TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

As Far as What's Next... I could see the next coaster at the park being called Ziz or some variation on the spelling. (from Wikepedia) "In Jewish aprocrypha and pseudepigrapha such as the 2nd century BCE Book of Enoch, Behemoth is the primal unconquerable monster of the land, as Leviathan is the primal monster of the waters of the sea and Ziz the primordial monster of the sky."

If a future coaster in CW would be called Ziz, I would jump off Wonder Mountain.

^LMAO @ 400ft flying coaster...Literally has to dominiate the sky as the monster of the sky so possibilities ... 400 Sky coaster!!!!! or a Dive Coaster with the most inversions! Intamin Hydraulic lauch stata coaster. Wing Rider so some large proportion. Or even taking down drop tower and putting a 450ft drop tower.

The Ziz....

Edited by vacoaster09

^ That could make for potentially the greatest and most bad-a$$ ride sign ever!!

As for Leviathan, color me stoked to ride this beast at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later!) Robb said it best, different strokes for different folks.....and for me, this coaster looks right up my alley! I love airtime, but right behind that for me is the sensation of speed - I absolutely love that! And watching the POV from the excellent coverage of media day (thanks guys!), it looks like that is one thing Leviathan does really well. The speed looks relentless as it navigates the course. I'm also loving that it's just a loooong chain lift - talk about building up the anticipation!! Cool ride sign too with the glowing lights. Now I just need to get to Canada.....

I made this in photoshop. How the ride should have ended. It would have costed very little in comparison to the rest of the coaster to do this as it doesn't require much extra track.

Edited by b&mforever

^^ I believe you forgot that Dragon fire is under near the lift around that area along with stores and such.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the tunnel!

It was just a quick idea of what they could have done. I don't get b&M lately. They put mid course brakes on their hypers and then put garbage after them. The early Hypers like Nitro and Apollos Chariot had great second halfs. Behemoth and Intimidator have terrible after brake sections and Leviathons is the biggest joke of all. Its obivous that they originally had designed a different ending at some point. The entrance to the final brakes was once an MCBR in the design process.

On a separate note, riding one of their rides like Kumba and then riding one of their new wingriders is depressing. Kumba is so intense and fast paced. I love it. The wingriders are lame in my opinion. Even riding on of the newer floorlesses is tame compared to Kumba. They made much more intense loopers in the 90's. Chang/Green Lantern is one of the last ones before they started stretching out transitions between elements and making them even more oversized. I am actually glad my home park got a used older B&M instead of the new one.

I made this in photoshop. How the ride should have ended. It would have costed very little to do this as it doesn't require much extra track.

Very interesting! Approximately how much more would it cost them to do this? How little is "very little"?

And the return on this investment would be what?

Its obivous that they originally had designed a different ending at some point. The entrance to the final brakes was once an MCBR in the design process.

Says the armchair engineer who obviously sat in on the design meetings between CW and B&M.....

Seriously though, they designed a freaking giga for the space that was picked out for it. Yes it has an elevated brake run. So what? I dunno, maybe it's just because I love the sensation of speed, but I prefer just going balls out until you hit the brakes. That's a main reason Intimidator 305 is my #1 steel. In fact, 4 of my top 5 coasters are ones without any MCBR and "second half". Could they have put in another hill or two? Maybe, but who really knows with the other buildings (and coaster!) in that area? I just don't see how you can guarantee that it wasn't in fact CW's decision to end the ride this way. Just my 2 cents.

I made this in photoshop. How the ride should have ended. It would have costed very little to do this as it doesn't require much extra track.

I thought this was Leviathan, Huge Camel humps! Not a family-friendly ant hill type of ride, it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the coaster. But I do agree that the brake run sticks out like a sore thumb. At-least one more stretched out camel hill would of really looked allot better.I just really think that B&M/CW could of made better use of that segment.

Here's my "cheap" Microsoft paint artwork...

newy.thumb.png.c5b85ed2d62296cc6744e2274ef04384.png

Very interesting! Approximately how much more would it cost them to do this? How little is "very little"?

And the return on this investment would be what?

The return on the investment would be that instead of being a mediocre Giga thats far too short timewise it would be an all around great ride. It wouldn't cost much in comparison to the rest of the ride because the amount of steel required for it is nothing compared to the rest of the ride. It also requires less steel for supports as it is shorter and traveled at a lower speed.

To the person saying they prefer rides that are fast till the very end then they could have finished it more like goliath at SFOG which unlike this seems like a complete ride. Everybody here knows when they watched the pov video when they first released the details of the ride that they were shocked when they saw this midcourse brake simply just feed into a ridiculously long final brake run. This is especially a problem since in the same park there is a similar coaster that is a full ride.

^Your engineering degree and in-depth analysis of the steel industry back up this theory?

Why would I need to make those calculations. If the ride costed about 28 million adding another 600-800 of track feet of low to ground track would not have added cost anywhere close to what the rest of the ride costed (5400ft). Also nowhere did I state that my design is exactly what they should. It was simply a concept drawing. I didn't specify any constraints or dimensions.

...mediocre Giga thats far too short timewise...

Short? Levi doesn't seem short at all. I just quickly timed the POV from Leviathan against i305.

From the top of the lift hills to the beginning of the final break runs were as followed.

i305-44 seconds

levi-55 seconds

Levi is not short.

...mediocre Giga thats far too short timewise...

Short? Levi doesn't seem short at all. I just quickly timed the POV from Leviathan against i305.

From the top of the lift hills to the beginning of the final break runs were as followed.

i305-44 seconds

levi-55 seconds

Levi is not short.

I305 is a fast paced forceful ride that never lets up. It doesn't have to be long, it has the wow factor. In comparison Leviathon has some pretty slow parts. Nitro at great adventure is 55 seconds just from the first drop to its midcourse breaks. Its about 75 seconds total. Those extra 20 seconds really add to the experience. There is a lot of airtime on those final few hills.

My point being, CW & B&M were content with the final design.

With Dragon Fire underneath the brake run I'm curious as to where they would put said extension of their design.

I made this in photoshop. How the ride should have ended. It would have costed very little

LOL! I love it when people who know nothing about the amusement park industry make statements like this. I would take a fairly educated guess that your "little" addition would have probably put another $5 - $7 million onto the price tag of that coaster.

Keep dreaming.....

I made this in photoshop. How the ride should have ended. It would have costed very little

LOL! I love it when people who know nothing about the amusement park industry make statements like this. I would take a fairly educated guess that your "little" addition would have probably put another $5 - $7 million onto the price tag of that coaster.

Keep dreaming.....

So your telling me that it costs as much as an entire batman the ride (6.5 million) to build an additional 600-800 feet of track (thats not even as tall as batman). I have a hard time believing some more track segments, landscaping, and hills would have costed that much. There's no additional trains required and nor is there any extra braking hardware or electronics needed.

^There are TONS of factors you have to account for.

-Inflation

-Gauge of track

-Man-hours / construction costs

-Obstacles in the way

There really is no way of knowing the cost of your proposed design, but I doubt it would be "little."