TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The argument about that shouldn't take place on here at all because at the end of the day we know that Cedar Fair is only doing what they're mandated to do. Even Knott's lifted the restrictions ASAP.

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Go to CW site.  Click to buy something like a season pass.  You'll see it in the popup transaction window.  Under 2021 Season Pass -> 2021 Add Ons.  

Posted Images

The tunnel was just added last week. Officials from the park have mentioned that there is landscaping they still need to complete. And they're hoping that Sledgehammer will be operational again this weekend

It seems that HUSS rides have really horrible reliability as the Top Spins up in Nor Cal have a lot of down time.

the only complaint I have was it was not long enough!

Here we go again...

526709_10150820730448924_95469803923_9766560_804987046_n.jpg

We’re having a Funnel Cake Faceoff! The Park has come up with 2 new specialty Funnel Cake flavours and we need your help in deciding which one to serve in the Park for 1 special day this month! Chocolate Covered Bacon or Caramel Apple? You decide. Vote in our poll until 5pm on Wednesday May 23 for the flavour you’d like to try. The winning flavour will be served at all of our Funnel Cake locations on Sunday May 27 from 12pm until 8pm.

Happy voting and may the best funnel cake win!

Vote here

As much as I like bacon, I kind of think the caramel apple would taste better as a funnel cake...

Would all the tunnel whiners like some cheese with all this whine?

Yes, it's a new ride that they threw down 20 million dollars for, yes, they added a tunnel at the last second that adds a bit of thrill. Yes it may look out of place, but is it really that big of a deal? The ride isn't "heavily" themed so I don't see why there has been such a huge amount of complaints about a feature that people wanted and asked for in the first place!

This park was under a manager who for years forwarded beatification. I'm sure they'll eventually change it. They may not do it immediately, but in time more theming may be added. If not oh well, it still looks like a great ride and complaining about such a small detail seems trivial.

It's a freakin' B&M Giga

But it has a long break run and an unthemed tunnel so I don't like it! Myah! /sarcasm

I finally got out to the park this past Sunday. It was a perfect warm sunny day, and the crowds started very light owing to it being Mother's Day (it seemed to get busier as the day went on, but not bad). We waited 20 minutes for Leviathan - and that was the front row. Can't complain about that.

I have to say I was very, very impressed with the state of the park. Virtually every surface has been repainted in the off season (and painted properly...not just another layer on top). No burnt out light bulbs and nothing out of order (well, other than Windseeker, Sledge Hammer, Time Warp and the last car of each train on Stunt Coaster). The park was in tip-top shape on par with a park like BGW. New (to me) Cast costumes looked good, and the quality of service was generally quite solid. I'm impressed, and with all the improvements they've made in recent years, it's nice to see they haven't stopped.

Here's my artsy shot of the visit:

1-IMG_8141.thumb.JPG.f2813755d69e62b9b8cefe09e62c4c67.JPG

It seems that HUSS rides have really horrible reliability as the Top Spins up in Nor Cal have a lot of down time.

I agree Huss rides seem to be having quite a bit of issues lets not forget to include the Timber Tower fiasco . . . I have never seen Voodoo closed but Firefail seems to have serious issues, I wonder if it had the same issues at GL

Would all the tunnel whiners like some cheese with all this whine?

Yes, it's a new ride that they threw down 20 million dollars for, yes, they added a tunnel at the last second that adds a bit of thrill. Yes it may look out of place, but is it really that big of a deal? The ride isn't "heavily" themed so I don't see why there has been such a huge amount of complaints about a feature that people wanted and asked for in the first place!

This park was under a manager who for years forwarded beatification. I'm sure they'll eventually change it. They may not do it immediately, but in time more theming may be added. If not oh well, it still looks like a great ride and complaining about such a small detail seems trivial.

It's a freakin' B&M Giga

But it has a long break run and an unthemed tunnel so I don't like it! Myah! /sarcasm

Nobody said the tunnel overshadowed how fantastic or awesome the ride is. It's just a bit odd that, after everything else they did for the ride, they'd make such a random and out-of-place addition.

Yeah I know...

Magnum XL 200

Steel Force

Steel Dragon 2000

Millennium Force

SPOILER ALERT = Nobody complains about any of these, and please don't pretend Leviathan is a well themed coaster, the area around the station is themed and that's it. This tunnel looks fine.

^ I think a lot of people's expectations were heightened after the ride opened to the public. Having a new station and area that fits great with the medieval theme, it just seemed underwhelming to have a tin can tunnel added a week later. Some blue paint and a mist machine would do wonders. I remember all of the comments about the irony in having Leviathan no where near water...

Anyways, is Sledge Hammer up yet?

Well, it's definitely something of an improvement.

All issues aside, it really doesn't affect the ride at all what color or material it's made out of, the coaster is still amazing even if it was a wooden tunnel painted with yellow and green polka dots

But...why even bother? Could've just saved the Benjamin they put down for this quality tunnel and called it a day.

Sorry, what's a Benjamin?

With paint, It already looks better than other Cedar Fair tunnels, with the exception of Maverick. Personally, I'm not a fan of tunnels so I'd rather none. It is a great head chopper though.

A Benjamin is short for a Benjamin Franklin. Benjamin Franklin is the face on the U.S. 100 dollar bill. Basically he's saying the park could've saved money and just not add the tunnel.

Edited by vacoaster09