TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^Yes, but you're probably in the minority.

I was recently in New York City Times Square... there is an American Eagle billboard that displays your photo for 15 seconds, and let me tell you, there wasn't a time where you couldn't hear a group of people screaming and jumping when their picture came up... It's been super sucessful there, and if it could potentialy increase the amount of photos taken and sold In the park then why would it be a bad idea?

Anyone else think it would be a cool idea that if Wonderland were to bring back the show, actual guests who visited the park during that day could be in the show??? The employees with the cameras at the front of the park could say "Get your picture taken and you could be in tonight's Starlight Spectacular show!!!". And before the show starts, someone can put some of the pictures from the day into the show. It would probably increase the # of pictures taken at the front entrance and I'm sure people would love to see their faces on Wonder Mountain.

Cool idea???

Disney does this nightly and its actually incredibly stupid in my opinion. Its often difficult to make out the picture and even then, I don't care at all of seeing pictures of other people.

I know that and i don't quite find it stupid. I would actually just go to the park every few days just to get my face on the mountain even if it were for 3 seconds. I also has some free time on my hands so i submitted the idea to Tantrum......just in case.

I think that's a great idea, but for the post-show.

I'm looking forward to some tweaking of the show for next year, especially since I'm not really a fan of the way the show starts. After the Fireflies beginning was moved to the post-show (because people thought it was boring and started leaving), it feels like the show starts somewhere in the middle. I thought it would be a neat idea to bring in the Peanuts characters to introduce the show. What if Charlie Brown showed up at the top of the mountain turning a valve as the falls are gradually slowing to a trickle? Then other characters come out creating a dialogue, calling him a block head and such, to give the falls some time to stop. Then it could start raining or something so they all run away and the show starts with the volcano scene.

^that would be an awesome show....will it every happen....probably not. The fact of turning on and off the falls would need spot on timing because to turn on the falls, u have to turn on the pumps which could take a few seconds while to turn them of u would need to shut off the pumps and wait till enough water to over the edge for the water to level out and stop falling over the edge.

Can somebody explain how the first turnaround is a barrel roll again? It looks more like an overbank to me. Oh and does it count as an inversion?

I think I might've missed the memo on that.

I don't know why they are calling it that either. Perhaps they just wanted to change it up a little from the title of "overbank", make it sound a little more intense? *shrugs*.

I guess it really doesn't matter what they call it. It's just another way to bend a coat hanger.

It probably only confuses enthusiasts. I imagine the GP just accept "that is a barrel roll" and are done with it.

Edited by DougMJr

http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/public/latest/blog/2011/12/12/Continuing_the_Track_to_New_Heights.cfm

New Blog entry as well. It's amazing that they have 50% of the track installed and we're only half way through December. It's great knowing they got a great start prior to the winter months to ensure this beast opens on time.

http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/public/latest/

And they've updated the latest pictures along with putting them up on Facebook.