TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Looks like a good addition to the park, but it's too bad it doesn't have traditional flume like vehicles with no restraints; the ride isn't that big.

I'd be willing to bet that the restraints (and previous lack thereof) were a huge factor in Cedar Point deciding to tear down their old log flume and then put this in.

People jump out of things with no restraints. They just do. And Cedar Fair is almost paranoid when it comes to rider safety. They hate those old log flumes, and have already torn out a couple of them.

/Someone's gonna tell me I'm wrong. I'm not, though.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

Looks like fun, but to be honest . . .I like the name Whyte Lightning WAY more than Shoot The Rapids.

STR gets the point across and is kinda fun, but it would be like naming a new roller coaster "Coaster with hills and inversions". You'll ride it anyway but tsk-tsk the name.

I'm always down with flume rides. This one looks pretty cool, but it lacks the old school flume in the air parts like on all of the old flume rides where you travel up high in the flumes (Yankee Clipper/Logger's Run @ PGA, Log Jammer @ SFMM).

Still looks fun, though.

People jump out of things with no restraints. They just do. And Cedar Fair is almost paranoid when it comes to rider safety. They hate those old log flumes, and have already torn out a couple of them.

I agree completely. You would think we'd be getting smarter as a society, but as we become more advanced we seem to need more technology to keep us from doing stupid things.

Looks like fun, but to be honest . . .I like the name Whyte Lightning WAY more than Shoot The Rapids.

STR gets the point across and is kinda fun, but it would be like naming a new roller coaster "Coaster with hills and inversions". You'll ride it anyway but tsk-tsk the name.

I completley agree. The name is pretty cheesey. Nevertheless, it looks pretty cool. I was hoping for a GCI and was not initally thrilled when they announced a water ride, but this is actually pretty impressive. I'm hoping they'll get some theming into that tunnel though

The park was dead two days ago. I was there for my birthday with some friends. Maverick, Millennium, TTD, Raptor, Maxair, Skyhawk, DT, Magnum, power tower, and Wicked Twister were walk ons.

I managed to sit in the front for TTD, Millennium Force, Maverick, and Wicked Twister.

TTD was down for about 15 minutes but there was never a line anyways. Wicked Twister broke down a few times and no one was in the station except for the good seat and the back seat.

I also got on Wave Swinger, Wildcat which had no line, and Iron Dragon.

Ride Count:

Millennium x3

TTD x4

Maverick x2

Raptor x2

Skyhawk x2

MaXair x2

Wildcat

Iron Dragon

Wicked Twister

Disaster Transport

Wave Swinger

Magnum

Power Tower- Green

------------------------------

Mean Streak, Gemini, Blue Streak, Corkscrew, the kiddie coasters, Mantis, and CCMR, and some other flats were closed.

All of the halloween stuff was setup. The longest line was for food.

Who needs ERT?

My favorite moment of 2004 was taking a boat around during Halloweekends when Paddlewheel was still open and literally not being able to see an inch in front of the boat. Scariest moment of my life not even seeing the sides (which is dangerous since it's not on a track and navigating the Millennium bridge is bad enough being able to see it and plenty of things to crash into, like the train tracks...) and the animations still chattering away in the distant fog. The air was deathly still that night and they turn the fog machines toward the lagoon if the trail gets too thick with fog so it all just hung over the water.

• 5 weeks later...

For those who havn't heard, Demon Drop will be moved to Knott's Berry Farm next year. Its on page two.

http://www.buenapark.com/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=1409

Knott’s Berry Farm will be replacing the existing “Screamin’ Swing” ride with “Demon Drop”,

in the area previously occupied by “Vertigo.” Demon Drop will be 131 ft. tall and consist of

a 4-person enclosure that rises on tracks to the top of a tower before descending into a

horizontal slide above the midway before returning to the starting point. Demon Drop

installation is scheduled to begin on January 4, 2010.

So get your final rides in! Unfortunately I didn't go on Demon Drop when I went to Cedar Point last year and i'm regretting it now. But maybe this will give us an idea of where they will expand in the future.

Awwwww, not Demon Drop! I've had many fun rides on that thing over the years... especially in the past few since basically no one rides it anymore so multiple rides in a row are not only a possibility but expected. Ah well, hope something worthwhile will go in in its place.