TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Very awesome tour... thanks guys!

On the topic of the chain lift from a couple pages back, do we actually know that the chain lift on this thing will be as slow as the "normal" B&M chain lifts? This is their first coaster of this kind, after all... so why not their first "faster" lift to go along with it! You'd think they would want it to be quicker anyways to keep the ride capacity reasonable.

One other question thing not specific to Leviathan but somewhat related... why does B&M always have the "fence" under the lift and brake runs? It is for safety to catch someone in the unfortunate event they might fall during an evacuation? No other manufacturer does this, correct?

^ You mean this?

I think it's only used for when the track is going over a public section like a midway, other ride, or public road. Take Goliath (below) for example. I'm pretty sure the sections of track that goes over the road has this fence maybe for safety? Just in case someone drops an item, the fence is used to possibly catch the loose items instead of them dropping onto a person below, but I may be wrong. It could just be B&Ms way of establishing that the ride is over something of importance.

xx.thumb.jpg.b0375388375cdf5006c6a0faffa29a9c.jpg

Edited by Bryce232

^^This is in no way an official answer, but I'd guess it is there to catch anything that could fall during these parts. People on the ride are most likely to have things out during these parts of the ride as well as maintenance workers. Having the nets stops anything from falling from these portions of the ride to the area below.

Edit: ^Beat me to it.

On the topic of the chain lift from a couple pages back, do we actually know that the chain lift on this thing will be as slow as the "normal" B&M chain lifts? This is their first coaster of this kind, after all... so why not their first "faster" lift to go along with it! You'd think they would want it to be quicker anyways to keep the ride capacity reasonable.

Seeing as the approx. ride time is 3:28, and the POV from top of lift hill to brakes is only 1:12 (though simulations aren't perfect), I'd say there's a good chance it'll be a slow lifthill.

Ya know, I wouldn't be shocked if Dragon Fire is on the way out. I mean, look how much it is dominated!

The same kind of effect happened to Backlot when Behemoth came to town... and the overall appearance of the ride itself makes it look like it's in worse shape than Dragon Fire. I think the way that Leviathan stomps on Dragon Fire was kind of intentional.

On the topic of the lift hill speed, I don't think the speed will be increased for Leviathan. I'm sure by the time one train is off of the lift, they're going to have another one dispatch so the speed of the lift will have to be slow enough to allow the first train to run through the course by the time the next one is nearing the top.

Seeing as the approx. ride time is 3:28, and the POV from top of lift hill to brakes is only 1:12 (though simulations aren't perfect), I'd say there's a good chance it'll be a slow lifthill.

That time includes dispatch/loading time, which could take a 1:30. I think the lift should be around a minute long since the newer B&M hypers go up their steep lifts fairly fast.

so far, it looks like a really big B&M. How many pictures of the drop can we take? lol

Um, why the f**k are you being so rude???? I'm honestly shocked that someone would be complaining after posting an awesome update like that.

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it!

So the charity auction. As with Dinosaurs showing up briefly before being announced (maybe for testing?), it's not meant to be active yet as details are not yet fully finalized. Expect an announcement in the new year with that page going live and the auction most likely starting a week or two before opening day.

It was a very nice event back in 2008. It took place just before the park opened for season pass preview night, similar to is an ERT session. Of course we were able to bring a friend or family member and received some goodies and dinner at The Marketplace.

^^^That's very astute of you. To answer your question, the possibilities are endless. Just wait until we get started on the rest of the ride

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

I am really intrigued with what the themeing will end up being but how cool would some sort of Leviathan type statue / fountain be?

The theming will be called "Dinosaurs Alive!".

And everyone always says Cedar Fair doesn't theme!!! This is more extensive than even Disney!!!

Thanks for the update and braving the mud! The pictures of the lift give me a small amount of vertigo, I also love how there is no support at the apex of the lift hill making it seem that much taller and more precarious.

Does anyone know if those trees are staying?