TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this where the climbing structure of death and trampolines were?

I really liked the park-like atmosphere of that area, but hopefully this will be a great addition.

That's the one!

This park is fantastic. A very cool owner who helped operate Piraten when we were there even during ERT. Love the Canadian log ride and raft ride with the nice surprise at the end. Getting soaked on a Topple Tower was also interesting. Oh, and an Intamin Mega Lite? Worth the price of admission alone!

Since they have two great steel coasters for a park of its size, I think this will end up being a wooden coaster....hopefully an awesome GG with Timberliners....but who knows? I'm sure it will be a great ride and really fit in.

The owner didn't seem too impressed with Intamin's help or lack thereof with Piraten's outstanding problems/ issues at the time that we rode during opening year. I'm sure those have been worked out so that they could be considered for another ride one day.

The park will not build a wooden coaster.

They have way to low noise restrictions, plus the owner of the park think they require to much maintenance.

And let's not forget the huge success that the park had with Piraten, so I would not count out Intamin.

This can be found on another site:

I'm almost 99.9 % sure that it'll be an Intamin, since I talked to the C.E.O. at EAS where he said that they had something going on in my country.

^We've established that no one knows what it is and that it could be anything--most likely some sort of roller coaster. Hanno may not be too far off since Grona Lund also has to adhere to strict noise levels. Again, it's all just fun speculation...

Also, no one is counting out Intamin. That would be incredible if they return to the park.

Yes, but you see, the difference between Gröna Lund and Djurs is that Gröna Lund actually wanted the wooden coaster, Djur's does not. Coaster Club Denmark has several members that are friends with the CEO, and he has told them on several occasions that he don't want a wooden coaster.

As _koppen says it won't be a wooden roller coaster.

Now, I've been talking to the park C.E.O. these days at the EAS and he has confirmed a coaster that goes 85 km/h on a 1 km long track, so to me it sounds like it have two launches. Intamin's C.E.O. also told me in an interview that they had something for next year in my country (Denmark) that would draw attention.

My guess is still and Intamin Multi Launcher, like a mini Cheetah Hunt or something.

It can't be a too wild coaster. Today a friend visited from Flensburg at the german/danish border who is fluent in danish and the small girl on the teaser wall says: "I'll also do this ride!" (Jeg vil ogsa vaere med!). So I'll put my bet on a woodie or family coaster - at least a coaster with 1,00m-1,20m height allowance.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Premier... My two cents goes on a large outdoor version of Revenge of the Mummy

Doesn't seem very likely, since Premier haven't built anything in Europe. Well, it could be their first project, of course, I guess...

• 2 weeks later...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like a lot of iSpeed's supports were also sunken into the ground, like with these footers.

Sascha Czibulka from Intamin has confirmed a project in Denmark for 2013 that would "bring some attention" so I'm almost gonna eat my shoes if this is not it.

Love the idea of a mini-Cheetah Hunt.

I like this idea, too. Cheetah Hunt is a excellent ride that's been underrated in the enthusiast community--love to see the idea of "family launched coasters" (ala Cheetah Hunt and Verbolten) being picked up by other parks.

The general public love Cheetah Hunt and Verbolten, so a coaster of that type would be great for this park.

Off topic anecdote: The ride op on the mic at Griffon last weekend was asking riders what the best coaster in the park was and Verbolten the the favorite, not overwhelming, but still the favorite.

Off topic anecdote: The ride op on the mic at Griffon last weekend was asking riders what the best coaster in the park was and Verbolten the the favorite, not overwhelming, but still the favorite.

I remember that--but there was no love for Alpengeist (at least in the Griffon station). I'm looking forward to seeing what Djurs has up its sleeve. It's a very nice park.

Edited by cfc

Maybe it's something like Jet Rescue or Mick Doohan's Motocoaster?

Fits with that it's an Intamin, the footers and the layout.

Could very well be, but the ride is rumored to have inversions, so well see.

Found this from Coaster Club Denmark:

Rumors says it will be 1km long, two launches, the first to 70-75km/h and the other to 85km/h, and the ride won't be much higher than 12 meters (40feet).