TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millennium Force top speed

This seems like the easiest question, but what exactly IS Millennium Force's top speed, and why can't cedar Point even stick with a number. On my MF t-shirts it says that it is 92 Miles per hour top speed, on the website it says 92 miles per hour, but on the same website it also says it goes 93, and on RCDB it says 93mph. So here's the list of conflicts

Says 92 mph:

Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJGiaFpBdpQ

one shirt: http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/rrrage/IMGA0112.JPG

website "Speed 92 mph (approximately)"

Says 93:

One t-shirt: http://www.cfmarketplaces.com/stores/stores/1/images/16579image.jpg

website: "his colossal coaster looms an incredible 310 feet above the ground and reaches a top speed of 93 mph!"

rcdb: http://www.rcdb.com/id594.htm

Can someone PLEASE clarify at least WHY it says two different speeds. Or clarify that maybe in metric, it's really 92.49 maybe? This has been bugging me since practiclly the day it opened, i even almost got into a fight at gadv regarding the speed of Millennium Force.

-Thank you to whomever replies

P.S. I did search for this, and i wasn't able to find it, if this is a repeat, I'm sorry

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Situation #1: A bunch of fat people fill a train. Train goes FAST!

Situation #2: They run the train empty for morning testing. Train goes SLOW.

It all depends on the weight of the train. Every ride will have a different speed, its never the same. As to why they don't market it as one number, I'm not sure.

The official top speed is 93 mph. The designed speed was 92 mph, so pretty much all of their shirts and info from 2000 has 92 on it. However, when Steel Dragon 2000 opened, CP hired a company to officially measure the top speed and heigh of MF (likely in an attempt to keep the world record) and it was determined that it's top speed is 93 mph. So, ever since then, everything has 93 mph on it or listed.

And to confirm my coaster nerdness, here's the article taken from ultimaterollercoaster.com, which for whatever reason I have remembered through the years:

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/august00/stories/082100_02.shtml

From a technical POV a +/- 1 MPH top speed difference is pointless and the top speed cannot even be predicted that precisely. There are design parameters you work with but engineering is not an exact science, kinetic energy losses are evaluated based on model computations and empirical results and that can't be done with an extremely high precision (i.e. leading to speed uncertainities in the MPH range).

The only speed you can (more or less) control is a final launch speed but it depends on the launch system perfomance (speed regulation accuracy if applicable).

i even almost got into a fight at gadv regarding the speed of Millennium Force.

I know we're all really into coasters and everything but can we try and act normal once in a while?

I meant the actual speed, and sicne the coaster engineers don't use the English system, that maybe they just rounded to whatever they felt like.

As for the above statement, He was about to punch me... And probably would've if i had on my other Millennium Force shirt that says it goes 92mph.

In conclusion, Does everyone agree with what was stated above, That it was thought to be 92, but now after tests it was 93?

But if it was just to compete with Steel Dragon.. is it REALLY 93? or did they just get away with it by rounding so it would be i guess closer to teh speed of Steel Dragon 2k

In conclusion, Does everyone agree with what was stated above, That it was thought to be 92, but now after tests it was 93?

But if it was just to compete with Steel Dragon.. is it REALLY 93? or did they just get away with it by rounding so it would be i guess closer to teh speed of Steel Dragon 2k

The difference between 92 and 93 is only what Cedar Point markets the ride as.

The actual speed will vary depending on temperatures and load. When it's cold it might not even hit 92. And when it's hot out it might get over 93.

TTD for instance doesn't always go at the marketed speed of 120 mph. I've seen it launch many times as high as 125 mph.

As for the above statement, He was about to punch me... And probably would've if i had on my other Millennium Force shirt that says it goes 92mph.

What's wrong with the people in New Jersey if someone would hit you because of a difference of 1mph on some geek stat??

