TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

12198d1fc86a0b92bf4b94bc599ba300.jpg

"f*ck Disney for putting a roller coaster through Mt. Everest. It really takes away from the picturesque mountain they have" ~ nobody, ever

That being said, I don't think it will be a record breaker. Which is absolutely fine. As much as I'd like to see a launched wing like Thunderbird and the track could potentially be for a wing (then again I don't know the exact measurements or the differences between the two), I think a dive would be more marketable... I think? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

b2e21026c1f3b07f38a0eaf82a90f9a3.jpg

Boooo hisssss

Edited by anonymouscactus

I feel like it could end up being a record breaker in terms of height of the drop. If the life is built going up the hill and the drop goes below the pond, it could really end up being quite the drop.

The enthusiast dream, I am hoping for the exact opposite, I much rather see a smaller drop, but instead stays lower to the ground and interacts with the surroundings while blending as well to make the ride look a lot better, as i have already said. I am curious why you would want a huge drop.

Where did I say I want a huge drop? I only said what I think it might end up being.

Put me down on the list for "would like a flyer". Something like that "Starry Sky ripper" or whatever it is called in China. The Theme park review team seemed to like that one on the videos.....definitely seems to have a bit of the insanity factor in there. My wife and I are big flyer fans, and still say "Tats uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!" in our bored moments,

CoasterBill.....let us know when you are coming up to Canada. You have deadpan sarcasm down pat extremely well, there must be some British blood in there. I'd share a bevvy or two discussing it with you.

I'm definitely more interested in the layout as a whole and how many inversions we get. I agree with nicman that a low to the ground coaster with a snappier than usual layout for dives would be very cool, but I'm not expecting it.

I agree with this the most. Especially since the the 3 (?) US B&M dive machines share somewhat similar layouts. They're all Lift -> Turn -> Hold -> Drop -> Inversion -> Another drop -> rest of the ride... I'd love to see something like Baron or Valkyria, in terms of layout.

I've only been on Griffon and Sheikra, and they're just great, but they kinda feel like they're all about the first drop, and nothing else. I'd never complain. But I'd like to see something a little different.

Yes... dive coasters focus heavily on the dive and not your personal wet dreams about having a Maverick beating terrain coaster at Canada's Wonderland. Brilliant observations everyone.

On that note...

CoasterBill.....let us know when you are coming up to Canada. You have deadpan sarcasm down pat extremely well, there must be some British blood in there. I'd share a bevvy or two discussing it with you.

Sounds like a plan. Cheers. lol

Just to confirm, have we consensus narrowed this down to Dive Coaster Track (being realistic), or are Wing Coaster/Floorless a possibility?

I would think either of the second would be a better fit here. They have two massive, steep and fast B&M already, but both of their loopers are fairly weak, any other park of this size would have something smooth from B&M already that goes upside down 6-8 times. Launching either of those styles would be icing.

If it is a dive I personally hope they do go with the "Air Beast" Theming and complete the trio. Inserting my personal preference, I would also hope it offers something substantial that Dive Coasters haven't done before or is a longer experience.

CWs president did say we were getting something very special. I would translate it to mean a one of a kind type attraction or just a record breaker somehow.

The park president would say that a new Snoopy nighttime show is "very special". Nobody should put any stock into what PR people or high ranking park executives say. That doesn't mean Wonderland won't get something awesome (it seems like they will), but they would say that no matter what.

CWs president did say we were getting something very special. I would translate it to mean a one of a kind type attraction or just a record breaker somehow.

The park president would say that a new Snoopy nighttime show is "very special". Nobody should put any stock into what PR people or high ranking park executives say. That doesn't mean Wonderland won't get something awesome (it seems like they will), but they would say that no matter what.

If I am not mistaken, I believe it is Dave Phillips, Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Canada's Wonderland who is saying all of this, not the president of the park.

Anybody that works for any park, but most especially marketing people, should be hyping up any addition big or small. If not they are not doing their job. Of course they're all going to say every addition is very special. Do you think Dorney would come out and say "We're just putting a new catering pavilion, its no big deal, nothing to be excited about".

Anybody that works for any park, but most especially marketing people, should be hyping up any addition big or small. If not they are not doing their job. Of course they're all going to say every addition is very special. Do you think Dorney would come out and say "We're just putting a new catering pavilion, its no big deal, nothing to be excited about".

Of course they are going to try to hype up any addition as much as possible. That is their job and they do it wonderfully! That is why I love amusement park marketing! I hope to get into it myself one day soon!

Do you think Dorney would come out and say "We're just putting a new catering pavilion, its no big deal, nothing to be excited about".

Six Flags definitely would. "We're working on a less complicated system for catering, but if you really want to you can purchase more expensive catering (pay more money for catering) now through our current complicated system!"

So CedarFair1 has been doing more coverage of the construction on his instagram (canadaswonderlandfan). In his more recent coverage he has noticed that they're dogging and pouring concrete right in the middle of Vortex's helix. Seems possible that's where the tunnel entrance/exit could be, which is neat. Of course, I don't know anything about landscaping or concrete, so it might not mean that at all, but it sure sounds cool.

Coming to Canada's Wonderland in 2019...

Double, Double the Dive Coaster.

Hop on in and lock yourself in for the the most exiting Canadian drive thru experiences as you start your journey diving into a Tim Hortons drive thru as you pick up your double double on your journey to save a moose and end the journey stopped on the break run themed to the highway 401 stand still traffic! End your experience in our gift shop called “Ontario government” where you’re not allowed to leave till you buy water and pay for heating and electricity!

b2e21026c1f3b07f38a0eaf82a90f9a3.thumb.jpg.742d2993454f2f0da09013c68fa0557b.jpg

Polar Vortex haha... but I doubt they will change the name... that logo is iconic and very 90s.

I thought about this before... The Fly is in the same area too, I would want it repainted and called Wild Moose.

Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon are already similar in theme... that would just leave Action Theatre. I don't know what you would call that, but it doesn't really fit it's surroundings. Frontier Cinema? Nordic Theatre?

Polar Vortex haha... but I doubt they will change the name... that logo is iconic and very 90s.

I thought about this before... The Fly is in the same area too, I would want it repainted and called Wild Moose.

Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon are already similar in theme... that would just leave Action Theatre. I don't know what you would call that, but it doesn't really fit it's surroundings. Frontier Cinema? Nordic Theatre?

Wild Moose is clever. Maybe they can slap on some new paint, and mount moose antlers on the train. Then maybe deck it out with a nice Canadian theme in the que and around the ride too.