TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Its hard not to be excited for the first coaster since 2007, and especially one that is so photogenic. Regardless of how it rides, it'll certainly make for some great photo ops and ads for the park.

How crowded do you think it will be opening day? Does anyone know if fast lane will be available for gatekeeper right away and will there be a ride limit with it?

Crowds in the past have varied depending on the weather and such. Of course the new ride of that year will have the longest line in the park, so don't expect anything probably less than 1/2 an hour for Gatekeeper.

FastLane will be available for Gatekeeper as soon as it opens. No limits or anything, unlike some other parks. What makes FastLane unique is basically the "no limits" part of it. Even with Gatekeeper, you can hop into the FastLane line on any of the available rides at anytime, however many times you want!

Just an FYI, Fast Lane at Kings Dominion, (also a Cedar Fair Park) has a 2 rides per day limit with the Volcano Coaster (At least last year it did). We had our fast lane wristbands and the employee at the ride punched the wristband with a hole puncher.

I went to Cedar Point a couple times last year and I made the mistake of going on the last weekend of the season. They had 45 minute waits for maverick with Fast Lane. I am hoping that it won't be that bad.. but it sounds like it may. With the opening of the new coaster, my guess would be that more people would purchase Fast Lane to be able to ride Gatekeeper multiple times with less wait.

I Guess I would be safer if I go the weekend after opening weekend.

Edited by ChimyChanga

Just an FYI, Fast Lane at Kings Dominion, (also a Cedar Fair Park) has a 2 rides per day limit with the Volcano Coaster (At least last year it did). We had our fast lane wristbands and the employee at the ride punched the wristband with a hole puncher.

I highly doubt that will be a problem with Gatekeeper, because Volcano has absolutely horrible capacity. Which means if there's enough fast lane people, it could very well stop the line. Gatekeeper is a B&M at Cedar Point and therefore will have a good capacity no matter what, so fast lane should blend smoothly with the regular line, just like at Raptor.

Do you know if Cedar Point will open 1 hour early for season pass holders on opening day? If so, will Gatekeeper be running exclusively for season pass holders (and maybe resort guests?) I am a new season pass holder so I am unfamiliar with how the early entry works. Thanks

I haven't kept up with the Gatekeeper build but these recent pics look really great! I love the look of the trains, the lights are a nice touch and I LOVE the restraints. I rode in them on Sidewinder at Hersheypark last year and they were very comfy.

Do you know if Cedar Point will open 1 hour early for season pass holders on opening day? If so, will Gatekeeper be running exclusively for season pass holders (and maybe resort guests?) I am a new season pass holder so I am unfamiliar with how the early entry works. Thanks

Yes, every day of the season for resort and season pass guests.

I LOVE the restraints. I rode in them on Sidewinder at Hersheypark last year and they were very comfy.

Not the same. These are way more comfy! (in my own opinion)

Not sure how early entry will work with GateKeeper this year on opening day, since they will probably have some kind of ceremony and still have to do the "first rider auction" rides. Be prepared to not be able to ride right away, but you never know.

How crowded do you think it will be opening day? Does anyone know if fast lane will be available for gatekeeper right away and will there be a ride limit with it?

If it's a nice day weather wise, I'm expecting larger crowds due to Gatekeeper. The line for Gatekeeper will be very long because it's the new ride.

From CP twitter:

BExnG_wCMAAq9Cp.jpg:large

First train has arrived on-site

Here's a quick look at the first GateKeeper train, which arrived at CP yesterday. Can't wait until it's on the track! pic.twitter.com/pr0fUFZDIq

Oh looks good, it looks like it's a different color from the train we first saw, like more greyish gold. I like.

I can't wait to see all 3 trains, and it testing.

From cp.com:

"Train colors: Sunset Gold, with Zenith Gold, Meteor Gold and Orion Gold accents "

Soo... what you are saying is that it will have some gold on it? Love the look of the trains. 2013 is the year of the tongues it seems with 2 new coaster getting trains that are sticking them out.

From cp.com:

"Train colors: Sunset Gold, with Zenith Gold, Meteor Gold and Orion Gold accents "

Soo... what you are saying is that it will have some gold on it? Love the look of the trains. 2013 is the year of the tongues it seems with 2 new coaster getting trains that are sticking them out.

My understanding of it, and seems to be confirmed by the pix released so far, is that the fiberglass that has yet to be installed in the center on the newest picture, that we saw in the factory in older pix (with glowing eyes in front), is the "Sunset Gold." The outside edges of the trains seem to be the "accents" of Zenith, Meteor and Orion Gold.

The restraints look comfy!

Those restrains are not bad, more comfortable than the previous B&M restraints. When I rode X-Flight this past summer, the vest part felt like they were slightly pushing down on my shoulders close to my neck. I'm 6' 3" so I don't know if it was a height thing. I do have to say though, it didn't feel like a "clamp" like the other B&M restrains do. Also the claustrophobic feeling is gone, like I sometimes feel on the inverts.