TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Quite a few of Cedar Point's (I guess you could call them) third party food vendors are very good. Famous Daves, TGI Friday's, Pink's, Toft's, and Johnny Rockets all provide great food. I do agree that the basic food from the regular stands are nothing exceptional.

Let's not forget Skyline chili.

Food is pretty weak at Cedar Fair parks in general, and Cedar Point is no exception (but Knott's is).

Totally agree! The vendors aren't too bad, but Knott's is definitely the best of the bunch.

This just in...........

Winter Chill Out Winners

Tuesday, April 7th, 2015

At the Winter Chill Out event back in February, we announced that we'd be thanking participants for their donation with yet another perk - an invitation to our Rougarou media preview on Friday, May 8 for a select few.

The media preview is the media's first chance to experience Rougarou, plus they can record their rides on the coaster to share with viewers and readers.

But we need some riders to join in on the fun with them so they have people to talk to.

If you purchased a Winter Chill Out ticket, your name was added to our random drawing. If you purchased multiple tickets, you received one entry for every ticket purchased, making your chances better.

We couldn't invite everyone, so we had to narrow it down to 100 winners. Each winner can bring 1 guest to the media preview, scheduled for Friday, May 8 from 5 - 9 a.m. Yes, it's early.

If your name is here, no further action is necessary - just arrive at the park on Friday, May 8 and stop at the tollbooth for instructions. You'll be able to ride Rougarou many times, but keep in mind - it's a working media event, and there may be delays with live TV and such.

You cannot enter the parking lot any earlier than 4:30 a.m., so take in as much sleep as you can!

Congrats to the following guests who donated to Give Kids The World. For your reference, the group you signed up for on Winter Chill Out day is also listed:

Ardner, J. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Bartnik, R. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Bellamy, D. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Bierut, W. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Blanton, S. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Borgen, C. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Bower, K. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Boyd, S. 2015 GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Burian, N. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Buzzacco, A. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Campbell, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Carpenter, A. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Chambers, M. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Chapman, D. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Chatlos, T. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Chubokas, A. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Claus, A. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Conklin, C. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Corbin, B. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Dempsey, M. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Denekamp, J. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Dorsey, P. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Dundore, R. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Durkin, K. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Fairchild, S. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Fessler, R. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Finley, H. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Forsythe, K. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Franklin, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Gaughan, B. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Gifford, S. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Graham, T. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Gralak, J. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Guinther, R. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Gyolai, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Hammerhofer, J. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Hewitt, L. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Hipp, D. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Hollstein, K. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Hosier, M. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Jaksic, C. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Johnson, A. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Jones, K. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Joyce, S. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Jurovcik, H. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Keller, M. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Klausner, J. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Knapp, J. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Koscher, S. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Kunka, C. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Kussro, M. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Leach, M. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Lehr, B. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Lilly, Z. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Lindemann, J. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Magee, K. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Martel, R. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Mavis, K. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Mayes, R. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Mazurik, D. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

McMillan, B. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Meyer, S. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Millikin, G. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Mleuch, R. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Olson, H. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Parker, R. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Pavlik, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Phillips, R. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Potraza, J. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Powell, M. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Price, D. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Ries, B. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Rose, D. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Roth, N. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Rusetzke, C. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Ryan, P. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Sadlo, T. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Schaible, C. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Schindley, E. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Schmidt, W. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Schorr, J. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Sepchinski, J. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Shives, S. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Simko, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Smith, J. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Snyder, G. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Spielmaker, T. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Spring, A. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Stetson, M. GROUP 1 - 8:30 AM

Stevens, J. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Stiner, H. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Strohmeier, E. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Stubenvoll, C. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Thiede, T. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Thorne, J. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Vaszily, C. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Wald, D. GROUP 2 - 9:15 AM

Warg, T. GROUP 3 - 10:00 AM

Wilson, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Wozny, J. GROUP 4 - 10:45 AM

Looks like I will be going!

Quite a few of Cedar Point's (I guess you could call them) third party food vendors are very good. Famous Daves, TGI Friday's, Pink's, Toft's, and Johnny Rockets all provide great food. I do agree that the basic food from the regular stands are nothing exceptional.

^This. Although I cannot comment on Johnny Rockets, Chickie & Pete's or Toft's, you can't go wrong at Famous Dave's or TGI Fridays while at CP. I have had bad park food at other Cedar Fair parks and even worse food at some of the Six Flags parks - namely SFMM and SFGAdv. Also, I have found Cedar Point's famous french fry stands (Happy Friar, maybe?) by the Raptor and Gemini to always be good.

I think the park knows that food quality has been an issue in the past and it appears that they have been working to better that with some of the more recent additions mentioned above.

^Completely agreed. If you know where to go, CP's food is miles better than Great Adventure's.

I could have Chickie's and Pete's Crab Fries alone and would be happy...But Johnny Rockets is delicious and has good quality food. Tofts has ice cream that's to die for. All the other big name brands are also great.

