TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

They sure could have used a few more mock up pictures from different angles or an animated clip of the ride in operation to get the point across. In today's marketing age you think who ever handled this would have looked at new ride announcements from other companies over the last few years and got a better idea on how to do this announcement. But it does look like a Revolution 20 though with some really good theming (so good you can't even recognize the ride at first ). And with NU's track record it should look great and fit in with the rest of the park just in time for the busy holiday shopping season.

The skyline of Nickelodeon Universe® is about to drastically change with the addition of Shredder’s Mutant Masher.

I love the skyline of Nickelodeon Universe. Especially from the parking lot...

Haven't been to MOA since 2008, but it sounds like a lot has changed! Hope to come back some day.

It sounds like it's a Chance Revolution. Definitely looking forward to riding this next time I'm at Nickelodeon Universe since I'm a fan of these frisbee-style rides.

Looks like the twenty-seat version.

I'm hoping to hit this park in late August. Any advice on my best way to do it? And be cost-effective?

Get an all day ride wrist band but be sure to stop at a subway restaurant first. They have coupons for $7 off a wrist band.

Pretty much every company has a knock off of the KMG fireball (which is licensed to Chance to sell as the revolution as a park model only), so it's possible it's from another manufacturer as well.

Pretty much every company has a knock off of the KMG fireball (which is licensed to Chance to sell as the revolution as a park model only), so it's possible it's from another manufacturer as well.

It's from Chance. There's information about the new ride in our rides office and it states it's from Chance Rides.

I'm hoping to hit this park in late August. Any advice on my best way to do it? And be cost-effective?

Get an all day ride wrist band but be sure to stop at a subway restaurant first. They have coupons for $7 off a wrist band.

Those coupons are not in the MOA Subways, though.

• 1 month later...
Are the rides open during the weekday in October? If so, what rides should I check out?

Nickelodeon Universe is open every day year-round except for a few holidays. My personal favorite rides are Avatar Airbender, Spongebob Rock Bottom Plunge, Fairly Odd Coaster, Brain Surge, and TMNT Shell Shock. Log Chute is also pretty good.

Make sure to ride all the major coasters, the Log Flume, Shell Shock, and the, Tumbler (I think it is called the Atomic Collider or something of the sorts).

I would recommend going to Brain Surge at opening, because it takes forever to load and unload.

IMO the best ride in the park is the Log Flume, so make that a high-priority when you are at the park.

If you're going when school is in session on a offpeak weekday Sept-Feb the place will be absolutely dead. When this happens they will rotate ride ops between rides so watch out for this and plan your riding accordingly. That being said you won't wait more than one cycle for just about everything so the amount of rides won't ever be a problem.

I always liked visiting here in Mid-Feb when you're just itching to ride something for an afternoon when the regular season is still a ways off. No lines and plenty of fun when you bring some friends. Since you won't spend all day there I'd also recommend walking around the mall, eating tons at the food court and visiting the aquarium.

If you're going when school is in session on a offpeak weekday Sept-Feb the place will be absolutely dead. When this happens they will rotate ride ops between rides so watch out for this and plan your riding accordingly. That being said you won't wait more than one cycle for just about everything so the amount of rides won't ever be a problem.

I always liked visiting here in Mid-Feb when you're just itching to ride something for an afternoon when the regular season is still a ways off. No lines and plenty of fun when you bring some friends. Since you won't spend all day there I'd also recommend walking around the mall, eating tons at the food court and visiting the aquarium.

How long are the rides close for when they rotate between rides?

Normally Log Chute and Rock Bottom Plunge, and Fairly OddCoaster stay open all day. The others are in packages of 3 where they run for 20 and sit out for 40.

Example:

10:00-10:20: Pepsi Orange Streak

10:20-10:40: Crazy Cars

10:40-11:00: TNMT Shell Shock

11:00-11:20: Pepsi Orange Streak