TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Trash Can: THE RIDE

"Cedar Point's once peaceful-but-plentiful trash cans have genetically mutated due to the exposure of discarded nuclear mustard. The toxic condiments have now emebeded into each of the trash can's DNA, and have now caused them to attack the humans of Cedar Piont in profusion.

You must now gather up a can-killing army battalion to fight against the mutant rubbish bins, and restore the serenity and joy at Cedar Point. The cans can only be rendered of thier hellish behavior by a mayonnaise-based antidote that can be shot from a mayo-pistol. The fate of Cedar Point is in your hands."

Did anyone else see that TV show "How Do They Do That?" which featured roller coasters in the second segment? It showed quite a few moments of Maverick construction. And while they were in some Cedar Point office, talking about coaster design, the camera panned across a blueprint for Maverick. In the very next shot, they showed another blueprint--it was an Intamin Ball Coaster.

Now, I'm not speculating or saying it's a rumor, but it made me go, "Hmm." Anyone else catch that?

I just don't see how this is different from the crazy rumors thread, as that's all it is until there's a press release or actual construction (Not just holes in the ground!) I used to be all about Cedar Point, but right now I'm much more interested in what Dollywood, Holiday World, Beech Bend, and Kennywood are putting in, as I'm more likely to go to these parks next year.

-James Dillaman

^ Yeah, too far for me, unless gas prices drop by about a dollar. Seriously, I doubt this attraction will be a coaster. Maverick was a pretty big attraction. Cedar Point needs flats, and TRUE family rides, so that's what I'm hoping. it'll probably turn out to be a new gift shop, though.

-James Dillaman

Think about it; after Millennium Force they didn't put anything in for the 2001 season. After Top Thrill Dragster they didn't put anything in for the 2004 season. I'm guessing that's because of the money they put into them - $25 million each. Since Maverick was $21 million, I doubt this construction will be anything big.

That would be interesting to see a Disko coaster at Cedar Point. I've never been there, but I've been on Survivor at Great America and it is lots of fun.

If it is a new coaster, Cedar Fair will probably advertise it like this:

NEW COASTER FOR 2008!

THE TALLEST IN THE WORLD! A WHOPPING 457 FEET!

THE FASTEST IN THE WORLD! ZOOM BY AT 129 MILES PER HOUR!

Lol

^ That's more of a Six Flags thing. When Cedar Point built Millennium Force, they beat the record by about 50 feet. Then when they built Top Thrill Dragster, they beat the record by about 100 feet, then theres all the other records that they have beaten by miles but i'm not going to list them all. Cedar Point doesn't add one more foot and one more mph, they blow the record away, then are beaten stupidly by Six Flags or other parks that add a few feet to their coasters.

I don't think this thread is pointless, it keeps people happy about what Cedar Point is doing next, and is exciting to guess (stupid or realistic) until they release the specs and stuff about what they are actually doing.

^Yes, even Criswell is impressed with your powers of prophecy, Rich.

LMAO!

Criswell: Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious Coasters. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of Cedar Points Roller Coasters from outer space?

If it is a ride at all, it will most likely be a family, or water ride to replace WWL as that is what all the rumors are stating.

I have been going to this park since I was twelve and CP has almost always sequenced a big coaster about every other year.

This year was Maverick (at a big price tag), so I'll be willing to bet a trash can that there isn't gonna be anything big and outrageous for '08!!!

I already hate this thread.

I couldn't agree more. Before I became an entusiast I really liked CP, but now do to crap conversations like this I dispise the place.

I won't say I despise the place, but all this talk does get annoying. With that said, I think a dark ride or a water ride would be the best way to go for 2008.

...now I'll wait and see before posting again in this thread.

To me, the purpose of a new attraction is to get new business. The locals are gonna come anyway. Maverick is too new and still has another year of newness to attract new people. There are a lot of people in the world who are just finding out about Maverick and who will probably make Cedar Point their destination for next year. So I doubt that whatever you all are seeing isnt a new coaster at allo. It wouldnt make financial sense at all. The amusement park industry is at a low rate now because people are becoming more sedentary and are becoming couch potatoes and everything is virtual or a gameboy and no one wants to get out in the element anymore and sweat by walking. I just dont believe monies will be spent at all on another big attraction in a while because CP doesnt have SFMM to compete with anymore. CP is the only coaster park left for people who are looking for thrills because SHAPIRO said no more coasters. For years SFMM was voted the best amusement park in America and then that stopped. If you all remember everytime CP got a new coaster SFMM got one. They were fighting for the title of the most Coasters in the world and SF has given up that fight.