Plus the handcut fries, cheese on a stick, taffy...even food I've had at other places in the park is better that what I've had at other parks.

^Completely agreed. If you know where to go, CP's food is miles better than Great Adventure's.

I could have Chickie's and Pete's Crab Fries alone and would be happy...But Johnny Rockets is delicious and has good quality food. Tofts has ice cream that's to die for. All the other big name brands are also great.

Plus the handcut fries, cheese on a stick, taffy...even food I've had at other places in the park is better that what I've had at other parks.

I second the endorsement of Chickie's and Pete's. They are the best fries I've ever had. If Cedar Point would open a Boardwalk Fries stand instead of selling them only out of that cart by the train station they'd be serious competition. Cheese on a stick is also one of my favorites, and the huge kosher dill pickles they used to serve on a stick. Now they just plop them into a hot dog tray. I guess some kid stabbed another kid with the stick and they felt compelled to discontinue using them.

I had the Chickie & Pete's crab fries at Dorney Park's water park and they were quite good, although I have yet to visit their restaurant at Cedar Point.

I guess that I was more interested in the Frontier Tavern and their craft beer selection last season!

I had the Chickie & Pete's crab fries at Dorney Park's water park and they were quite good, although I have yet to visit their restaurant at Cedar Point.

I guess that I was more interested in the Frontier Tavern and their craft beer selection last season!

Somehow I missed that last year. I'll have to rectify that when I go back in September. At that time they also have an interesting selection at Lusty Lil's, or wherever the "Edge of Madness" live show is performed. Hopefully they'll have some brand of Oktoberfest beers and not be charging $10 for them. We shall see.

Just looking at the dining locations at Cedar Point. Red Garter Saloon is the venue for the "Edge of Madness" show. Would the Frontier Tavern referred to in the quote be the Last Chance Saloon/Palace Theater by the Mean Streak? I definitely want to check it out this fall, being a connoisseur of fine beer.

I love Crab Fries but I think the best fries at Cedar Point are the Boardwalk Fries. It's kind of funny because the franchise is originally from Ocean City, Maryland where I consider them a crappy knockoff of Thrashers French Fries (a boardwalk staple in Ocean City and Rehoboth Beach) but when Thrashers isn't right across the boardwalk and they stand on their own they're pretty good fries.

I just wish they offered vinegar, bay seasoning and other spices like the Kings Island version does. They're pretty lame when you have to eat them plain.

Just looking at the dining locations at Cedar Point. Red Garter Saloon is the venue for the "Edge of Madness" show. Would the Frontier Tavern referred to in the quote be the Last Chance Saloon/Palace Theater by the Mean Streak? I definitely want to check it out this fall, being a connoisseur of fine beer.

Frontier Tavern is located in the first building on your left once you go through MF tunnel on the trail, if heading towards Maverick. It's the building that housed the wood carver for many years.

Frontier Tavern is located in the first building on your left once you go through MF tunnel on the trail, if heading towards Maverick. It's the building that housed the wood carver for many years.

I'll definitely check that out this September.

If you like beer Try The Great Lake Brew Co Beers if you can find them around the park its Made in Cleveland and great stuff!

I'm well acquainted with the offerings of the Great Lakes Brewing Company. I'm particularly fond of their Nosferatu. It's not available for very long, though.

^ I would approve of this!

I believe one place that sold Great Lakes is across from where Luminosity is held. It was about $7 for a 12 oz bottle, but they had several varieties (as well as wine). Not sure if it will remain there this year or not due to that area being cleared out for whatever is coming in the future.

They also had Dortmunder Gold at one of the concession stands over by Gatekeepers exit.

There are a lot of great choices in Grand Rapids Mi. Beer City!

Anyways, about this massive land clearing.....

Excuse me? Some of us farther south may take offense to that. Kalamazoo's craft brew scene is growing really fast and we already have Bells anchoring. Of course I'm just throwing a fun argument up...but between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, Southwest Michigan is truthfully beer heaven! Lets see more bars like the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange too. Nothing like grabbing an expensive beer for cheap because the market crashed (and Bells, Great Lakes, Founders and many other regional, national and international creations are featured there).

Anyway, yeah....back to this land clearing...you bring that Hofbrauhouse, I'll bring the money (and credit cards). Enough said!

But, in all honesty, I am expecting a Dive Coaster and am rather excited about it if it does come to fruition.

There are a lot of great choices in Grand Rapids Mi. Beer City!

Anyways, about this massive land clearing.....

Coming in 2020.............Hofbrauhaus Cedar Point!

Haha......They used to have a German themed buffet restaurant with that same name in the 80's.

what're they doing with the crane in that position?

I'm guessing they've assembled the largest seagull sh*t removing task-force known to man and are finally beginning the multi-phase, multi-year project of removing all of it.

... or you know, track work / inspections.