TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great America Becomes California's Great America

For those of you who got a flyer from Great America in the mail today know that there is going to be a new thrill ride for next year. It looks like yet another flat ride. Great America NEEDS coasters desperately! I won't be going back until they put in another coaster or 2 to make up for Stealth & Greased Lightnin. What are your opinions?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Give us something! Anything! A screamin swing would probably be fine, as long as they don't remove anything to put it in. I'm trying to think of a good location, but the only place I could see them putting it in is behind Xtreme Skyflyer which is a better location for a coaster. We'll just have to wait and see.

Screamin Swing or Top Spin, it's not that hard to figure out, the ad doesn't mean it's the actual ride itself, just an idea of what it will look like. Either way, I've been on many Screamin Swings, and different sizes from Dorney's small one to Cedar Point and Lake Compounce's big ones and they are lots of fun. Top Spins are also fantastic because the program it runs vary sometimes, and they are freakin fun!

Screamin' Swings don't use shoulder restraints, do they? I know this is ultra fantasizing, but when I first saw the picture, my first thought was "Hmm...Dive Machine?" Looking at the picture, I did happen to see 10 across, and the restraints did look very B&M-ish to me at first. Upon closer looking, the picture has to be a Mondial Splashover due to the fact that the hand grips on the restraints are lower.

(Yes, I scaled it down so it would be easier to see the whole thing.)

^ I remember that picture clearly. It was when Paramount was doing those park surveys a few years ago for TRFF.

IMO a top spin would be cool, but...they always get toned down after like the first season. So im not sure what to think of a Top Spin