TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I would really like that, but I don't expect CP to go in that direction anytime soon. I could be wrong, but I think CP next Coaster will be another high thrill Coaster. They certainly are not like SFMM, but they still lean towards a high thrill style with their Roller Coasters.

When CP turns to B&M, they are certainly looking for family thrill and over priced ride. GK looks great but I just don't think it deserves that much money.

Keep in mind that they also had to redo the whole front of the park and tear down two rides.

Cedar Points next coaster will be a Rocky Mountain conversion of Mean Streak. Of course that is an opinion, but Cedar Point like to build similar rides (some, not all) to Great America, its closest major theme park neighbor owned by a different company.

SFGrAm locals: Watch for Cedar Fair executives riding Goliath this year.

I just have this feeling.

I'm expecting something to happen to Mean Streak in the coming years. Whether its torn down or converted or upgraded or whatever, something is gonna happen. CP NEEDS a GOOD Woodie. A GCI would be perfect. ANd if it goes upside down, then that would be awesome! And knowing CP, they always break some sort of record...

It was discussed in the KI Thread about the next coaster going out over Lake Erie. Assuming its a steal, I say B&M Flyer. That would be a phenomenal fit for the park, and would be amazing.

Heres why a Polar Coaster would also be amazing. It would include an observation tower, which the park JUST removed, so now they don't have one. Now they'll have one. And of course its compact.

They need at least one of these 3! If not all!

And I don't know how that rumored dark ride plays into this...

Cedar Point needs RMC desperateley because they could build one heck of a coaster in place of mean streak, maybe even a hybrid like medusa or iron rattler that would fit in wonderfully, then theres the option for an inverting woodie, that would also be wonderful especially if it was western theme to fit in with Maverick.

I think I recall sometime a while ago when Matt Ouimet said he strongly dislikes the idea of a flyer going into Cedar Point (or any other CF park really). Could someone clear this up or am I just remembering things?

I believe it was Kinzel who stated that (or was rumored to have), so I guess all bets are off when it comes to that. Would be a little easier to look up if "flying/flyer" didn't refer to so many different things in the amusement world!

Fred Grubb says RMC is booked for the next couple years, makes you wonder which parks are getting these new projects

Which position does he hold? And if parks are getting RMC's, then heres who should get em:

-Dorney Park

-Kings Dominion

-Cedar Point

-Kings Island

They should get them in that order. Will that happen? Probably not.

Fred Grubb says RMC is booked for the next couple years, makes you wonder which parks are getting these new projects

Which position does he hold? And if parks are getting RMC's, then heres who should get em:

-Dorney Park

-Kings Dominion

-Cedar Point

-Kings Island

They should get them in that order. Will that happen? Probably not.

As much clout as CP has, I'm sure they're on the top of that list. The things RMC could do with Mean Steak

I think everybody has been posting some really good ideas, and predictions. The only thing I really disagree with is a complete removal of Mean Streak. The layout has too much potential, and just the astectics of the Ride would be too shameful to remove. At one point I would have agreed to bull doze it, but now with RMC being around and being as cool as they are, there would be no excuse to tear down Mean Streak.

Just uploaded a recap video of the Cedar Point Winter Chill Out tour. It was a fantastic off-season tour of Cedar Point which took us to see the improvements taking place on the Gemini Midway including Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles, through the maintenance shops, and all over a snowy Cedar Point.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Thinking of CP with some friends this May.

I've been there during May before and the crowds were pretty low, and that was on a weekend.

We're thinking of doing it on a weekday. I imagine a weekday in May would be pretty dead, but just looking for verification.

Also when may be better? The week after the 10th, or the 17th? I can't imagine it would matter on a weekday, but the 10th is opening weekend.

Thanks yall!

Thinking of CP with some friends this May.

I've been there during May before and the crowds were pretty low, and that was on a weekend.

We're thinking of doing it on a weekday. I imagine a weekday in May would be pretty dead, but just looking for verification.

Also when may be better? The week after the 10th, or the 17th? I can't imagine it would matter on a weekday, but the 10th is opening weekend.

Thanks yall!

