TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

You must admit that your posts do tend to have the air of ex cathedra with none of the infallibility.

And it's not just here in the SDC thread. If you take a look at some of his other post in other threads it's about the same. He talks like he runs the parks and knows what's going on "behind the scenes" of every park. (With no credibility.)

Examples:

From the WOF Thread:

It also helps that we have a new PR person now. Eric reminds me a lot of Brandon. Very passionate and excited about the job. Racheal unfortunately was more interested in other things besides doing her job. Not sorry that she is gone.

From the VF thread:

You're not getting an RMC. I'm not even sure you'll get a B&M at this point.

I could go on like this all day, but I have to get to class. However, people in the other threads also get annoyed at him acting, and posting like he knows everything going on at every park, again, with no credibility.

Do like I'm learning to do and just ignore his post.

Don't be mad at him just because he has connections that you don't. If you haven't noticed, what he says is usually pretty accurate and if what he says doesn't happen it is because things change ALL the time in the amusement industry. He doesn't just make up what he says.

Don't be mad at him just because he has connections that you don't.

I'm not mad that someone may or may not have connections that I don't have.

. . . and if what he says doesn't happen it is because things change ALL the time in the amusement industry. . .

Well if that's the case, I'm going to start saying that I have sources at every park and my sources say the park is getting a 2,000 ft tall, launched, RMC, inverted, polar coaster... and when it doesn't happen I'm just going to say "Oh well, things change all the time in the amusement industry."

I will say I have from a reasonably reliable source that Herschend went to ride Fury 325 and loved it and whatever they're doing the GOAL with this new attraction is national attention. We may possibly be looking at a giga. Maybe not and only the park knows right now. but we do know its the largest investment in park history so far and SDC does good work so it's gonna be great either way! I will say this person told me SDC was building a wood coaster that goes upside down several years back and I screamed BS and had to eat my words so well see. . .

A few years ago it was said that HFEC officials went to check out Blue Fire and were impressed with it as well. I'm sure they are well versed in the latest attractions, but it still all comes down to what they think they can market best. A giga coaster would be beyond exciting for us, but there's got to be a hundred options on the table that would give better ROI right now.

Personally, I'm just waiting for some dirt to turn before I let my imagination run too wild.

. . . and if what he says doesn't happen it is because things change ALL the time in the amusement industry. . .

Well if that's the case, I'm going to start saying that I have sources at every park and my sources say the park is getting a 2,000 ft tall, launched, RMC, inverted, polar coaster... and when it doesn't happen I'm just going to say "Oh well, things change all the time in the amusement industry."

At least his claims are realistic.

PhantomPoster32 could have ins within the chain, and that's fine. The problem is, they can't prove anything because A) developments are subject to change and B) this industry tries its hardest to be very secretive until official announcements are made. Regardless of how many "connections" or "credibility" an anonymous poster on the Internet has, anything that they say has to go firmly in the "speculation" camp until it's been proven officially, regardless of how accurate it ends up being in the future.

At the worst, it's just more to add to the discussion...

PhantomPoster32 could have ins within the chain, and that's fine. The problem is, they can't prove anything because A) developments are subject to change and B) this industry tries its hardest to be very secretive until official announcements are made. Regardless of how many "connections" or "credibility" an anonymous poster on the Internet has, anything that they say has to go firmly in the "speculation" camp until it's been proven officially, regardless of how accurate it ends up being in the future.

At the worst, it's just more to add to the discussion...

Perfectly said.

I will say I have from a reasonably reliable source that Herschend went to ride Fury 325 and loved it and whatever they're doing the GOAL with this new attraction is national attention. We may possibly be looking at a giga. Maybe not and only the park knows right now. but we do know its the largest investment in park history so far and SDC does good work so it's gonna be great either way! I will say this person told me SDC was building a wood coaster that goes upside down several years back and I screamed BS and had to eat my words so well see. . .

A few years ago it was said that HFEC officials went to check out Blue Fire and were impressed with it as well. I'm sure they are well versed in the latest attractions, but it still all comes down to what they think they can market best. A giga coaster would be beyond exciting for us, but there's got to be a hundred options on the table that would give better ROI right now.

Personally, I'm just waiting for some dirt to turn before I let my imagination run too wild.

Yes. Brad and Nick both went to tour the Mack plant and then visited Europa Park to ride blue fire. Someone else mentioned Fury325 - yes, they went to check that out earlier last season. Park reps visit other parks all the time - not sure how much you can read into those visits.

It wasn't referencing the quoted section - only the applied to that.

It was a general comment referencing the practice of people who do have internal sources or are privy to insider information are usually respectful of those sources and remain mum on the subject. Usually.

I feel it's pretty applicable to the discussion over the last few pages.

Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know.

I feel like this should be the motto of this thread until anything is actually CONFIRMED by a reliable source.

^ You seem awfully determined to blab as much as you possibly can, and then spend a lot of time justifying why people should listen to you.

Professional troll??

Joking aside, what do we have confirmed so far? I'm ready for SDC's next installment!

Nothing (about 2017) that I can find anywhere. The only thing we have that is supposedly "confirmed" is the word of some random person on the internet.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

^ So far, it's confirmed that the park will open on 3/12, that this will be the last year for World Fest, that there will be Father's Day and Mother's Day specials and a Founders' Weekend.

Nothing about 2017 is confirmed.

Why do so many people on these threads just keep feeding the trolls? This "PhantomPoster" guy/gal clearly is craving attention or validation. As if the screen name shouldn't be a tip off of their intentions...

YOU ALL NEED TO KNOCK IT OFF IN THIS THREAD. THE MODERATORS HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS THREAD, AND I WILL REMIND YOU EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINIONS.

If you want to disagree with Phantom Poster posts that is fine, but disagree with the opinion not the person. When someone states something will or will not happen, take it with a grain of salt if there is no back-up to the claim. Most of the time these posts are opinion. Otherwise, if is poster has proof of something, he may not be at liberty to share. Whether someone's thoughts are based on observations of a park's environment or industry trends, they are opinions. Whether someone makes a succinct post without details or a verbose one with back-up it is still an opinion. There is a difference between saying "Park A is not going to get Ride B" and "I know for a fact that Park A is not going to get Ride B because...". Let's not attack someone personally, rather keep the comments limited to the writer's opinion. Most of us don't know each other outside the forums, and let's not speculate on motives and intent.

Over time, we are learn who are trolls, posers or credible sources of information. In the interim, keep the conversations going.

YOU ALL NEED TO KNOCK IT OFF IN THIS THREAD. THE MODERATORS HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS THREAD, AND I WILL REMIND YOU EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINIONS.

If you want to disagree with Phantom Poster posts that is fine, but disagree with the opinion not the person. When someone states something will or will not happen, take it with a grain of salt if there is no back-up to the claim. Most of the time these posts are opinion. Otherwise, if is poster has proof of something, he may not be at liberty to share. Whether someone's thoughts are based on observations of a park's environment or industry trends, they are opinions. Whether someone makes a succinct post without details or a verbose one with back-up it is still an opinion. There is a difference between saying "Park A is not going to get Ride B" and "I know for a fact that Park A is not going to get Ride B because...". Let's not attack someone personally, rather keep the comments limited to the writer's opinion. Most of us don't know each other outside the forums, and let's not speculate on motives and intent.

Over time, we are learn who are trolls, posers or credible sources of information. In the interim, keep the conversations going.

^^^^^^^^^Agreed