TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

I've found this to be an old argument used mostly by anti-maskers to avoid wearing masks at parks. 

The argument to not wear masks at a park should be that youre outside, where risk of transmission is nearly zero. And would probably drop below zero if it could when youre flying along a track at 70-90 mph. 

The argument about that shouldn't take place on here at all because at the end of the day we know that Cedar Fair is only doing what they're mandated to do. Even Knott's lifted the restrictions ASAP. There's nothing that the park can do about it. Guests should follow the rules even if they're excessive because riding a coaster with a mask on is better than not riding one at all. Nobody's mask is going to fly off though.

• Like 3

^ true. Canada, and Ontario in particular, has been very reluctant to reduce or remove restrictions. Which is why CW having an opening date surprises me, the Ontario premier wants tighter restrictions at the border yet will let CW open... thats gonna go over well. 

So what was ayone's experience reserving spots on the CW website?  I found it rather crazy but the site worked well given the traffic.  I signed on just after 8am (which is when it opened) and right away it said I was 22,758th in the queue.  It took an hour for my turn to come up.  I ended up booking six different days and I think that's the current limit for season pass holders.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After 592 days of waiting, I was finally able to visit Canada's Wonderland once again on July 6th! During my visit, I had noticed many small improvements made throughout the park in addition to the new attractions that were finally able to open this year, along with the rest of the park, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year! Below are some photos of the small improvements made, along with the new attraction in Planet Snoopy, Beagle Brigade Airfield.

IMG_4686.thumb.jpeg.65e270b659482ca2385ba1e41135d9b0.jpeg

The Fun Shoppe across from The Bat in Medieval Faire was renamed Jester's Courtyard Toy & Souvenir Marketplace, allowing for this souvenir shop to fit in with the section a bit better than it had in the past. Also the funnel cake shop next door received a new hanging sign. I'll try to get a photo of it next time I visit the park.

IMG_4694.thumb.jpeg.9b268ce55c123d18c06bb6917103b3de.jpeg

While the park was closed in 2020, the peeling billboard signage for Backlot Stunt Coaster was removed. Now the trains just "crash" through a metal wall. It looks odd, but much better than the peeling signage that was there.

IMG_4705.thumb.jpeg.4697c40e2723bf8a9919db4c35c631b6.jpeg

Here is a look at the new for 2021 (originally slated to open in 2020) ride in Planet Snoopy, Beagle Brigade Airfield. It replaced the aging Peanuts Putt Putt mini golf course that closed at the end of the 2019 season. Children visiting the park seemed to be enjoying this new ride! The other new attraction is the Mountain Bay Cliffs in Splash Works. I was unfortunately unable to capture a photo of it as Splash Works does not open until mid-July.

IMG_4711.thumb.jpeg.ee445c1b8123f768dc201fb8dc3a7cb1.jpeg

One of the major noticeable improvements made on International Street during the extended off-season was the replacement of the shingles on one of the buildings on International Street. It is always great to see the park taking care of its infrastructure! 

IMG_4713.thumb.jpeg.4a3d7c9e802ac0d28e60452872554cc3.jpeg

Also within the past year while the park was closed, Riptide received new, bright blue seats! Things like this just help keep rides looking brand new, even when they are over 20 years old like Riptide! 

Overall, my visit on Tuesday, July 6th was great despite being very hot and humid. I managed to get on 13 rides during my 8 and a half hour visit with the current COVID-19 safety protocols put in place. For more photos of my visit, check them out on my blog:)

5 minutes ago, SharkTums said:

^Happy that our friendly neighbors to the north can finally get some parks in!

Yes, it definitely is great that residents of Ontario can finally enjoy Canada's Wonderland again! :)

14 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Are masks required there or optional?

Sometimes, according to the website.

Remember to bring your face covering with you. It will be required in all indoor spaces, on rides, and outdoors where 2 metres physical distance cannot be maintained (with limited exceptions, including Splash Works and water attractions). Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allow virus particles to escape. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few days ago, Canada's Wonderland announced on their Reservation page that Season Pass Holders will not need to make reservations for Fall daytime visits in September and October starting September 11th. But reservations for Pass Holders wishing to visit during Halloween Haunt at night will be required. This will make visiting the park in the Fall during the daytime a bit easier than it has been this summer! :)

• 3 weeks later...

They don't give you the glasses and have changed it to a 2d video... It's been that way since at least part way through 2019...

I prefer it, as the 3D glasses don't fit over my regular glasses that well... 

And without the 3D blur, the video is still fairly low quality...

25 minutes ago, Honorarius said:

They don't give you the glasses and have changed it to a 2d video... It's been that way since at least part way through 2019...

I prefer it, as the 3D glasses don't fit over my regular glasses that well... 

And without the 3D blur, the video is still fairly low quality...

They probably made that change cause of Covid19.  Although I think it's great how the park has made use of the mountain the ride itself for me is blah and overrated, particularly for the low ride capacity and long line.  First time I went on it I didn't know about that drop at the end so I took my then 9 year old son on it.  Lets just say he's 12 now and I just got him to go on Ghoster Coaster again.

• 2 months later...

A few days ago Canada's Wonderland released their operating calendar for the 2022 season. They have opening day set for Saturday,  April 30th! Looking at the months of July and August, it looks like they will be bringing back regular operating hours of 10am to 10pm daily! The calendar can be viewed on the park's website:)image.thumb.png.f4149b04ffb4b9e134f2a0ae002debd1.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, thirstydeer said:

So have you heard about the unsolicited bid from Sea World to buy Cedar Fairs?

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/the-seaworld-buy-out-of-cedar-fair-just-took-an-interesting-turn

What do you think about it?  How do you think it'll affect Canada's Wonderland?  Is it good for us or not?

See the in depth discussion we already had here.

They are doing a pass member preview the Sunday prior to opening week, April 24. Usually I couldn't care less because usually it's just a partial day thing, but they are actually open all day. Provided the border isn't having issues, I may end up going and suffer all the break downs lol.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/events/season-passholder-sneak-preview

I'm hoping they still do FL+ for the preview day, so I can get use out of that sweet sweet all season fast lane that got extended.