pixels wide but the normal "I" is 5 pixels high while the questionable one is 6-7ish. Not to mention they are different colors..

Well the Norwegian Loop and Cobra roll was slow (at the tops) but then the double corkscrew went fast and it really goes around that over bank turn after the cobra roll it goes at a real fast pace. The brakes well it seemed like it went like 1 mph, they looked so s l o w, o well you be enjoying the OMG IM ON Fahrenheit!! haha

That's pretty much how I was expecting it to be. The ride will go faster once it's warmer and the ride is broken in though. Just one more question. Did the train go fast over the airtime hill? I'm hoping there is a nice shot of ejector air on it!

This is awesome i went to Hershey about 7 or so years ago I REALLY want to go back! Maybe next year I can convince my parents but theres still Dorney and Six Flags Great Adventure i wanna go to!!!! At hershey i still have to ride Storm Runner, SDL, Fahrenheit, Great Bear, and Sidewinder 8( I MUST GO BACK dang i hate being a teenager....

Sounds like this could be as great as or greater than Maverick.

If it goes through the Norewegian Loop and cobra roll slow, then that could produce some excellent "hangtime" like on the flying snake dive on SR.

For the people who wondered about the chain, heres how I believe it works. When it dispatches it goes around the turn and then theres that flat piece of track (like12-20 feet long) and the chain goes all the way done that. Theres little tiny catch cars that hook under the car. The chain goes very slow but when the catch cars hook under it takes you up pretty fast.

That is how Gerst. Euro-Fighter's work too. I was watching SSRBP and you can see a little white thing that hooks on the trains before the lift starts. But on euro-fighters, there are also a pair of anti-roll backs on the lift.

Today I heard it squeaking as they want threw the corkscrews but o well looks amazing. Im just so excited because I worked on my first coaster, sidewinder, and back to Fahrenheit it was testing again, I believe I saw its record for most times ran in a row (and it was while I was on break) it went like 5-6 times in a row that I know of. Beats yesterdays (of when I left) of like 3-4. Better get in like the millions for over the summer because this is going to be an amazing ride! I cant wait! (to much longer) time go faster! please?

Im working at hershey (worked today) this year and today it was running great through the test runs. The Howler is up and running so it will be open for the very first day, along with a new coldstone in music box way. Velocity and Impact Effect have been renamed Beyond the Dragon Gate and Lightning strike. also- on the new park maps it says:

LOVE hersheypark? join the club! Members recieve hot savings, cool contests, and insider info: and more!

Just text HPFanClub to 68247 or visit Hersheyparkfanclub.com

This is on the park maps, and i also registered so it is legit.

I can also confirm that there is a lazy river and wave pool going in for sure, and i have a hunch that Tsunami logo we say back before Fahrenheit was released may be for the wave pool.

also i noticed that the lift for Fahrenheit was VERY loud and sounded alot like shaking aluminum foil. I actually kind of liked it... makes it sound scary. They are also going to take your pictures but i'm not sure where.

according to Hershey, it may be a good idea to try and get there on may 21 when the park is open to 6- Fahrenheit will most likely be open... but im not sure, so don't get mad if it's not!

Also- the park offices moved along with HE&R's offices in the old country club building (the stone building with the lighthouse in front) in the old golf course **(NOW PARK PROPERTY)** along with the lumber yard next to that and some buildings in downtown hershey. these are all next to the Hershey Press Building (old department store>restored>shops and HE&R headquarters) Remember when hershey recently talked about building that new hotel? And also, hotel hershey is getting renovated, added on to including an indoor ice rink, small water slides, and new restaurants and guest rooms in addition to what it already has. That further seals the fate of the Hershey Arena. Along with a bunch of condos in the woods.

HE&R ceos talked about making downtown Hershey more fun... a new museum, shops, hotel, theater, and new landscaping where ideas. that leaves the hotel and more shops on their list of to dos. just some random thought to point out.

I can also confirm that there is a lazy river and wave pool going in for sure, and i have a hunch that Tsunami logo we say back before Fahrenheit was released may be for the wave pool.

Ugh I hate that this will probably close Congo River Rapids....that is one of the best IMO

I can't wait to get to Hershey this year....My daugther can finally go on all the big coasters!