TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

The coaster will be fun but as a long time fan of the park I'm almost as excited to see the new entrance area. The drive up the causeway is great then you walk up to an entrance area that was quite dull.

Make sure to check out our webcams and keep an eye on the blog cuz you never know where I might pop up to give you give guys your next look behind the scenes.

Am I reading that right? Did the official blog use the word "cuz"?

Yeah, Colleen seems to be aiming to become the next Tony. I'm glad she's more outgoing and giving the little info like the temps on the concrete.

-One blanket is going to be removed tomorrow in preparation to install the first keyhole on FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!!!

Surprised no one said anything about that. It's these little weird touches that I miss from years ago.

^^ They're steel. I'm thinking it looks like the track will actually be supported by these as it passes through the keyholes.

Are they going to be filled with sand? or will the interior be used as a maintenance shaft?

I doubt they would be large enough for any practical use. I'm surprised they arn't solid concrete. Are they made out of steel, or plastic?

They were going to make them out of concrete, but it was proving too difficult, so B&M offered to make them out of steel.

It really makes me nervous how they seem 100 % certain Gatekeeper will open on May 11th. Maverick, Shoot the Crapids, and Windseeker were all delayed weeks past opening day. If the weather hopefully cooperates, then I will be worry for nothing!

It also helps that the B&M plant is in Ohio.

I'm pretty sure that it will open on time. Considering the coaster isn't a prototype that hasn't been done before, has a traditional lift hill with almost 4 months to go with almost half of the layout finished. I'm willing to bet that the layout would be finished sometime around March if nothing comes up.

It really makes me nervous how they seem 100 % certain Gatekeeper will open on May 11th. Maverick, Shoot the Crapids, and Windseeker were all delayed weeks past opening day. If the weather hopefully cooperates, then I will be worry for nothing!

That makes you nervous? Why? If it opens on time then great but if not then whatever, nothing to get nervous about.

^ I am visiting the park that Sunday of the weekend and was hoping to get on it. I won't be able to make it to CP for the rest of the summer since its a 10+ drive. Plus, I am very busy this summer so I can't make another trip anyways

I see, I understand. Yeah I might be a little nervous of that too. Well I hope its open on time so you can get the credit.