TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

A lot of numbers pulled out of thin air in regards to estimates about where CP's crowd comes from. Only real factual evidence that we can rely on is that Michigan does indeed blow.

Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

I'm enjoying this Michigan vs Ohio thing way too much.

Enjoy your corn, Ohio.

4/5 Great Lakes do prefer Michigan...

I definitely dig the idea of a dive machine, I really like them... but I hope that track isn't for Cedar Point. Floorless trains and four inversions is similar enough to rougarou, the slightly unpronounceable predicted name doesn't help differentiate it, and now the track is basically the same color? The height and the drop are about to be the only differentiation this coaster has... right across the midway.

I'm with you 100% on this! I don't have anything against a Dive Machine either, and will definitely be happy with it, if that's what it ends up being. But for the reasons you stated, plus a few others, I just feel like it's superfluous given what CP already has. Considering what they don't have, that they could put in that spot, is what makes a Dive Machine seem like a let-down, even though it would still be awesome.

Or maybe KD. There was a rumor that something from B&M would replace Shockwave. I don't see it as likely, though, due to the small footprint that SW covers.

Besides, I'm still half-expecting the bomb to be dropped that the track we're seeing is for a major new coaster for Canada's Wonderland, and CP is going to get that Dark Ride/Coaster in 2016!

If this ends up going to Cedar Point I think it's going to look great. Even though it's orange. . . And there are "way to many coasters at Cedar Point that are the same color" . . . It's going to be a great addition to the parks skyline, and the track is so large that it is unique enough for it to stand out from the other coasters there.

No one complained we SheiKra was built even though it is a similar color to Scorpion. Just saying.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

If this ends up going to Cedar Point I think it's going to look great. Even though it's orange. . . And there are "way to many coasters at Cedar Point that are the same color" . . . It's going to be a great addition to the parks skyline, and the track is so large that it is unique enough for it to stand out from the other coasters there.

No one complained we SheiKra was built even though it is a similar color to Scorpion. Just saying.

With the color scheme comment, he's just referring to the fact that Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, and Blue Streak have relatively similar color schemes, as do Maverick, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster, and Magnum. By my count, that's 4 blue and 4 red.

With the color scheme comment, he's just referring to the fact that Gatekeeper, Millennium Force, Corkscrew, and Blue Streak have relatively similar color schemes, as do Maverick, Iron Dragon, Top Thrill Dragster, and Magnum. By my count, that's 4 blue and 4 red.

How dare you forget Pipe Scream

I think the plant is getting smarter. No one has gotten a single peak at the tags on these pieces.

Who ever took the pictures was on the public road. To get a picture of the tags, they would need to trespass onto the property.

I think the plant is getting smarter. No one has gotten a single peak at the tags on these pieces.

Who ever took the pictures was on the public road. To get a picture of the tags, they would need to trespass onto the property.

You mean like they've done for damn near every other coaster to be made in the plant?

I'll call that a coaster when Bieber comes out

You mean like they've done for damn near every other coaster to be made in the plant?

Yes. Trespassing isn't a new thing at the factory.

Lord we can only hope!

Lord we can only hope!

Kind of a Pipe Scream-Bieber paradox. With PS, we know its not s coaster, but a lot of people think it is. With JB, we know he IS, but everyone thinks he isnt.

This is kinda out of the blue but I'm planning on going to Cedar Point this August, and I was wondering if you all had any recommendations (best seats to ride in, which rides to go on first, etc.) because I would like to get the most out of my visit there. I will be staying for two days. Thanks! I can't wait to go!

This is kinda out of the blue but I'm planning on going to Cedar Point this August, and I was wondering if you all had any recommendations (best seats to ride in, which rides to go on first, etc.) because I would like to get the most out of my visit there. I will be staying for two days. Thanks! I can't wait to go!

Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Raptor and Gatekeeper are all best in the front seat. Magnum is best in the back car, row 2. For all the other roller coasters it doesn't matter as much where you sit.

Also, don't miss out on Blue Streak. It's Cedar Point's true hidden gem that is one heck of an airtime machine for its size.

The thing I love about Cedar Point is that other than Mean Streak, there is not one coaster in the whole park that isn't at least fairly enjoyable. It really is one of if not the best coaster collections in the U.S.

As far as strategy goes, Maverick has one of the lowest capacities in the park, so go to the back entrance next to soak city on one of your days and hit that first. Don't worry about hitting Raptor, Gatekeeper, or Wicked Twister until late in your days, as most people ride these first since they're right at the front gate.

One more thing. Take some time to enjoy the little details of the park like the fort on the frontier trail and the town hall museum in frontier town. There's a bunch of great CP memorabilia in there to check out.

If you have a platinum pass, take advantage of the early entry rides as well!

Hope you have a great trip!