The speed isn't 92 MPH. It isn't 93 either. It's 152 MPH, making it the fastest coaster on the planet by far. Shocking but true. Go there with a speed radar gun and find out for yourself. Of course, Cedar Point has been forced by the US Government to put an anti-radar wave grid around MF, so it's impossible to get an accurate read. You'll get wonky numbers like 45 and 358 mph. This is because of the grid.

Cedar Point had to comply with the US Government's demands because it was discovered Intamin sold secret torture making technology to Saddam Hussein and the Iraq government somewhere around 1992. Flashback was actually commissioned to be Saddam's personal torture roller coaster, but he didn't pay Intamin in time, so it was sold to Six Flags.

When the government found out about Intamin's nefarious activities, they tried to get MF cancelled. However, the coaster was already built and testing, so they forced Cedar Point to downplay the stats of the ride. They also quickly contracted out Steel Dragon 2000 (to ARROW, an AMERICAN company) so it could beat MF's height record.

Think this is a bunch of conspiracy theory bullshit? Well, think about all of the "accidents" on Intamin coasters after the year 2000. Think they are just random? WRONG. The US Government is personally trying to sabotage Intamin any way they can.

All I can say is: Stay away from Maverick next year, if you value your life.

The speed isn't 92 MPH. It isn't 93 either. It's 152 MPH, making it the fastest coaster on the planet by far. Shocking but true. Go there with a speed radar gun and find out for yourself. Of course, Cedar Point has been forced by the US Government to put an anti-radar wave grid around MF, so it's impossible to get an accurate read. You'll get wonky numbers like 45 and 358 mph. This is because of the grid.

Cedar Point had to comply with the US Government's demands because it was discovered Intamin sold secret torture making technology to Saddam Hussein and the Iraq government somewhere around 1992. Flashback was actually commissioned to be Saddam's personal torture roller coaster, but he didn't pay Intamin in time, so it was sold to Six Flags.

When the government found out about Intamin's nefarious activities, they tried to get MF cancelled. However, the coaster was already built and testing, so they forced Cedar Point to downplay the stats of the ride. They also quickly contracted out Steel Dragon 2000 (to ARROW, an AMERICAN company) so it could beat MF's height record.

Think this is a bunch of conspiracy theory bull$#!%? Well, think about all of the "accidents" on Intamin coasters after the year 2000. Think they are just random? WRONG. The US Government is personally trying to sabotage Intamin any way they can.

All I can say is: Stay away from Maverick next year, if you value your life.

Except Steel Dragon 2000 was built by Morgan, not Arrow. Also, if Steel Dragon 2000 was decided on by the US goverment, why didn't they build it in a US park?

Of course, I didn't believe you anyway, and allthough you're story was interesting, I can't have people spreading misinformation. You see, I am a KGB agent hired by Intamin to brainwash the public into thinking that their rides are safe, and to sabotage US built rides.

Of course, do have any reason to believe me?

I bet they loaded up the train with ACErs before they took the accurate speed measurement. That was probably the last time the fatties got to ride.

How sad is it that my main reason for losing weight is not to be healthy and look good but so I can ride MF (and other Intamins)...

You see, I am a KGB agent hired by Intamin to brainwash the public into thinking that their rides are safe, and to sabotage US built rides.

"Trust no one" - Anton Schwarzkopf (before he was snuffed out by the B&M Mafia)

You see, I am a KGB agent hired by Intamin to brainwash the public into thinking that their rides are safe, and to sabotage US built rides.

"Trust no one" - Anton Schwarzkopf (before he was snuffed out by the B&M Mafia)

Anton Schwarzkopf (codename AS) is an Illuminati who faked his own death. He is hiding out in Moscow, and serves as one of Putin's most trusted advisors. In fact, none of his so-called coasters really exist. These "coasters" are just lies propagated by the gullible liberal media who hates America and yearns for its destruction.

^ I heard he's living with Tupac. Infact, if you take the lyrics from Tupac's last album and do a anagram of them, it has the exact future expansion plans of Knott's Berry Farm, all the way through 2012 (which is when the world will end).