TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks pretty nice!

It's going to be called 'Solguden' which is danish for sungod.

It's going to be 7 meters tall.

There will be 'Magical Gods' that will spray water on you, but you can avoid the water by steering the gondol up and down.

Source: http://www.djurssommerland.dk/index.php?id=406

solguden_bgimg.thumb.jpg.ee2405f3fa289f80db176d539fb008c6.jpg

Nice theming!

SG-content_map.png.2480a7e086dc63fa1dcb437f9459744b.png

This is where it's going to be located.

• 8 months later...

It could go either way actually.

Given the parks recent expansion it could very well be a new coaster coming in 2013, but still it's only 1 year ago from the opening of the parks biggest investment ever.

Hopefully it's a coaster, but it could also very well be something like a new obstacle course or something similar.

I would like to see an Intamin 8-inversion coaster. The new one with a cable lift and new trains.

Would be unique in Europe, except for Colossus, and very marketable in the Nordic countries.

I know the plans for a Thirteen style coaster was scrapped after the Legoland announcement.

Djurs Sommerland just posted this on facebook.

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150965784096831&set=a.10150638381291831.378664.98706416830&type=1&theater

It says: We make room for Denmarks biggest new attraction in 2013. And thats why the climbing mountain and the spidernet is closed the rest of 2012.

djurs.jpg.458c69c2bb55fb69dc1017f195652736.jpg

Edited by larrygator

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really hoping for a Zierer Tower Launch coaster here, or something Cheetah Huntish.

It would be so Wicked if they put in another big coaster already.

It's probably something else tough, but another coaster is defiantly needed for the park, as they get some insane crowds in the summer.

Time will tell.

I'm really hoping for a Zierer Tower Launch coaster here, or something Cheetah Huntish.

It would be so Wicked if they put in another big coaster already.

It's probably something else tough, but another coaster is defiantly needed for the park, as they get some insane crowds in the summer.

Time will tell.

Haha, wicked, I see what you did there. Who has ridden a Zeirer launch coaster before? How are they? How do they compare to Intamin?

I have not ridden Wicked, but it's pretty fun from what I heard.

A tower launch coaster, with more of a eurofighter layout, like DDD, after the tower would be cool, and a first in Europe, making for easy advertisement.

If not one of those I hope they work with Intamin again.

Edit, spellcheck.

Edited by _koppen

^^Wicked is an interesting ride, although not that great.

The restraints are terrible, during the launch and tower they tighten to an uncomfortable level. The track is pretty rough and choppy, and it doesn't really do all that much.

Now if they were to fix the restraints so they can't lower during the ride and create a longer layout, I think that ride would be great.

^^^ Wicked is fun, but as stated before, needs to be longer. Hopefully they go for a different coaster design than the one Wicked has. After the mid-brake, the coaster drags on into the last brakes.

I also hope Zierer has been working on the restraints to make ejector seat airtime on the launch tower. You can always feel the airtime, but you are stapled to your seat and can't fully experience it.

These are the reasons why Colossus: The Fire Dragon is still my favorite coaster at Lagoon.

Where are we getting that this is confirmed to be Zierer? From what I have been able to tell, people are just speculating and Zierer has come up, right?

Only speculation on the Zierer part.

I thought of it since the park bought a pretty expensive flat from Zierer for this season, so maybe they have been looking at some coaster concepts from them as well.

If you look at the park's other four coaster they have been choosing a new manufacturer for every one of them, so there is really no pattern to follow for speculation.

A tower launch would be a great choice for the park IMO, but it's just speculation.

From Djurs Sommerland`s facebook

Vi har fået over 5000 m3 beton. Vi kan dække hele Djurs Sommerland med 1 cm beton, men vi vil hellere støbe 429 fundamenter til Danmarks største nyhed 2013!

Translated: We have received over 5000 m3 of concrete. We can cover all of Djurs Sommerland with 1 cm of concrete, but we will rather pour 429 foundations to Denmarks biggest new attraction in 2013!

Link

djurs.jpg.a9173e20b5293f2d2ca3d37e8822b107.jpg

So what is "big" for Denmark, needs this much space and requires 429 footers to be poored???

Could it be a coaster? Twister (Gronalund) like ride or??

Looking forward to hearing what will come and check it out next year (hopefully)