TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

S:TE For Sale?

I agree that $125,000 sounds cheap but your going to pay 10 times that to remove, move and set the ride back up. If Six Flags doesn't make the price attractive, no one will buy it. From Six Flags point of view, it would give them a little cash and remove a lot of expense to operate it. The ride is pretty boring anyway so it wouldn't be a loss for MM.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the price sounds about right to me. It's outdated technology, an eyesore and takes a lot of upkeep to keep running effectively. If it is indeed that price, someone obviously wants to get rid of it and fast!

It's not like any "new owners" (as Robb says), are going to be the least bit concerned over what it cost to build, that's not their problem.

Besides, imo S:TE is the reason we got stuck with Goliath rather than an Intamin hyper! TAER IT DOWN!

^ Yes, but a very early, prototype version of it. Remember, S:TE opened a full YEAR late because of all the problems they had with the launch system. This was a couple years before Intamin really got their act together to become the big coaster powerhouse they are today, and they hadn't done anything like that before. Took 'em a few tries to get it right.

No one in their right mind would buy it, they could put it up for free and I still think anywould would want it...may be one of the worlds tallest but also one of the worlds tallest POS's. They'll be lucky to get rid of it for $20, considering pretty much everyone knows theyll be spending $120,000 in maintenence costs the first year they have the ride alone .

Stats are right....I dunno, if I was the "new owner" of SFMM, which it would appear will be announced soon, this is probably one of the rides I would look at getting rid of.

Seems to be an expensive maintenance headache and it's certainly not very popular with the public anymore....

Personally, if I was the "new owner" I'd scale back on the coasters in the park and focus more on quality instead of quantity. I would remove:

X

Viper

Deja Vu

Psyclone

Revolution

Superman

Flashback

Just my thoughts....

--Robb

I would have all those removed as well except for X and Revolution.

Keep Revvy simply because it is a classic, and it would be a good classic, imo, if it wasn't trimmed and they would remove those darn OTSR.

As for X, I personally enjoy it, though I would probably have it run on a set schedule, for example it would only run from April - October. Which would then give it 5 months in maintnance.

Other rides I would consider getting rid of would be the log flumes, Vertigo, maybe Ninja...., Scream would probably be relocated to Viper since I wouldn't even second guess the attractions removal. While it does get lines, I feel its mainly from riders who are unaware of the type of ride it is or people who have nothing better to do. ALong with that I would probably remove much of SFMM's flat rides and Bugs Bunny world and pretty much reformat the whole park.

Yea, I could definately see this place being a pretty good park if it was shut down for a year or 2, rides were removed, better ones were added, and staffing is at the level it should be.

And as for Superman, it really isn't that great of a ride. It's very low capacity, the operators are slow, the ride doesn't even go 100 mph anymore as far as I can tell, and even if it does go that fast, it doesn't feel like it compared to other rides such as Xcelerator or even Montezooma's revenge.

X

Viper

Deja Vu

Psyclone

Revolution

Superman

Flashback

Yeah, see i don't know about all of that. I would remove:

Flashback

Scream - Removed because it is similar to Mind Bender

De Ja Vu - Removed because of De Ja Vu with other parks.

Canyon Blaster- Removed to make way for better kiddie coaster

Psyclone- Removed to make way for new Woodie

I wouldn't remove X, because it i next Generation sort of Ride.

I wouldn't remove Superman, because, it is an iconic thing for the Park. maybe just drop the Superman theming, and take one of the tracks away.

I wouldn't remove Revolution, because it is Iconic for the entire world.

I know it is your opinion, and you know the park a lot better than i do, but i think this would be better.

Just for your information, Viper is 200 foot tall, 7 inversion monster with enough headbanging to scare off even the most hardened enthusist.

Discalaimer: I haven't actually ridden Viper, just it's sister GASM, which hurt like hell, so that is what I'm basing my opionion of Viper on.

I wouldn't get rid of X, I would work on it to keep it operating more often because it is the park's main attraction, the one most of the public want to ride and certainly the only reason I would go SFMM.

Superman Escape is an eyesore, has high maintenance costs, and just plain sucks - it has to go. I would keep the ice cave tunnel though, it's a very nice place to go on a hot sunny day - I think it is the only reason people go on the ride. That noise it makes - it must be a big distraction to the life guards at hurricane harbour.

Flashback is a lawn ornament, and psychlone is just plain wrong - they can go. I'd keep everything else, maybe just look after them better.

I'm sure it's fake, but it would be interesting to see SFMM without Superman... If they ever did get rid of it, I would like to see an Intamin rocket coaster in it's place... It could be painted red, blue, and yellow... and there you have it - new Superman ride! Plus, If the other rocket coasters are anything like Xcelerator, then the ride would be smoother, more intense, and more fun that S:TE anyway...

I wouldn't mind...

They should put it up on the Stratosphere...

Quite honestly, if this ride went, as well as psyclone and revolution, I wouldn't care. Superman has no thrill factor anymore (I have friends who were terrified of going on it, and she thought it was boring), and the other two are downright PAINFUL. I mean, Revolustion is pathetic now, the way they've butchered it.

Viper really isn't bad iof you are taller than the restraints, in fact, it is awesome!

X, well, I wouldn't mind it going, but I don't really care either way, as it really is not worth the wait. Maybe they could replace Canyon Blaster with a decent kiddie coaster...

But, anyway, I say they should sell it, as it is the ride with the least point, and its time has passed.

Here are my picks for rides to leave the park

X

Superman

Psyclone

Deja vu (for another Six Flags park)

Viper

Flashback

Besides that, it would be good to replace Superman but it would be a huge

money issue taking the ride out. But I still think they should take it out though.

Just for your information, Viper is 200 foot tall, 7 inversion monster with enough headbanging to scare off even the most hardened enthusist.

Discalaimer: I haven't actually ridden Viper, just it's sister GASM, which hurt like hell, so that is what I'm basing my opionion of Viper on.

Not only is it extremely stupid to point out facts that are NOT true (IIRC Viper's height is 188', with a 170' drop), giving an opinion of how a ride is, having never ridden it is asinine.

As for being it's sister, the only thing they really had in common were the 7 inversions. One was built for the terrain, the other, a parking lot.

So, your opinion is COMPLETELY invalid.

Have a nice day.

JJ

i really doubt we will ever see the departure of X, not for a while at least. As for revolution, it wont dissapear. Its not extremely popular but it makes for a fun ride (see who can get a concussion first?). It would be nice, however, if they could remove the shoulder restraints. They really suck and they arent needed at all. Deja Vu i doubt will be gotten rid of anytime soon. Same with viper because it holds a record. (largest looping coaster ever created). Superman? i could live without it. Its fun, and to some small degree exciting, but it does drain up alot of energy and has extremely low capacity. Its no surprise that people are happy to see it be sold. Now we'll start arguing on what people think might be put in its place or what they would like to see there

First of all, that sounds VERY cheap to me, second of all, it may be as part of a "bundle" or something like that for the new owners of the park, if they do sell it.

Second of all.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIITT!!! I NEED TO GET MY S:TE RIGHT CREDIT!!! I also need my X credit....I was SO close, but it broke down right before we went with my friend. I also need to get my Psyclone credit....>.<

Need me revolution credit too!

Flashback is just I don't think it will ever re-open and hope is completley lost for it.

I should be able to hit up the Mountain the winter break, which starts in a week! I'll give you an update on it then, I'll be bringing a camera.

~Mike