TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^great pics

Thank you!

On Google Street View from 2011, it's called "Frontier Heart & Home." On a picture I took last year, it's called "Toy Barn." I didn't go inside though so I don't know what was in there. I think I recall the candle shop being a little further back (northwest) on the trail.

Thanks! I was also thinking that the candle shop was back towards Maverick, but on the same side?

I saw you guys leave the line for Millenium Force that night. Super unfortunate that you chose to leave the line, as it reopened after about five minutes

I did hear the cheering right about the time we got up to the railroad and figured we left a bit too prematurely. Our thought was that we were going to get a ride in on Saturday night, but the line was too long (probably close to 45 minutes). Then we were going to go ride on Sunday but decided to head for home instead.

Not a big deal though as we are only about 3.5 hours from the park and had already been on it a few times this year and this undoubtedly won't be our last trip to CP this year.

Hope you enjoyed your ride! Was this your first visit to the park being from the UK? If so, what were your thoughts in general?

Hope you enjoyed your ride! Was this your first visit to the park being from the UK? If so, what were your thoughts in general?

Third visit, but first since 2005 and most definitely not our last. I'll be posting a full TR at some point when everyone is back from Scandi, but I can say we thought Cedar Point was a phenomenal way to end our trip - we would still be riding Millennium Force right now if we could. Other than the rain policy, there isn't a great deal to complain about - operations were good, nice atmosphere in the park, and we loved the new gemini midway.

This is probably just speculation or routine maintenance, but there are a few markings near the front of the park.

I was with Cedar Point News when he took this picture, so I can confirm that there are many markings like this in that area. They are all around the Point Pavilion, Raptor's exit, and the area near Raptor's photo booth and restrooms. They seem pretty frequent and spread out for just typical maintenance, but I guess only time will tell if these markings turn out to be something more.

Let the speculation begin. I don't know what to "hope" for. I think I am more excited to see what "new experience" cp can offer me!

Im at the park today and magnum's last car on one train is torn down to bare bones on the transfers. Anybody know whats going on?

Maintenance? Is the ride still operating?

Mangnum is operating right now on the live cam which is a miracle considering the fact that it's a little breezy today so the park decided to close pretty much everything. I guess you can't blame the park for their wind policy though, why would a park on a peninsula in the middle of one of the largest lakes in America consider wind when building new rides?

Third visit, but first since 2005 and most definitely not our last. I'll be posting a full TR at some point when everyone is back from Scandi, but I can say we thought Cedar Point was a phenomenal way to end our trip - we would still be riding Millennium Force right now if we could. Other than the rain policy, there isn't a great deal to complain about - operations were good, nice atmosphere in the park, and we loved the new gemini midway.

Cool...looking forward to your report!

How's the Slingshot progressing? I'm wondering if they are still expecting to be done by the end of June...

Edit: June 10th Blog entry says they are still on track for late June, but I'm still wondering how many pieces are currently up.

Also, Tony put a render of what the color scheme of it will be.

image.jpg.b690c217b46cf309a820a156cc9c4d5b.jpg

Via OnPoint blog

Thanks...I was actually quite surprised that the tower hadn't really grown since my visit last month.

It looked like they have spent more time building up the entrance and ride op booth, but assume that they could probably have the tower assembled in a few days? I didn't get a chance to see if there were tower pieces still behind Gemini in this trip, but would assume that all pieces should now be on site.

The article says the train was stuck for hours, not that it was stuck with riders on it for hours. Very sneaky wording.

In any case the ride seems to be running right now.

EDIT: From reading through a few other sites it sounds like it was less than 2 hours but during that process they were evacuating people so most people got off faster than that. Everyone on the train was given:

-$50 In gift certificates to come back to the park

-free pizza & click fila

-free park tickets

- 3 skip the line passes

Take this with a grain of salt obviously as it's second hand information but this has popped up on a few sites.

The article says the train was stuck for hours, not that it was stuck with riders on it for hours. Very sneaky wording.

In any case the ride seems to be running right now.

EDIT: From reading through a few other sites it sounds like it was less than 2 hours but during that process they were evacuating people so most people got off faster than that. Everyone on the train was given:

-$50 In gift certificates to come back to the park

-free pizza & click fila

-free park tickets

- 3 skip the line passes

Take this with a grain of salt obviously as it's second hand information but this has popped up on a few sites.

Not a bad deal at all, that's worth hundreds of dollars

This Sunday and next Sunday (22nd and 29) platinum pass holders can get up to 6 people in for $19.99 each!

We will be there this Sunday for Coasting for Kids so we could get 12 people discounted prices if anyone was planning on going

Hopefully it doesn't rain! we are planning on testing out our new tent at the campground

This Sunday and next Sunday (22nd and 29) platinum pass holders can get up to 6 people in for $19.99 each!

We will be there this Sunday for Coasting for Kids so we could get 12 people discounted prices if anyone was planning on going

Hopefully it doesn't rain! we are planning on testing out our new tent at the campground

What an awesome deal, Cedar Fair's platinum pass is such a great deal for all the amenities that come with it

What an awesome deal, Cedar Fair's platinum pass is such a great deal for all the amenities that come with it

Yep! we go between KI and CP most of the season and love it! plus we might go to Dorney and KD this summer as well:)

Hi, hoping I can get some advice on which route I should take from Cedar Point to the Fairborn area. Planning on staying in that area so the drive isn't so far between Kings Island and Cedar Point.

I've only made that drive long time ago and I believe both times, I drove the interstate 75 and 90. But that's about 40 extra miles, I think. Google maps shows highway 2 as a straight shot, but as a small 2 lane road it seems, is this the best route? Are there even gas stations and food on the way? lol

I'm from Los Angeles and pretty much every fwy is major, so the smaller highways are a bit foreign to me.

Thanks for any help!

JT

^Do you mean Route 4? Route 2 connects Cleveland and Toledo and doesn't go to Dayton.

That being said, as a country road, it's going to be 55mph or higher for most of the trip, except when it passes through town. Don't worry, there will be gas stations! It's not all farmland, only mostly farmland Your car should be able to make it all the way on a tank of gas, I regularly drive from Cincinnati to Cleveland with no issue.

I like direct routes so I always take back roads when I get the chance. Keep in mind that there is a lot of construction along I-75 toward Lima right now, so you'd probably hit traffic if you took 90W to 75S.