Actually, a weekday in May can be surprisingly busy. A good number of schools in northern Ohio (probably southeastern Michigan as well) have class trips to Cedar Point on May weekdays. So you could literally have a dead day anywhere to moderately busy day depending on the number of schools attending the park on the day you choose. Lines probably will be manageable, but don't expect walk-ons for all the big coasters.

A few things popped up on CP's website

NEW For 2014 Lighthouse Point Expansion

THE BEST FAMILY VACATION DESTINATION JUST GOT BETTER

CEDAR POINT ANNOUNCES LIGHTHOUSE POINT EXPANSION

SANDUSKY, Ohio (March 4, 2014) – Even though there is still snow on the ground, it’s not too early to start thinking about warm summer days and planning a fun-filled family vacation getaway to Cedar Point! And lucky for you, the park voted the “Best Amusement Park in the World” will have even more options for you to “stay where you play” this year.

Cedar Point announced today that it will be adding 52 new deluxe cabins to its Lighthouse Point resort. These new cabins can accommodate up to 10 people and will feature two full bathrooms, four flat panel televisions, a dorm-size refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, outdoor charcoal grill and picnic table. In addition, all of the cottages, cabins and full hook-up campsites in Lighthouse Point will now offer free wireless internet access. A new registration building will help speed up the check-in process and get guests to their cabins and RV sites quicker than ever before.

Reservations for the new cabins can be made immediately and room nights will be available beginning May 23.

Lighthouse Point is conveniently located along the west bank of the Cedar Point Peninsula and consists of 64 cozy cottages, 40 quaint cabins and 97 luxury RV campsites in addition to the 52 new cabins. Originally opened in 2001, Lighthouse Point nearly doubled in size with a major addition in 2004. The centerpiece of Lighthouse Point is the historic Cedar Point Lighthouse (circa 1862), which is the oldest existing structure on the Cedar Point Peninsula.

Guests who stay at any Cedar Point Resorts property get the best perks, like $39 one-day admission tickets (a savings of more than $20 off the gate price) and Early Entry – a chance to experience some of the best rides and coasters on the planet a full one hour before the park opens to the general public.

Also, back by popular demand is Cedar Point’s Easy Pay plan which allows overnight visitors to lock-in low pre-season rates while conveniently managing the cost of their stay in four easy installments with no payment due at booking! Packages can be purchased on Cedar Point’s website or by calling 419-627-2106.

Cedar Point opens for the 2014 season on Saturday, May 10. For a complete operating schedule, visit cedarpoint.com.

Visit us on social media! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and check out our YouTube channel.

###

https://www.cedarpoint.com/article/media-center/Lighthouse-Point-Expansion-in-the-2014-Season

LHP_banner3.jpg.3df7bafbff1144104dd9d256abba0fc0.jpg

Overview/ Site Plan

LHP_banner4.jpg.742c0bb3afb09022df6507cf44b89884.jpg

First Floor

LHP_banner2.jpg.8baa57de1d5cae387a7f6e91e6aca4c1.jpg

Top Floor

LHP_banner1.jpg.ba6141bdc751118a77820f29d94035eb.jpg

Front View

LHP_banner5.jpg.3af3726191eaf85a89db6e070b97a465.jpg

Back View

https://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/lighthouse-point

Also

New for 2014 An All Day Dinning Deal for $29.99 at select Restaurants

With the All Day Dining Plan, you'll never go hungry, but you'll save a bundle. Enjoy an entree and a side every time you choose to stop in at one of the participating restaurants inside the park. Best of all, there's only a 90-minute wait time between meals. Stay fueled for the fun with the All Day Dining Plan.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/ticket-category/Meal-Deals#

^Looks good.

If i's a decent price, I might consider one for my next group visit.

I'm glad CP is finally getting their hotel properties up to standard. I've always thought these in particular were underutilized.

This new era of CF has brought some much needed changes/updates.

During the presentation at Winter Chill Out they had a slide that said roller coasters are in our DNA when discussing their five year plan. What looks like DNA? Polar coasters.

That's just a common saying now(@CP). It isn't an actual reflection of anything.